Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Surprise for staying at all 9 spg brands

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2014, 5:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by fryguy89
Well, I just completed staying at all 9 brands again this year (hit for the cycle again). Don't know if there will be any special surprise or not
Maybe if you do it nine years in a row...
Old Aug 14, 2014, 8:03 pm

Programs: Liftime Titanium Elite Marriott
My guess is that most of us are missing that one stay at an Elements property. I was wondering if any of you have gone out of your way to stay at an Elements property to round out the nine?
Old Aug 14, 2014, 8:38 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by tfong007
My guess is that most of us are missing that one stay at an Elements property. I was wondering if any of you have gone out of your way to stay at an Elements property to round out the nine?
Yes. We spent some time in New York last year. The Element "in" Times Square is a dump, iyam.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 9:31 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
First Element in Asia will open in May 2015 in Suzhou, Jiangsu, China. Looking forward to complete my 9th brand by then.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 9:43 pm

Haha, looks like I'm not the only one. Yes I did a night at Element Times Sq this year - I wouldn't call it a dump - but I wouldn't go out of my way again too
Old Aug 15, 2014, 12:43 am

Programs: AMEX Plat / AY Plat, BA GGL-CCR / Bonvoy Titanium (LTP)
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Maybe this year they'll be a special gift for making Plat by only staying at only one brand.
Almost did this at W. Until got stranded at Heathrow and did not feel the additional transit was worth it - stayed at the Sheraton...
Old Aug 15, 2014, 4:08 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Accor Plat, Dynasty Flyer Gold, Etihad Guest Gold
In order to get this surprise do i need to stay all 9 brands within a calendar year?
Old Aug 15, 2014, 4:56 am
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
there is no guaranteed gift for staying at all 9 brands
Old Aug 15, 2014, 5:29 am

Programs: SPG Plat; OneWorld Emerald; *A Gold
First time seeing this, looks awesome! Going to struggle to stay at a four points or an elements though
Old Aug 15, 2014, 5:50 am

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by cooliomonkey
In order to get this surprise do i need to stay all 9 brands within a calendar year?
In order to get a surprise, you need to be unaware of it first.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 6:02 am
BTA

Programs: Fly: AA EXP UA Gold MM Stay: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat Drive: Avis PC, Hertz PC
Keep in mind, this was a one time surprise benefit for stays at all 9 brands in 2012. It has not been repeated since. Maybe it will, but I doubt it.

At least the Element portfolio is growing, with the property near Frankfurt airport opening soon as well as the Element in Suzhou next year.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 7:10 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83
In order to get a surprise, you need to be unaware of it first.
The surprise is that you now have to stay at Starwood's '10th' brand in order to receive the gift ....
Old Aug 15, 2014, 7:26 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
The surprise is that you now have to stay at Starwood's '10th' brand in order to receive the gift ....

Originally Posted by fryguy89
Well, I just completed staying at all 9 brands again this year (hit for the cycle again). Don't know if there will be any special surprise or not but I do like the fun/challenge of trying to accomplish it each year.

We will see.
Did you get anything for 2013? I am not sure if it will be repeated as it seems to have been a one time event. It was a nice surprise for those who did it in 2012!
Old Aug 15, 2014, 7:46 am

Programs: M&M FQT, BA G, Bonvoy LTT, WoH GLOB
Surprise for staying at all 9 spg brands

Since I am missing Aloft, 4P, and Element slim chances for a reward are not enough to have me try...
Old Sep 14, 2014, 8:05 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, SPG Platinum
Just missing St. Regis and W. Think it's worth going for?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.