Wiki Posts
Search

2018 Platinum Requalification Roll Call

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2017, 4:15 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Originally Posted by Mrtravel28
At this point....what's the point? Plenty of time to re-qualify if, when, they announce how the program gets butchered.
There may not be as much time for LTG/LTP, which is why some of us are gunning to make PLT now. I've got 11 stays to go.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 10:27 am

Programs: AC SE, Marriott - Titanium
I have re-qualified for Platinum as of Feb 25, 50 nights.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 8:08 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Requalified, 25 stays (34 nights so far), helped along a little bit by the double double promo. I didn't requalify last year, so I've had a weekend as a Gold member for a change.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 4:00 pm

Hit 50 nights last week. I thought I was going to be Lifetime Platinum, but alas, need another 25 stays/50 nights starting 1 Jan 2018.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 7:05 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, HH D
Hit 25 stays for Plat-lite over the weekend. Incidentally, also hitting 500+ nights and my 10th year of Plat qualification for Lifetime Plat. Got the congrats for making annual Plat but not yet the one for making LTP.

Likely to try hitting Plat50 again this year but it depends if I want to devote attention to SPG or some other programme, now that I should be getting LTP.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 8:45 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz PC, Marriott/SPG Platinum
Qual'd. Cheers
Old Mar 18, 2017, 6:23 am

Programs: SPG Platinum (100)
After last night, I've just hit SPG50 (and LT Plat) very likely on my way to SPG100 (but probably not as easily as the past few years as my fall travel will be a bit less active than in previous years).
Old Mar 18, 2017, 8:03 pm

Programs: AA Gold; SPG PLT100; Marriott Plt; UA Silver
Originally Posted by dannybhoy
Hit 25 stays for Plat-lite over the weekend. Incidentally, also hitting 500+ nights and my 10th year of Plat qualification for Lifetime Plat. Got the congrats for making annual Plat but not yet the one for making LTP.

Likely to try hitting Plat50 again this year but it depends if I want to devote attention to SPG or some other programme, now that I should be getting LTP.
The Double Double promo doesn't let you qualify for LTP. You have to qualify on your own without the promo. So you still have to hit your 50 nights/25 stays.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 9:35 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by uxb
There may not be as much time for LTG/LTP, which is why some of us are gunning to make PLT now. I've got 11 stays to go.
Why do you think this? You think they will cut-off LTP/LTG mid-year? I'm also a few nights short... wasn't overly worried about doing it quickly... but if you have some insider info I'm willing to change my mind.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 11:55 pm

Originally Posted by PhillyUrbs
The Double Double promo doesn't let you qualify for LTP. You have to qualify on your own without the promo. So you still have to hit your 50 nights/25 stays.
I did hit my 25 stays for 2018 and in the process 500+ lifetime nights and completed my 10th Plat qualifying year. That's what I said in my previous post. I didn't say nowt about the Double Double promo although my mad home stretch sprint was facilitated by the Double Take promo.

Last edited by dannybhoy; Mar 19, 2017 at 6:30 pm Reason: Correction: Used Double Take promo instead of Double Double. Brainfart.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 12:16 pm
uxb

Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
Why do you think this? You think they will cut-off LTP/LTG mid-year? I'm also a few nights short... wasn't overly worried about doing it quickly... but if you have some insider info I'm willing to change my mind.
No insider info. LT status is for the life of the programme, and MR has yet to announce how it intends to gut or merge SPG. I prefer to act now and seek the answers to these questions later.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 12:17 pm
uxb

I did hit my 25 stays for 2018 and in the process 500+ lifetime nights and completed my 10th Plat qualifying year. That's what I said in my previous post. I didn't say nowt about the Double Double promo although my mad home stretch sprint was facilitated by said promo.
If you did participate in Double Double then PhillyUrbs is right. You're going to have to complete your nights the hard way.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 5:20 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum (100)
Originally Posted by uxb
No insider info. LT status is for the life of the programme, and MR has yet to announce how it intends to gut or merge SPG. I prefer to act now and seek the answers to these questions later.
I never really chased LT since will earn very likely Plat for the foreseeable future although I do appreciate LT status but, in the end, I can't really imagine Marriott trashing LT status in any future/merged/standalone loyalty program. Why would they do anything to alienate what are likely their most rabidly loyal customers?

I can certainly see Marriott perhaps changing the thresholds since MR LT (750 nights + 2 million MR points) and SPG LT (500 nights + 10 years Plat) require different thresholds (as do SPG Plat vs MR Plat, for that matter) but to do away with SPG LT members altogether would be quite unusual, in my mind.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by uxb
If you did participate in Double Double then PhillyUrbs is right. You're going to have to complete your nights the hard way.
Sorry brainfart on my part. I signed up for Double Take not Double Double. I'm still puzzled as to why Philly thought that I took up Double Double when I made no reference of the sort in my original post.

In any case, I presume that my Plat requal for 2018 is confirmed since I got the requal congrats email AND the LTP congrats email (along with the link to verify address for the mailing of the metal card).
Old Mar 20, 2017, 8:05 pm
uxb

Sorry brainfart on my part. I signed up for Double Take not Double Double. I'm still puzzled as to why Philly thought that I took up Double Double when I made no reference of the sort in my original post.

In any case, I presume that my Plat requal for 2018 is confirmed since I got the requal congrats email AND the LTP congrats email (along with the link to verify address for the mailing of the metal card).
Congratulations!!! I am almost there. 5 more stays to go.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.