Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

[PREOPENING] Excited for upcoming St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Archived]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREOPENING] Excited for upcoming St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Archived]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2016, 7:36 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by kkl
The inhouse res manager named Kiran?
Actually sorry, just rechecked my threads - not inhouse res, but a director of a department, a lady whose name begins with D. (prefer not to post pubilcly, who knows). Very friendly person, look forward to saying hello.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 8:01 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Platinum+Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Delta Plat, United Silver, AX Biz Cent
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
I'm there 13-18 Dec. Not the first, but one of the earlier ones, so you can bet on a trip report.
I'll be checking in on December 13 as well I guess we will share a seaplane!

Are you going to be staying in Male on December 12? My flights will require it.

This is my second time to Maldives (Conrad Rangali Island 3 years ago) -- last time required a night in Male too, and I stayed the Hotel Octave (which was decent for a single-night stay).

Yeah, a friend of mine notified me of this a month ago or so (THANK YOU FRIEND!!!!!!! I KNOW YOU ARE OUT THERE READING THIS!!!!!! :P ), and I originally even had to talk to the in-house reservations manager, but in the end, she told me to book through SPG, which I did. And then the blogs killed it, as usual.
It was going to eventually get killed anyway, almost certainly after the hotel actually opened their doors. I thank the blogs for posting about it, otherwise I wouldn't have booked it
Old Aug 4, 2016, 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by some dude
I'll be checking in on December 13 as well I guess we will share a seaplane!

Are you going to be staying in Male on December 12? My flights will require it.

This is my second time to Maldives (Conrad Rangali Island 3 years ago) -- last time required a night in Male too, and I stayed the Hotel Octave (which was decent for a single-night stay).

It was going to eventually get killed anyway, almost certainly after the hotel actually opened their doors. I thank the blogs for posting about it, otherwise I wouldn't have booked it
Haha cool, and here I was thinking nobody else would come that day and we'd get a private transfer

Staying in MLE the night before - Crystal Inn - seemed somewhat decent on various review sites and not expensive either (we come in from SIN on like the last flight. Let me guess - same plane? )
Old Aug 4, 2016, 8:47 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Platinum+Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Delta Plat, United Silver, AX Biz Cent
Haha cool, and here I was thinking nobody else would come that day and we'd get a private transfer

Staying in MLE the night before - Crystal Inn - seemed somewhat decent on various review sites and not expensive either (we come in from SIN on like the last flight. Let me guess - same plane? )

SQ452? Yup.

I'll have to check out Crystal Inn, haven't booked that one-night stay yet.

Edited to add: Hotel Octave has airport pick-up and drop-off included in the rate. Crystal Inn suggests that you either take a bus or a taxi -- From what I remember, it was a little crazy by the ferry terminal, and the Octave's airport-to-ferry-to-car-to-hotel service was *very* helpful. Octave is $140 including breakfast and transport to/from airport.

Last edited by some dude; Aug 4, 2016 at 8:56 pm
Old Aug 4, 2016, 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by some dude
SQ452? Yup.

I'll have to check out Crystal Inn, haven't booked that one-night stay yet.

Edited to add: Hotel Octave has airport pick-up and drop-off included in the rate. Crystal Inn suggests that you either take a bus or a taxi -- From what I remember, it was a little crazy by the ferry terminal, and the Octave's airport-to-ferry-to-car-to-hotel service was *very* helpful. Octave is $140 including breakfast and transport to/from airport.
Haha, I guess we'll hang out on the plane too. Wait ... I meant Crystal Beach In and they said they have pickup included! Drop off is not needed as STR will pick you up.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 9:08 pm
kkl

Haha, I guess we'll hang out on the plane too. Wait ... I meant Crystal Beach In and they said they have pickup included! Drop off is not needed as STR will pick you up.
Does STR pick u up from MLE for the seaplane transport? As they are asking about flight details beforehand etc
Old Aug 4, 2016, 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by kkl
Does STR pick u up from MLE for the seaplane transport? As they are asking about flight details beforehand etc
Yes, they did say they can arrange that.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 10:36 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum Ambassador
Yes, they did say they can arrange that.
I hope they have a lounge at the airport like the W has.

When I asked Kiran about the difference between the St. Regis OWV Suite and the Sunset OWV, they made it sound like the Sunset OWV was nicer... Even though the Suite is 100 sq. meters larger and was at least 15K more points per night.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 10:38 pm

Originally Posted by Ants1

When I asked Kiran about the difference between the St. Regis OWV Suite and the Sunset OWV, they made it sound like the Sunset OWV was nicer... Even though the Suite is 100 sq. meters larger and was at least 15K more points per night.
I'd kill for sunset views.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 11:49 pm
kkl

Did you speak to Kiran by phone or email?
Old Aug 5, 2016, 12:08 am

Originally Posted by kkl
Did you speak to Kiran by phone or email?
Good point-- email. I'd call if I didn't have to pay long distance. They really need to have toll free customer service agents that know the property inside and out. These guys are super slow on their emails.

They're probably bombarded, but I've been waiting 3 days to hear back from the butler e-mail handle. C'mon.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 12:18 am
kkl

Good point-- email. I'd call if I didn't have to pay long distance. They really need to have toll free customer service agents that know the property inside and out. These guys are super slow on their emails.

They're probably bombarded, but I've been waiting 3 days to hear back from the butler e-mail handle. C'mon.
I'm also waiting to hear back from Kiran. Hopefully doesn't take too long
Old Aug 5, 2016, 8:06 am

Special thanks to Wasim at the StR Vommuli for providing a map. Check out the below image he forwarded to me from the Front Office:

http://i1159.photobucket.com/albums/...pscqvowmnj.png

Some notes:

-St. Regis Overwater Suites: So these suites do actually look larger now that we know which OWVs they are. Look at the aerial map below, though. This must have been shot before the final 3 StR Overwater Suites were built. Comparing the aerial map below to the StR map above shows that 3 StR Overwater Suites are missing. What do you guys think?

-How about those Garden Villas! They truly are the most secluded and separated villas on the island. I should have booked more than one night in one!

-The beach villas look relatively small, looking at the StR map (I don't think these are actually drawn to scale, but it would be interesting to know). I think the bathrooms at the Beach Villas, along with the oceanfront view, are what will make these villas great.

-Knickerbocker Villa? Cesar Balsa Villa? These are news to me.

http://i1159.photobucket.com/albums/...pszkp534dm.png

Wasim also provided some good information on Starpoint "instant rewards". Summary: can use points for food, beverages, and spa packages. Cannot use points for water activities as they are managed by a 3rd party. A bit of a bummer that they won't be offering water activities through this avenue. For those that have used points for spas or food/beverages at high end SPG resorts, what has the redemption cost been? I'm assuming that they will offer something like 3 drinks/day for 10K points, or a couples massage for 50K points. Am I far off?

See below for the StR's official response regarding instant rewards:

St. Regis Vommuli Front Desk Management:
As we are finalizing all the activities and are in the process of pricing the activities,i will able able to provide these details in coming few weeks.However i am afraid that waterspotrts and dive activities will not be paid by Starpoints as it is run by a third party company and on the other hand you will be able to pay food,beverage and Spa charges with starpoints.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 9:10 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond. SPG Plat. Marriott Plat.
Feb 10-17th. Hope to see some of you there

Also booked a week in November I will be canceling most likely
Old Aug 5, 2016, 9:22 am

I just called again for availability, it's 90k/nt for OWV now. No other room type available. Looks like they figured out what they want to charge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.