Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2018 Platinum Requalification Roll Call

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2017, 11:47 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, DL Diamond, NK Gold, Mariott LT Plat/Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
Crossed the 50-night mark a few weeks ago. Will get it up to 75 nights (if not 100) by the end of the year. Now I need to focus on requalifying for Hyatt Globalist. I'm at 19 nights there.
Old May 25, 2017, 7:24 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Already at 114 nights! Hit 50 nights back in March. Requalified for Ambassador level for 4th year.
Old May 25, 2017, 9:36 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by bhrubin
Already at 114 nights! Hit 50 nights back in March. Requalified for Ambassador level for 4th year.
Great, so next year will be your 5th year and you'll get the free set of steak knives! Though seriously, is it really that much better?

I will requal PLT next month with 3 stays booked on the east coast-US of course. Lots of one-night-stands so far this year, but with my Sept trip, should make up to the 50 nights. I will finish up requal for Spire/AMB on IHG next month as well (unfortunately, no SPG properties close enough to San Clemente, CA,) so I can better concentrate on SPG. Waiting to see how the MR-SPG joinder works out to decide if I should shift the IHG stays to MR, as I'm doing over 125 nights per year (many IHG reward nights including 16 Points Break-5000 point- as well as 14 nts carried over from last year) total between the two (IHG and SPG) programs, as a retired guy, so not OPM.
Old May 25, 2017, 10:28 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by rbAA
Though seriously, is it [Plat100 Ambassador status] really that much better?
SPG Plat100 Ambassador status really is that much better for me. My Ambassador makes sure I've been upgraded to suites for most of my work travel and to particularly nice suites for almost all of my leisure travel. In the rare instances when I haven't been upgraded to a suite, I always get 2-3 category room upgrades. My Ambassador also has helped me out of a few jams when scheduling or travel goes awry. Once she even saved me $2000 by getting me a credit instead of losing a non-refundable night at the StR Bora Bora when my flight got canceled to Tahiti--despite the hotel policy being straightforward against me.

I even get upgraded well in advance without using SNAs...including just getting upgraded today on a paid stay in August at a Luxury Collection hotel to one of their 2 top specialty suites (well beyond what SNAs provide), even though it's already sold out. I had a similar suite upgrade months in advance without SNA on paid stay at W Bogota in Feb 2016. The best was on a paid discounted 3rd party auction stay at the StR Bora Bora in April 2016 getting upgraded anyway to the Royal Overwater Villa.

On top of that, my Ambassador really makes sure to go the extra mile for me whenever I need it (which is perhaps 1/3 of my stays)...and the hotels really tend to go the extra mile for me because they know I'm so high status. I stay at the higher end of the SPG portfolio, so I think my status makes a big difference in the added level of service and priority I receive compared to regular Plat or regular high paying guests.

Last edited by bhrubin; May 25, 2017 at 11:12 pm
Old May 25, 2017, 10:33 pm

Originally Posted by bhrubin
SPG Plat100 Ambassador status really is that much better. My Ambassador make sure I've been upgraded to suites for most of my work travel and to particularly nice suites for almost all of my leisure travel. In the rare instances when I haven't been upgraded to a suite, I always get 2-3 category room upgrades.

I even get upgraded well in advance without using SNAs...including just getting upgraded today on a paid stay in August at a Luxury Collection hotel to one of their 2 top specialty suites (well beyond what SNAs provide), even though it's already sold out. I had a similar suite upgrade months in advance without SNA on paid stay at W Bogota in Feb 2016. The best was on a paid discounted 3rd party auction stay at the StR Bora Bora in April 2016 getting upgraded anyway to the Royal Overwater Villa.

On top of that, my Ambassador really makes sure to go the extra mile for me whenever I need it (which is perhaps 1/3 of my stays)...and the hotels really tend to go the extra mile for me because they know I'm so high status. I stay at the higher end of the SPG portfolio, so I think my status makes a big difference in the added level of service and priority I receive compared to regular Plat or regular high paying guests.
Is your ambassador very proactive? How do you communicate with your ambassador regarding your needs?

My ambassador stinks. I asked her twice to help with some special situations, and she always tells me, "It is up to the property's discretion."

I don't think I've gotten any special upgrades or any more from when I was normal plat
Old May 25, 2017, 10:48 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by myko85
Is your ambassador very proactive? How do you communicate with your ambassador regarding your needs?

My ambassador stinks. I asked her twice to help with some special situations, and she always tells me, "It is up to the property's discretion."

I don't think I've gotten any special upgrades or any more from when I was normal plat
I don't want to hijack this thread...but I do believe that the type of hotel you stay in makes a difference. Ambassador requests are executed by hotels, most often...so better hotels understandably and not surprisingly tend to execute those requests better--because they are used to offering better service anyway.

Last edited by bhrubin; May 25, 2017 at 10:56 pm
Old May 25, 2017, 10:49 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by rbAA
Great, so next year will be your 5th year and you'll get the free set of steak knives! Though seriously, is it really that much better?
Originally Posted by myko85

You can find answers from bhrubin to your questions in this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...00-nights.html Go to the last 100 or so posts in that thread.

Let's please not take this thread off-topic.
Old May 25, 2017, 11:14 pm

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
A few weeks ago made 25 stays. Most likely will continue up to 50 nights(10 more to do,2 until LTG), after that depending what promotions would be available.
Old May 26, 2017, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by EWRFlyerAL
Crossed the 50-night mark a few weeks ago. Will get it up to 75 nights (if not 100) by the end of the year. Now I need to focus on requalifying for Hyatt Globalist. I'm at 19 nights there.
hit my 25th stay two weeks ago. eight more nights for 50.
Old May 26, 2017, 10:36 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Southwest AL CP, Hyatt Globalist
Platinum for 6th year straight, 502 lifetime.
Old May 26, 2017, 12:21 pm

Programs: UA: 1K, Hyatt: Explorist and Marriott: LF Titanium Elite
Crossed the Plat 50 nights couple weeks ago and on the road again so 100+ nights expected again
Old May 29, 2017, 10:45 am

Programs: BA LTG, UA Gold, EK Silver, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Plat
Completed 25 stays last week. 44 nights. Will easily do 100+ nights this year so 3rd year running for Ambassador program (assuming it doesn't get canned). Nice that it is there but only used it once for a special occassion for something more than the norm.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 5:38 pm

Programs: Marriott: Platinum/LT Silver, AS: MVP
First time qualifying for Plat. Completed a status challenge last weekend. I'll have the status through my honeymoon. Very excited.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 6:47 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ejg930
First time qualifying for Plat. Completed a status challenge last weekend. I'll have the status through my honeymoon. Very excited.
Congrats ejg. Great timing. I hope you have an amazing honeymoon. ^
Old Jun 3, 2017, 4:14 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Today. Today. I had my 50th night last night in Hong Kong at the Ovolo Southside.

Checking out tomorrow so it will be Monday before I get my email.

Fourth year as Plat. Qualified as Lifetime Gold two weeks ago. Happy days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.