Wiki Posts
Search

Surprise for staying at all 9 spg brands

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2013, 6:21 pm
cxn

Originally Posted by seanc724
I didn't even think about all cats. i won't get a 1 or a 7 :/
I was able to hit all continents where *wood has a hotel.
Old Nov 26, 2013, 6:30 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by cxn
I was able to hit all continents where *wood has a hotel.
I hope you remembered that the continents promo requires paying by credit card and consenting to Dynamic Currency Conversion. And it's only available to accounts registered in Greater China and Iceland (however, you have until November 30th to move).
Old Nov 28, 2013, 2:29 am

Programs: M&M FQT, BA G, Bonvoy LTT, WoH GLOB

Once done don't forget to submit your claim on Feb 29 but only if it's a full moon.
Old Nov 28, 2013, 6:54 pm

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, Delta PM, *wood Ambassador Plat, Marriott Self-Imposed Exile
the hubby and i are going to spend a night in luxurious Lexington, MA to check out the Element there to knock out our ninth for the year... the rate is low enough that i wont be too disappointed if they dont repeat the gift.
Old Nov 28, 2013, 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by boston aa flyer
the hubby and i are going to spend a night in luxurious Lexington, MA to check out the Element there to knock out our ninth for the year... the rate is low enough that i wont be too disappointed if they dont repeat the gift.
That's exactly what we did over July 4th this summer in our effort to knock out the last brand. Even if there is no Easter Egg this year, it was a fun quest and the Lexington, Mass. Element wasn't bad at all and is very conveniently located to the parks/historic sites
Old Nov 28, 2013, 9:26 pm

Programs: MR LT Titanium, SPG LT Plat & Plat 100, SWA A+ & CP
I actually like the Element in Lexington. Rooms are nice and the free breakfast is very good. Great egg white burrito. It will be a good one for your 9th stay.
Old Dec 7, 2013, 10:38 pm

Programs: SPG Plt, HH D, IHG PA
FYI, folks. Somebody who has already hit nice brands this year made an attempt to try to ask for this "surprise", however was told by SPG csr that there will be NO "Easter Egg" this year.
Old Dec 7, 2013, 11:15 pm

Location: x-17 yr AC*SE100 1MM, now E50 Gold :(, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Fairmont Platinum, HH Gold, Marriott Plat, Yadayadayada
Originally Posted by seanc724
I only have St Regis left which I will get in Bangkok over Christmas. I don't plan on them doing it again but it sure would be nice...
I'm in same boat. Have hit 8 so far this year and will hit the St Regis BKK next week which will get me 9/9. It will also be my 140th night of the year so I don't think I will be doing that many nights again for the next few years. Hope they make a decision to recognize it next spring but if not, it was fun to get the full range of Starwood experiences at least once in my travel career.

Happy flyin'...
Old Dec 8, 2013, 5:12 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Plat, Centurion, too many airlines
Have stayed at multiples of every brand... No gifts this year it looks like. But they sent me two Kate Spade bags so I felt plenty of love from SPG.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 5:22 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
With Le Meridien Bangkok that made all 9 for me. No biggie that I don't get a "prize" - it was quite fun trying them all out.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 9:50 am

Programs: UA*S, A3*G, HHonors Diamond, SPG Platinum, Hertz Five Star Gold
Stay at all Brands Promo?

Hey,

I remember reading about a (unannounced) promotion in past years where SPG send free night certs to SPG members that were able to stay at all brands within the previous year.

Any word about a similar promotion being offered again for 2013/2014?

Thanks!
Old Jan 14, 2014, 10:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
There has never been anything official regarding this, and I don't expect there ever will be.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 10:03 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by flyer387
Hey,

I remember reading about a (unannounced) promotion in past years where SPG send free night certs to SPG members that were able to stay at all brands within the previous year.

Any word about a similar promotion being offered again for 2013/2014?

Thanks!
Promotion? Or surprise? I found this using the search function

Is this what you're referring to?
Old Jan 14, 2014, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It was a surprise, not a promo.

Will you be surprised in 2014? Who knows.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 1:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Talking

Originally Posted by TerryK
It was a surprise, not a promo.

Will you be surprised in 2014? Who knows.
LMAO! Good one!^^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.