Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

[PREOPENING] Excited for upcoming St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Archived]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREOPENING] Excited for upcoming St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Archived]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2016, 10:24 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by vg247
Small' side step question- I'm a UNITED *A customer, anyone have recommendations to Maldives from SFO?

So far it seems my best option is SFO - SIN - MLE but arrival time is awful around 11p, and then I'd need to catch the hotel's plane from MLE to the resort, losing another day.

Thanks in advance,
I don't think you can avoid losing a night getting there. A better option would be to stay the night in Singapore and fly out the next day on the morning flight.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 11:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium
Originally Posted by Alphatmldr
I don't think you can avoid losing a night getting there. A better option would be to stay the night in Singapore and fly out the next day on the morning flight.
Many thanks, just finished searching options and that's what we will do
Old Aug 3, 2016, 12:30 am

Small' side step question- I'm a UNITED *A customer, anyone have recommendations to Maldives from SFO?

So far it seems my best option is SFO - SIN - MLE but arrival time is awful around 11p, and then I'd need to catch the hotel's plane from MLE to the resort, losing another day.

Thanks in advance,
Not sure if you can fly Singapore with United miles but we're taking a flight SFO-SIN-MLE on Singapore and Silk that arrives in the morning. Maybe that could work?
Old Aug 3, 2016, 12:45 am

Originally Posted by spellbound2
Not sure if you can fly Singapore with United miles but we're taking a flight SFO-SIN-MLE on Singapore and Silk that arrives in the morning. Maybe that could work?
Thanks very much spellbound- we decided to do *A SFO-SIN (stay overnight), SIN Airlines to/from MLE, then a few days in Singapore and back via *A again
Old Aug 3, 2016, 5:38 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
Can't believe the luck but was able to get all F ticket on Etihad for the trip from London as well.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 5:43 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
I wonder how fast until inventory dries up and the hotel is full of points stayers.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 10:30 am

Thanks in advance,

We're coming in from LAX through SIN on SQ flights and we land at 11:35AM
Old Aug 3, 2016, 3:33 pm

Programs: AA CK / Marriott Worthless Ambassador
No boat

At first I was told there is speed boat transfer by SPG. That is not correct. More info below:

I have confirmed that our seaplane operates between 6am-4pm for transfers to The St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort from the airport.

I suggest arriving earlier than one hour prior to the last transfer.

It takes 45 minutes per way.

This is the only method of transport to and from the resort and the airport.

My previous e-mail had a typo; I apologize.

We do not offer a speedboat transfer here.

The actual seaplane schedule will be determined one day prior to arrival or departure.

The waiting time at the seaplane terminal is subject to change, based on operations and weather conditions.

The resort is not responsible for supplementary charges incurred as a result of cancellations by Trans Maldivian Airways.

The maximum baggage allowance per person is 25 kilograms.

Excess baggage will be charged an additional fee of 5 USD per kilogram.

The cost is 645 USD per person, roundtrip.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 4:20 pm

It is very hard to book now

I have checked several days during the peak season and it seems they are all booked out or blocked.

Just call again for several random dates even during low season, no points options now. It seems gone....

Anyone has the similar experiences?

Last edited by mebluemouse; Aug 3, 2016 at 4:53 pm
Old Aug 3, 2016, 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by mebluemouse
I have checked several days during the peak season and it seems they are all booked out or blocked.

Just call again for several random dates even during low season, no points options now. It seems gone....

Anyone has the similar experiences?
Yes, numerous friends and colleagues of mine tried and everything December out through April were gone for points only stays. They've indicated hotel only offering cash and points: @$290 usd per night and 94,450pts for a five night stay example, only garden villas
Old Aug 3, 2016, 6:35 pm

Yes, numerous friends and colleagues of mine tried and everything December out through April were gone for points only stays. They've indicated hotel only offering cash and points: @$290 usd per night and 94,450pts for a five night stay example, only garden villas
I just tried to book for next June and was also told $290/night and 78,000 pts for 5 nights for a garden villa. I was told all but 4 of the OWB were already booked, which seemed odd for the offseason, even with the amazing rates.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by ATL_Terp05
I just tried to book for next June and was also told $290/night and 78,000 pts for 5 nights for a garden villa. I was told all but 4 of the OWB were already booked, which seemed odd for the offseason, even with the amazing rates.
I was told the same thing. I was about 5 days from getting my 130K points
Old Aug 3, 2016, 9:19 pm
kkl

yup seems all points redemption is gone. only p/c
Old Aug 3, 2016, 9:21 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
So... anyone there in December? I guess this is the time where we cross-reference dates and say hi, hah.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 9:32 pm
kkl

got off phone to spg. they pulled all award redemptions for re-evaluation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.