Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

[PREOPENING] Excited for upcoming St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Archived]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREOPENING] Excited for upcoming St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Archived]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2016, 9:37 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, AA 2.0 MM, DL Plat, Hertz Plat, LY Gold
Great find. Just booked 6 nights in Feb. in an Overwater Bungalow w a pool for 160k
Old Jul 27, 2016, 3:44 am

Programs: AA EXP,SPG 75
Are these points bookings being done on the phone or on the web?
Old Jul 27, 2016, 6:03 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, AA 2.0 MM, DL Plat, Hertz Plat, LY Gold
Originally Posted by YouGeeElWhy
Are these points bookings being done on the phone or on the web?
Phone

Doesn't show up online
Old Jul 27, 2016, 10:32 am

I was able to do it via chat, but nothing showed up online.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 1:08 pm

I'm planning a stay for 5 nights mid February 2017. I'm currently booked for an award stay at Park Hyatt with $500/nt (after taxes) upgrade to OWV. That's $2500 for the stay. But I have Hyatt Diamond, which gives me breakfast (adds up for 2 people). I'm only SPG Gold; will I have to pay for breakfast or of pocket if I book OWV on points?
Old Jul 27, 2016, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I'm planning a stay for 5 nights mid February 2017. I'm currently booked for an award stay at Park Hyatt with $500/nt (after taxes) upgrade to OWV. That's $2500 for the stay. But I have Hyatt Diamond, which gives me breakfast (adds up for 2 people). I'm only SPG Gold; will I have to pay for breakfast or of pocket if I book OWV on points?
Either way I would book now and decide later. But even if you pay for breakfast you wont have to pay for the 500/Night OWV upgrade because you can confirm in one for 130K points. So it seems like you would save more by paying for breakfast here and not paying 500/night to upgrade to a OWV.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by beastieb
Either way I would book now and decide later. But even if you pay for breakfast you wont have to pay for the 500/Night OWV upgrade because you can confirm in one for 130K points. So it seems like you would save more by paying for breakfast here and not paying 500/night to upgrade to a OWV.
I don't have enough points yet. After pooling with my wife, I'm about 20k short for 5 nights so I would have to buy those for $500-700 (depending on whether there's a sale). For me to book StR, I would have to be fully committed to it.

Interestingly, the paid rate for all the rooms includes breakfast by default. Could this mean breakfast is included in the award rate as well?
Old Jul 27, 2016, 3:27 pm

I don't have enough points yet. After pooling with my wife, I'm about 20k short for 5 nights so I would have to buy those for $500-700 (depending on whether there's a sale). For me to book StR, I would have to be fully committed to it.

Interestingly, the paid rate for all the rooms includes breakfast by default. Could this mean breakfast is included in the award rate as well?

With the W being 90K a night, this lower point rate is likely a special opening offer rate so who knows how long they will let people book at this rate. Also, their special opening cash rate, which is a 20% discount does not seem to include breakfast, so I doubt the award night would... at least at the lower rate. As far as committing to buying the points thats all up to you and unfortunately the sale on points ended a few weeks ago.

*edit - confirmed, no breakfast included on award.

Last edited by beastieb; Jul 27, 2016 at 3:35 pm
Old Jul 27, 2016, 4:23 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.77MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by beastieb
For 130K you could have an over water.

I just canceled my park hyatt maldives booking to this for 32500 a night for an overwater villa. First off, I am confirmed in an overwater with out having to pay an upgrade like I would have at the Park Hyatt. Also, the hotel is only 1 45 min seaplane away from Male, while the Park Hyatt is a plane ride plus a boat ride. This helps us maximize our time in the Maldives after the rest of our honeymoon touring japan/singapore. Also, if I'm not mistaken ALL rooms here have their own pools.

So excited.

thanks everyone for all the info. I had a reminder to check back for points on this property late August but glad I stumbled on all this now.
Basically just did the exact same thing.

Also got quoted 300k for a 5-night stay in the Sunset Overwater Villa, for those who may find that info useful.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 4:38 pm

Programs: AA CK / Marriott Worthless Ambassador
Any sense why the Beach Villas are more expensive than Regular Overwater? I was told I could use SNAs to upgrade from Overwater to a Beach Villa?
Old Jul 27, 2016, 6:56 pm

I'm still trying to decide if the StRegis will be better than Park Hyatt. If the IC Bora Bora Thalasso is any indication, I imagine the coral will be less developed than at PH. For me, there's the breakfast thing. But I think it's a better value than PH. And the thing that I like the most is that it's only a 45 min seaplane ride away so my incoming morning flight into MLE (arrival 11:45 AM) can turn into an arrival before 3 PM. For the PH, I'll probably arrive at 7 PM. Do we have any details on the rooms for the OWV at the StR? I haven't seen any info on room size, etc. The website shows the amenities and equipment, but also states that not everything is in every room.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 7:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AS MVPG, SPG PLAT 100
Maldives is not a place where I'd want to stay at a brand new resort with new staff and facilities. Way too far to go to be a beta tester -- and pretty much every resort in Maldives has had growing pains when first opened. Give it a year folks and wait for things to fall into place.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 7:54 pm

I'm still trying to decide if the StRegis will be better than Park Hyatt. If the IC Bora Bora Thalasso is any indication, I imagine the coral will be less developed than at PH. For me, there's the breakfast thing. But I think it's a better value than PH. And the thing that I like the most is that it's only a 45 min seaplane ride away so my incoming morning flight into MLE (arrival 11:45 AM) can turn into an arrival before 3 PM. For the PH, I'll probably arrive at 7 PM. Do we have any details on the rooms for the OWV at the StR? I haven't seen any info on room size, etc. The website shows the amenities and equipment, but also states that not everything is in every room.
The overwater villa being a lower category than the beach villa is very strange. Expect to pay 120/day for breakfast. Doesn't PH Maldives have afternoon tea and snack for Diamond? So about $150/day.

Difference is $350 for overwater villa. How much points do you have to buy? If you are going to pay another $1000 for spg points, it is not worth it anymore.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 8:37 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
if only i have enough points, i will book an OW villa at the SR immediately.

PH is very nice too, but it takes much longer journey to get there.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by 5DMarkIIguy
The overwater villa being a lower category than the beach villa is very strange. Expect to pay 120/day for breakfast. Doesn't PH Maldives have afternoon tea and snack for Diamond? So about $150/day.

Difference is $350 for overwater villa. How much points do you have to buy? If you are going to pay another $1000 for spg points, it is not worth it anymore.
You think StR will charge $60/day for breakfast per person?? If so, I'll pass.
Yeah, PH does give evening cocktail and a nice tray of snacks for Diamond members, and 20% off drinks after 7 PM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.