Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Best Hotels to use the SPG50 (50% OFF Rack Rate Certificate)...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 28, 2015, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
Terms and Conditions
  • 50% Off Award is subject to availability; advance reservations required. Callers must advise they are using a 50% Off Award and request Rate Plan ID: SPG50 when making reservations. The number and type of rooms offered may be limited and black-out dates may apply. 50% Off Award may not apply to suites at all hotels.
  • 50% Off Award is valid for a maximum of up to five consecutive nights at SPG50 participating hotels worldwide. Using the 50% Off Award for less than five nights, forfeits any unused nights, and the 50% Off Award is no longer valid for use in connection with any other stay.
  • Most, but not all, Starwood Preferred Guest participating hotels participate in the 50% Off Award. 50% Off Awards are NOT valid in Hawaii or at the Bahrain Sheraton Hotel.
  • At Sheraton Vacation Resorts and Westin Vacation Resorts, the 50% Off Award length of stay requirements may vary. Please call for specific requirements. However, only one certificate is required regardless of how many nights a guest is eligible to stay at Vacation Resorts.
  • 50% Off Award is valid on regular (RACK) room rates based upon availability of the SPG50 Rate Plan.
  • 50% Off Award may not be applied toward service charges, room tax, food and beverages, parking, gratuities, gift shop purchases, or other incidental charges and taxes.
  • Starwood Preferred Guest Members are eligible to receive Starpoints for the paid portion of the stay only. Starpoints cannot be earned on any paid portion of the SPG50 Rate Plan at Sheraton Vacation Resorts or Westin Vacation Resorts.
  • 50% Off Award reservations are commissionable to Travel Agents.
  • Standard Guarantee and Deposit Policy applies and varies by hotel.
  • 50% Off Award is not combinable with other room or rate promotional discounts or special programs, including Upgrade Certificates.
  • 50% off Award is good for only one room during the stay.
  • 50% Off Award has no cash value.
Print Wikipost

Best Hotels to use the SPG50 (50% OFF Rack Rate Certificate)...

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2007, 2:28 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by PhilH
Thanks William. Does that mean that they might activate it at a later date? I'm thinking about staying in March 2008, or are there effective "blackout" dates when the SPG50 is not valid?
Always a possibility, but I don't know when the effective dates would be. Right now the rate plan is only extended through December 30, 2007, so it is impossible to know at this point whether this time frame will be blacked out or not.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Sep 6, 2007, 8:59 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Hi William;

I'm unofficial amateur travel agent for a close friend who is having their honeymoon next May (2008). Any idea when SPG50 might open up for June 2008?
Old Sep 6, 2007, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by beachfan
Hi William;

I'm unofficial amateur travel agent for a close friend who is having their honeymoon next May (2008). Any idea when SPG50 might open up for June 2008?
I think William is "out" until September 10 or so. However, I can tell you that I recently booked an SPG50 for March at a London hotel (Sheraton Belgravia), so at least some hotels have SPG50 loaded for 2008 stays.
Old Dec 19, 2007, 3:14 pm

Programs: Starwood Platinum, Marriott, Hertz #1 Club
There is still some value with the SPG50

I don't mean to drag up an old post, but I had basically written off the usefulness of the SPG50 certificates. I was pleasantly surprised that I am saving about $60 a night at the Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit in Bangkok in December. While these certificates are not often useful, I almost did not attempt the previously routine calls that always seemed to end in failure.

It is especially nice that this stay will be my 25th (or more accurately, my 24/25th using double stays) so I was going to pay whatever it cost.
Old Dec 19, 2007, 5:19 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, *wood Platinum, Hertz President's Circle, A|Club Platinum, Avis President's Club
SPG50 is usually excellent at ST.REGIS SAN FRANCISCO

SPG50 is usually excellent at ST.REGIS SAN FRANCISCO. I always use mine there. And they are very generous with their Gold and Plat upgrades.
Old Dec 19, 2007, 5:41 pm
Community Director Emerita

I'm saving 40 pds/night at Le Meridien Piccadilly, London.
Old Dec 19, 2007, 7:01 pm

I'm saving £49 per night using an SPG50 at Sheraton Belgravia in London. Sure beats a poke in the eye!
Old Dec 19, 2007, 7:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: *wood gold, HHonors silver, United Premier
A majority of the time when I call Starwood the SPG 50 rate is higher than the internet rate. I began believing that the SPG 50 coupons best use would be to wipe my ... with however last time I called I saved a bunch at the Sheraton on Tverskaya. Moscow hotels generally have outlandish prices so it was a good time for it to come in handy.
Old Dec 19, 2007, 10:48 pm

Programs: IC Royal Ambassador, SPG Platinum, HH Gold, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum
Looking at a rack rate of 470 euro + taxes for week long stay in Seychelles as I have found a great flight from Nairobi just before New Year.

While I have tried using the search function, I cannot find information on how to get and use SPG50, which if accepted, would save a lot.

Would appreciate any contructive feedback, particularly in relation to whether the tab that includes the SPG50 must have a tick for the dates in questions to be used, and whether I need physical certs in hand (a little difficult to arrange at this stage as I am already in Africa).

Thanks for your feedback.
Old Dec 19, 2007, 10:56 pm

It's doubtful it'll be available, it rarely is when you need it and even then they often make up a rack rate that is higher than the rack rate available online.

However you can call them and check availability. If there is availability, you can just redeem 1000 pts and get an "e-SPG50%" redeemed and you don't need a physical cert in hand..............^ Good luck, you'll certainly need it if trying to redeem one of these certs...................as another poster mentioned, they have a value just slightly higher than toilet paper.
Old Dec 20, 2007, 9:11 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Le Royal Meridien Shanghai

I almost never use SPG50 since it's tough to get a reasonable rate.

I just made a reservation at Le Royal Meridien Shanghai using SPG50 for a rate of 1250 RMB, Sunday to Tuesday, while the lowest rate on spg.com was 1575 RMB prepaid.^ But SPG50 rates are not available for Seoul.
Old Dec 29, 2007, 6:50 pm

You will LOVE the Hotel Cipriani! Have a great time... it is truly like a fairytale
Old Jan 6, 2008, 10:57 am

Programs: LH*G, FB*G, IC *free minibar*, SLH, RC 5C-Club, LHW, and a lot of others
hi,

I want to use a SPG50 coupon at the st regis in rome. I checked the rates on spg.com and only found "best available rate: 500 EURO"; but I could not find any rack rate. So will I get 50 per cent off of 500 EURO? What will I pay for the night?

thx
Old Jan 6, 2008, 11:49 am
iwc

Originally Posted by flo_147
hi,

I want to use a SPG50 coupon at the st regis in rome. I checked the rates on spg.com and only found "best available rate: 500 EURO"; but I could not find any rack rate. So will I get 50 per cent off of 500 EURO? What will I pay for the night?

thx
Call your local Starwood Customer Contact Center, they can check availability and if available quote the SPG 50 Rate Plan.

As has been stated previously, it is not viewable online and may or may not be 50% of the Rack Rate listed.
Old Jan 6, 2008, 12:06 pm
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
I'm curious about the new St. Regis in Singapore too. They say this hotels doesn't participate in the SPG50 rate... lowest rate is $680S the days I check.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.