Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2018 Platinum Requalification Roll Call

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2017, 10:46 am

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
So I just made Plat(75). Interestingly, due to the length of this most recent stay and my proximity to Plat(75) at check-in, I'm but two nights shy of Plat(100). (Yes, I probably should've checked out long enough to bump to Plat(75) early on so as to earn the extra points, but I was too busy working to mess around like that). In retrospect, the bonus extra night credits would've been a pretty good choice for me at Plat(50), but there was no way to know that at the time, and bonus nights just seemed silly in a year I'm likely to log north of 200 nights @ SPG alone.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 5:43 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum / Titanium, AA Executive Platinum
June 21 Platinum re-qualify

Just hit the 25th stay to make Platinum on June 21 for the 8th time. No telling what kind of lifetime program it will be but I hope I don't lose any progress after the merger.

I do have 24 nights Marriott since my travel has taken me to some non-SPG places.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 5:44 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum / Titanium, AA Executive Platinum
Dupe

duplicate post

Last edited by quinella66; Jun 21, 2017 at 5:45 pm Reason: Duplicate
Old Jun 22, 2017, 7:07 am

At 63nights and on my way to Plat100 for the third year in a row.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 11:26 am

P100 and then some. Interestingly, it could be a month or more before I stay in another SPG property (going home for awhile, going on a trip paid for by my wife's employer, and then possibly doing some Marriott time in South America). Still think I'll hit 200 SPG nights by year's end, and possibly re-earn MR Plat outright along the way (more than half way there now)...
Old Jul 14, 2017, 12:36 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum (100)
Just hit P100 again this year with my last stay yesterday (actually now sitting on 105 SPG nights so far this year). A bunch more coming so will likely hit 140-150 nights by year end.

Will be sprinkling a few Marriott nights here and there as well.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 10:24 am

just got a message from plat ambassador asking me if I thot i was going to make it to 100 this year...typically hit 100 about now, but this year sitting at 35 (+10 marriott). All in have 85+ nights in hotels YTD just not seeing any reason to be devoted to SPG. anyone else in similar boat?
Old Jul 20, 2017, 5:08 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
Hit Platinum with 25 stays last weekend. On track for P50 by year's end.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 9:04 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, WN A+, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Amb, Hertz PC
I made P50 in early July. I'll probably make Ambassador again but may switch back to Hyatt after P75 if there is a compelling promo. I'm already at 55 Hyatt nights and will make Globalist.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 9:04 pm

Location: Homosassa, FL & Ringwood, NJ -UA-G(Lifetime); SPG-Plat (Lifetime)
First time in years I won't get back to Platinum. Just too many medical issues precluded the usual travel. Stuff happens......
Old Jul 21, 2017, 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by Vulcan
First time in years I won't get back to Platinum. Just too many medical issues precluded the usual travel. Stuff happens......
Does not SPG extend status in the event of such aberrations? I know that Marriott did that for me a time or two, although for the most part I wasn't able to take advantage of it (my travel pattern is typically full-on or full-off for a couple of year stretches, so there've been years when I was MR Plat + UA GS and sitting at home doing absolutely nothing with either).
Old Aug 9, 2017, 12:58 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Hit Platinum today with 50 nights in 20 stays so far. Never made 75 so will try to cram that in by year's end; 100 is a little more optimistic, but woohoo, status until 2019!

Just need to re-earn Plat again in 2018 seeing that the Marriott-Starwood global program is delayed and will hopefully make LT Gold before the window closes...

khabah
Old Aug 9, 2017, 2:37 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, Melia Platinum, SIXT Platinum, Accor Silver, Lufthansa FTL
I hit P50 and 25 stays on Monday. Now I need to get 7 more nights to reach LTG before the year is ending.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 7:41 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Amb, Hertz PC, Natl EE
I switched over from Hyatt (don't like their new program) and took a SPG challenge for Platinum which I now have as of a week ago. Should hit P50 in a couple months. May hit P75 with a little effort though the extra SPG point/$ seems so minor of a benefit. The P100 Ambassador experience seems so inconsistent I'm not at all motivated to hit that target. Feels like P50 is the sweet spot for this program.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 7:39 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by CommentatusMaximus
I switched over from Hyatt (don't like their new program) and took a SPG challenge for Platinum which I now have as of a week ago. Should hit P50 in a couple months. May hit P75 with a little effort though the extra SPG point/$ seems so minor of a benefit. The P100 Ambassador experience seems so inconsistent I'm not at all motivated to hit that target. Feels like P50 is the sweet spot for this program.
Agree, but P75 does have Your24 (which can come in handy for International arrivals in the early AM). And the 25% bump in Starpoints will culminate in faster earnings and better reward redemptions. That said, if it's a huge effort I wouldn't chase either. But it's a decent level and (just my opinion), the levels above P50 likely have better suite upgrade chances (although I have no data to support... just a feeling from my stays).

As for P100 - it's ymmv. Some have excellent Ambassadors which make the level worthwhile. Others have poor Ambassadors which make the level worthless (since that is the only benefit provided). It's a gamble and as such I wouldn't recommend chasing this level unless it requires minimal to no effort.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.