Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Discussion of Princeville Villas timeshare offers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Discussion of Princeville Villas timeshare offers

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2005, 9:24 pm

Programs: AA 1MM, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Avis Pres Club, Nat'l Exec Elite
me too

I'm also interested in a referral if anyone has that ability here. PM me...

Thanks
Old Mar 27, 2005, 12:45 am

[QUOTE=Da5idBut we really like A Pacific Cafe in Kapaa. Ranked one of the best on Kauai.[/QUOTE]

FYI: the restaurant in closed until June for renovations, and they are moving to a new location as well.
Old Mar 27, 2005, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by ExtrAAordinaire
FYI: the restaurant in closed until June for renovations, and they are moving to a new location as well.

Thanks ExtrAAordinaire, that would have been a disappointment to go and find it not there.
Old Mar 28, 2005, 1:19 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by rehabusrab
. part of the original package to come gave you 8K points.
Hmm-- just re-read our original invite and I cannot find any reference to points-- 5 nights, $100 certificate + $185 toward Avis Rental car. There is no hint of any type of presentation, simply that the invitation is intended to "re-introduce [us] to the opulence of The Luxury Collection . . . and lead [us] back to the Princeville Resort or to one of our other Starwood hotel and resort properties worldwide"

The fineprint on the back also makes no reference to a presentation. Perhaps there are different packages?

Originally Posted by rehabusrab
. have fun, hope this helps
Thanks for all the info!
Old Mar 29, 2005, 6:08 am

Programs: NWA Plt,AA ExPlt,UA Pre,USAir Gld,*wood Plat, HIL Gld, Hyatt Gld, PriorityCl Plt, Marriot Silv
Originally Posted by damon88
Hmm-- just re-read our original invite and I cannot find any reference to points-- 5 nights, $100 certificate + $185 toward Avis Rental car. There is no hint of any type of presentation, simply that the invitation is intended to "re-introduce [us] to the opulence of The Luxury Collection . . . and lead [us] back to the Princeville Resort or to one of our other Starwood hotel and resort properties worldwide"

The fineprint on the back also makes no reference to a presentation. Perhaps there are different packages?

Thanks for all the info!
Could be. Could also be that they changed it in the last year. I actually bought my package back in 2003 but could never find a week free in 2004 that aligned with my schedule. Thought I might have to forfeit my half deposit(or argue for it) but when *wood called me in oct, they offered 2005 dates too. Was very happy to get spring break week. Anyways, dont know if this has anything to do with it or not.
Old Mar 29, 2005, 10:01 pm

Programs: AA PLT->GLD|HH Gold|SPG PLT->GOLD|HGP Gold|MR Silver
I hate adding to the "me too" list, but I'm afraid someone may send in a list based on PM's but not post here... so what the heck. If anyone can refer me for the Princeville offer, I could certainly use a week of R&R!
Old Mar 30, 2005, 11:29 am

why not... it's only a bandwagon

I would enjoy a referral also if there is one to be had, kindly PM or email.

many thanks
Old Mar 31, 2005, 10:25 pm

Hi. I recently received the Harborside Resort at Atlantis offer (THANKS EC TRAVELER). I am trying to decide which package to book. I will be staying in May of 2006 for my anniversary. I get the choice of 3 packages:

$749.00 5 nights/$100 Guest Reward at the Beach Towers
$949.00 5 nights/$100 Guest Reward at the Coral Towers
$1149.00 5 nights/$100 Guest Reward at the Royal Towers

Can anyone tell me if it's worth it to upgrade from the Beach Towers? From looking at a map of the complex it seems the Coral Towers is a more centrally located. Can anyone who has stayed there give me some advantages/disadvantages of the different towers? I am also Starwood Gold, but don't know if I will get any perks with this package deal.

If it helps, my wife and I are going without kids and it is the first time either one of us have been to the Bahamas. We stayed at the Princeville for our honeymoon 2 years ago and it was absolutely fabulous!!!

Thanks,
DrSung
Old Mar 31, 2005, 10:49 pm

Programs: AA Plt, UA Pre
After years of reading FlyerTalk without an account, I figured this would be a good time to join in!

The $799 starwood offer is certainly meant to attract non-starwood timeshare owners (primarily). We got this offer last year, and it is completely legit, except we had to first pre-pay the amount, and then wait and make the reservations on a later date. That sounded suspicious, what if they said nothing was available when we wanted the reservations (in June). But they assured us it is legit, and we believed. There was no selling over the phone, and indeed the reservations were available when we wanted (and it is per room, not person). Reservation for Avis was made too.

It was indeed a great deal, they gave us a nice room, not the worst one (if there are any). The time share presentation was soft-sell, we felt we should attend a bit (especially since they provide baby-sitting, we had a 4 and 6 year old with us). We left half way through the timeshare presentation (which was one on one, but they didn't press to complete it). I think they knew we were Marriott timeshare owners (which is probably how we got on the list), as they kept comparing to Marriott.

When we left, they gave us a "50% off rack rate for 5 or more nights anywhere in the world" starwood coupon, with no expiry date, and said it had no expiry date. We held on to the coupon for a year (maybe too long) and when we tried to use it then, we were told that "that program has expired"!

Except for that it was a great deal!
Old Apr 1, 2005, 12:50 am

Programs: SPG Plat and that is that!
Wow...a bit overwhelming...

OK - As one might expect from the numerous posts here, I have seen numerous PM's without posts as well as posts here. Like I said earlier, I am skeptical that they want me "filling" up all their availability but hey, what is FT for. So a couple things to respond to...

First - I know for a fact that the Princeville offer is "sold out" for any dates except for Nov & Dec 2005 with only a few minor exceptions for other 2005 dates. I have several friends trying to honeymoon or plan trips for 2005, I referred them, and all got the same answer on Princeville which is "sold out" for the promo. They have not released 2006 dates, best I can tell as of yet.

Next - I saw somewhere someone talking about an Explorer package; this is different. Some people I personally know also have gotten this; they got this by being ON SITE and going to some sort of promo presentation. This is a dfferent package - I've heard ranges of anywhere from $1100 - $1600 for 5 nights at Maui Westin - also subject to availablity and also not yet released for 2006.

My laptop battery is about to die, so more later on this. But, as for the Atlantis and which room decision...I struggle with this too...location in my opinion is not a factor - all towers are close to something you will want eventually. Beach/Coral are VERY close to each other; in my humble opinion, having never stayed in beach or coral, only royal - I'd either spend the 749 for beach or 1149 for royal - either "go cheap" and save the 400 to spend on gambling or food (IT IS VERY EXPENSIVE TO EAT THERE!!!!!) or splurge for what is definitely a nicer tower.

For what its worth - the Atlantis deal sounds like a great one, especially for people on the East Coast.

So that said, all of my "friends" - I should be able to submit your name, remembering of course, that it will take about 3 weeks to get the documentation. If you are interested, please PM me - you will need to submit your name, address, and phone number. I will do just one more batch of names since this has picked up steam again - when you do submit me a PM also tell me whether you want to be "targeted" for Atlantis, Maui Westin, or Princeville...keeping in mind Princeville is not having much availabliity. You can always ask about the others once you get the packet, but they do pick one and send it and the deault is the Maui Westin.

Once again - if you are already a Starwood Vacation Ownership owner, you are NOT eligible for these. Also, if you have an Explorer package - you can only do one promo for each year - and they DO check this.

Good luck and enjoy!

Last edited by EC Traveler; Apr 1, 2005 at 12:52 am
Old Apr 12, 2005, 5:27 am

Programs: NWA Plt,AA ExPlt,UA Pre,USAir Gld,*wood Plat, HIL Gld, Hyatt Gld, PriorityCl Plt, Marriot Silv
Just an update, it took 3 weeks but my 18K *wood pts just posted(8K for buying this package + 10K for listening to the timeshare pitch).

finally, got my just reward when i did my daily login into my acct. The 18K incremental pts to my acct bumps me into a 1 week free in maui/hawaii again... Now where/when to spend them...
Old May 10, 2005, 1:28 am

Referral

I would enjoy a referral also if there is one to be had, kindly PM or email.

many thanks
Old May 10, 2005, 8:26 am

Programs: SPG LT Plat, Hilton G,Priorty Club G, AC E
Newbie looking for a referal also...

...for Princeville, good karma guarenteed.
Thanx
Please PM me if you would like to help.
Cheers Don.
Old May 26, 2005, 1:53 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, CC Gold, UA Silver
Me too please

Hate to beg also, but if someone could PM offer also. Thanks
Old May 26, 2005, 3:38 pm

Programs: SPG-PLT, DL-PLT, AA-GLD (1 MM)
Add me to the list of those looking for a referral! (Please)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.