Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Best Hotels to use the SPG50 (50% OFF Rack Rate Certificate)...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 28, 2015, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
Terms and Conditions
  • 50% Off Award is subject to availability; advance reservations required. Callers must advise they are using a 50% Off Award and request Rate Plan ID: SPG50 when making reservations. The number and type of rooms offered may be limited and black-out dates may apply. 50% Off Award may not apply to suites at all hotels.
  • 50% Off Award is valid for a maximum of up to five consecutive nights at SPG50 participating hotels worldwide. Using the 50% Off Award for less than five nights, forfeits any unused nights, and the 50% Off Award is no longer valid for use in connection with any other stay.
  • Most, but not all, Starwood Preferred Guest participating hotels participate in the 50% Off Award. 50% Off Awards are NOT valid in Hawaii or at the Bahrain Sheraton Hotel.
  • At Sheraton Vacation Resorts and Westin Vacation Resorts, the 50% Off Award length of stay requirements may vary. Please call for specific requirements. However, only one certificate is required regardless of how many nights a guest is eligible to stay at Vacation Resorts.
  • 50% Off Award is valid on regular (RACK) room rates based upon availability of the SPG50 Rate Plan.
  • 50% Off Award may not be applied toward service charges, room tax, food and beverages, parking, gratuities, gift shop purchases, or other incidental charges and taxes.
  • Starwood Preferred Guest Members are eligible to receive Starpoints for the paid portion of the stay only. Starpoints cannot be earned on any paid portion of the SPG50 Rate Plan at Sheraton Vacation Resorts or Westin Vacation Resorts.
  • 50% Off Award reservations are commissionable to Travel Agents.
  • Standard Guarantee and Deposit Policy applies and varies by hotel.
  • 50% Off Award is not combinable with other room or rate promotional discounts or special programs, including Upgrade Certificates.
  • 50% off Award is good for only one room during the stay.
  • 50% Off Award has no cash value.
Print Wikipost

Best Hotels to use the SPG50 (50% OFF Rack Rate Certificate)...

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2008, 2:51 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
St Regis, Aspen

Just booked 5 nights in ski season at the St Regis, Aspen. I didn't find any rates much below rack (which start at USD465) on the website, so the 50% off is by far the most attractive rate.

Incidentally, the 50%-off rate was not available when I initially tried a couple of months ago, so it seems patience and perseverence can pay dividends.

Plat concierge who assisted with my booking was the best agent I have ever dealt with. ^
Old Feb 15, 2008, 9:54 pm

Rack Rate

How do you find out the "rack rate" everyone refers to for a specific hotel?
Old Feb 15, 2008, 10:50 pm

Programs: United 1K 2MM / Marriott LTP
Originally Posted by minnow
How do you find out the "rack rate" everyone refers to for a specific hotel?
If you sort the rates from high to low it should give you the rack rate when searching as long as you have entered dates.
Old Feb 15, 2008, 11:22 pm
formerly known as daveland

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by kluau88
If you sort the rates from high to low it should give you the rack rate when searching as long as you have entered dates.
Sometimes yes, sometimes no.
Old Feb 16, 2008, 6:50 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Originally Posted by kluau88
Sometimes yes, usually no.

(No need to give high expectations.)

minnow, in most cases, you have to call SPG.
Old Feb 28, 2008, 4:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: SPG Plat, HH Gold, United MP Premier, Alaska Air, BA, Qantas, ANZ
Do 50% Rack Rates qualify as stays?
Old Feb 28, 2008, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by adventurous
Yes. d
Old Feb 28, 2008, 4:59 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by slippahs
Yes. d
Hmm. I could have sworn I just answered this...different thread maybe?

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Feb 28, 2008, 4:59 pm

Programs: AC, AA, SPG
Yes adventurous as per "The SPG Forum FAQ & Primary Resource Thread".

http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=667952
Old Feb 28, 2008, 5:13 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by danwhy
Yes adventurous as per "The SPG Forum FAQ & Primary Resource Thread".

http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=667952
Thanks--I didn't know about that thread. I had spent about 15 minutes searching on Everything you wanted to know about status at SPG
Old Feb 28, 2008, 5:23 pm

Programs: AC, AA, SPG
Thanks--I didn't know about that thread. I had spent about 15 minutes searching on Everything you wanted to know about status at SPG
Haha, I've done that myself a few times! The more you look at the FAQ categories though the more you come to appreciate how much great knowledge is on this forum.
Old Feb 28, 2008, 9:25 pm

Programs: AGR WOH
Originally Posted by sc flier
Sometimes yes, usually no.
I've only seen it on the website in near-sold-out conditions, when all promo rates (and there seem to always be more) are long gone.

Speaking of which, my first use of an SPG50 is coming up: Austin during SXSW. Apparently, SPG50s are capacity restricted but not un-usably so.
Old Feb 28, 2008, 10:59 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by PremEx
Even though by using them, it may only bring your bottom-line room rate near to what you could already get on the web without using them at all...
Should I take this to mean that I cannot use the recently-acquired 50% off cert. for a reservation that I already have?

For instance, I have a reservation at a hotel that has no more vacancies--so the certificate is pretty much useless in this case as I understand now.
Old Feb 29, 2008, 9:12 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Should I take this to mean that I cannot use the recently-acquired 50% off cert. for a reservation that I already have?

For instance, I have a reservation at a hotel that has no more vacancies--so the certificate is pretty much useless in this case as I understand now.
Correct. SPG50 has limited vailability, and not all hotels offer them either. The fact that the hotel in question is already sold out means that it is impossible to change your reservation to SPG50.
Old Feb 29, 2008, 10:25 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by CIT85
Correct. SPG50 has limited vailability, and not all hotels offer them either. The fact that the hotel in question is already sold out means that it is impossible to change your reservation to SPG50.
Oh well.

Then this thread takes on new significance for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.