Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Discussion of Princeville Villas timeshare offers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Discussion of Princeville Villas timeshare offers

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2004, 9:44 pm

We stayed there last year. You check in and off to the side there is someone at a desk with a "welcome" gift (not a plat amenity or anything like that). When you retrieve your gift, that's when they ask if you would like to attend a presentation for Starwood VO and get 10K points and a $50 voucher for meals, golf etc. If you decline, it's no big deal at all.

The presentation is very low key but professional. They want to sell you Starwood Vo, but do not want to alienate customers, so they will take no for an answer.

Rooms there are $400 ...on the low end
Old Nov 4, 2004, 2:15 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

This board is give and take

Plenty of people have asked for the number... the least you can do is share. I don't have any idea why you wouldn't.
Old Nov 5, 2004, 12:35 pm

The phone number is 800-613-3054. There is also an email address [email protected]. However, when I talked to them, they specifically said you need the invitation number which is tied to my name. They have no control over who can receive the invitation.
Old Nov 5, 2004, 12:45 pm

My parents received same offer last year

No real catch at all. They had a wonderful stay there. They were asked if they wanted to attend a presentation and offered some points or hotel $$ cedit if they did attend, but it was a no pressure offer given at check-in. $160/night plus points or such is a pretty good offer for this property IMO.

Enjoy
Old Nov 5, 2004, 1:30 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Thanks for the info, as it is worth a shot.
Old Nov 5, 2004, 4:34 pm

I actually had a conversation with someone at Starwood that was pulling together the targeted list for this promotion. As mentioned above, you will be invited to attend a timeshare presentation, they are typically relatively painless IF you decide to go..... and I'm guessing it's the "pre-construction" offer for the new Starwood Vacation Ownership development in the Princeville area...... over looking Anini Beach. I went on one these 5 day offers to the Westin Maui back in 2002 and we ended up buying at the SVO in Westin Ocean Resort Villas in Ka'anapali in 2003. Pricey........ but after vacationing in St. John, Kierland and Maui this Feb.... tons of value for the money. The five day deal is a great opportunity, I would jump at it!

Old Nov 5, 2004, 7:10 pm

Is that a for sure SVO on Kauai? When we went a year ago the Princeville presentation was for Maui, but they were talking about the possibility of Kauai.

I like the idea of SVO, but just can't get past the monthly maintenace fee. $80-100 /month when you use it one to two weeks of the year seems a bit greedy to me.
Old Nov 5, 2004, 9:01 pm

Programs: Starwood Platinum,Marriott Platinum, United Silver
Well then, don't look at it as a monthly fee. It's an annual fee. At Kierland, I'll pay approximately $800 total. And that is for their ultra luxurious 2 bedroom. These fees, after sales are complete, are set by the residents' committee. It is not another way for the developer to make a profit, but rather as the means of keeping up the property and having a reserve for continual upgrading so it doesn't get stale.

FWIW, at Four Season at Troon North, the annual maintenance fee is something like $1,650 per year.
Old Nov 8, 2004, 7:00 am

package offers

If you want to take advantage of these package offers, can you get a refund on your deposit if you can't get the dates you want? Also, is the $185 for an Avis car easy to use or is it full of restrictions?
Old Nov 10, 2004, 12:37 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
I called up and spoke with guest services and was told they could not create an offer for me.

However, they did say they could create one if a current owner referred me.

Is anyone here a timeshare owner at the Princeville Sheraton? If so, would you please PM me about setting up a referral?

Thanks!
Old Nov 11, 2004, 10:24 am

weird

I got the offer by phone (without a referral). They contacted me though, maybe that's the difference. I'm not an owner, so I don't think I can help.
Old Nov 12, 2004, 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by sandycoflyer
If you want to take advantage of these package offers, can you get a refund on your deposit if you can't get the dates you want? Also, is the $185 for an Avis car easy to use or is it full of restrictions?
You have 12 months, maybe it's 18 month window for reservations from the date that they send out the offer. However, you must book your trip within 14 days of receiving the offer. So, you will have no problem finding dates that will work. When we picked up our car at Avis, we asked to extend one day, the agent said no problem, since the $185 would cover 7 days rental. The promo that we received said the $185 was for a 5 night stay. We stayed one extra night and the $185 covered it for a mid-size car. (Chevy Malibu). I'll post a separate trip report on how our trip went. In other words, the rental was no hassle. The only thing we paid for was gas. Edited to add Trip report below...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...51#post3388451

Last edited by toadman; Nov 12, 2004 at 5:18 pm
Old Nov 15, 2004, 7:19 am

we'll see

Originally Posted by toadman
You have 12 months, maybe it's 18 month window for reservations from the date that they send out the offer. However, you must book your trip within 14 days of receiving the offer. So, you will have no problem finding dates that will work. When we picked up our car at Avis, we asked to extend one day, the agent said no problem, since the $185 would cover 7 days rental. The promo that we received said the $185 was for a 5 night stay. We stayed one extra night and the $185 covered it for a mid-size car. (Chevy Malibu). I'll post a separate trip report on how our trip went. In other words, the rental was no hassle. The only thing we paid for was gas. Edited to add Trip report below...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...51#post3388451
Ok, I put down my deposit yesterday. We'll see how it goes!
Old Dec 14, 2004, 10:13 pm

Programs: UA1P
Just got the same offer. Price dropped to $749 now. So tempting!
Old Jan 23, 2005, 3:22 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, Marriott LT Platinum
I just returned from Princeville (great upgrade to Junior Suite!) where we purchased into the SVO deal on Maui. I was given a "Friendship Program" sheet where I list names and addresses of friend who will be contacted and offered the 5 night/Avis car deal. So, if anyone wants to be on the list, please send me your name/address/phone and I will add you to my frienship list.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.