Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Surprise for staying at all 9 spg brands

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2013, 10:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dudie0
....Imagine if an airline did something to recognize if you had flown every single route they have. Thoughts?
That will be tough as most airlines have more than 9 routes.

UA did have a promo in the 90s for flying UA to all 50 states, not all the routes. You just need to land on all 50 states on UA.
Old Sep 10, 2013, 12:00 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hilton Gold, RA, QF Gold, UA 1K
I finished all 9 brands as well I hope they do run that promotion again.

I have another Element stay in NYC coming up in Jan.... May hit Aloft in ORD airport.... St Regis in Osaka.... ummmm.... shame there are only 3 brands in Australia :S
Old Sep 12, 2013, 6:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA S, AA G; AS G; DL | SPG P50, M G, CC G, IHG P, HLT S | Hertz PC, Avis F
Originally Posted by TerryK
That will be tough as most airlines have more than 9 routes.

UA did have a promo in the 90s for flying UA to all 50 states, not all the routes. You just need to land on all 50 states on UA.
I've flown all PMUA flights over 7,000 miles; all UA intra-Asian routes except HKG-SGN, which hopefully will be flown soon. I hope I can be rewarded in some form
Old Oct 25, 2013, 7:54 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Tit, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold, Carlson Gold, UA*S,
I had stayed at 8 brands - but then the Sheraton Delfina (which was a Sheraton when I stayed there) changed to a Le Meridien... and my stay record now states me as having stayed at Le Meridien Delfina!

Would you still aim to stay at another Le Meridien or just embrace the new name change as proof you have still stayed there?
Old Oct 25, 2013, 6:14 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Plat; no plans for chasing any more airline status.
Still in 2013?

I stayed in each of the nine brands by July 1st and was wondering what the chances are of my being involved in some "secret" promo this year. Anyone hear any chatter? Anything being done?
Old Oct 25, 2013, 8:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
IIRC it was last year, for staying in all nine brands in a single year.

I've stayed in all nine brands lifetime: FourPoints, element, aloft, W, Sheraton, Westin, LM (and LRM), StRegis, and LC (although I've never stayed in Sheraton Suites). No gift for me.
Old Oct 25, 2013, 8:55 pm
cxn

I will hit all 9 brands by the end of the year.

I to am also a bit upset of them reclassifying my 50 W Newark Stays as ALOFT stays for my 'lifetime' status.

1300 - Aloft Silicon Valley 50
Old Nov 25, 2013, 9:48 pm

I'm on schedule to hit all 9 brands this year, but my Aloft stay will be on 12/31. I wonder if that will count or not. Of course all this is speculation for if they do that excellent promo or not. The funny thing is the only property I had to go out of my way for is Element which as many has mentioned is quite frustrating as there are none outside of NA.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 11:23 pm

Programs: AA LTP 2MM, Marriott/SPG Rabid Plat w/Ambassador, HHonors Gold
I couldn't resist. I went out of my way to do this, even though there is absolutely no indication that they'll run the promo again, and I hate Alofts. It's just too cool to not do.
Old Nov 26, 2013, 5:45 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond AA Platinum
Originally Posted by sent
Imagine if this was a promotion, SPG Bingo or SPG Tic-Tac-Toe. There would be threads about the strategies for mattress runs to figure out how to hit each brand. Heck, I bet there would still be mattress running if the prize was even just the chocolate box.

I have never stayed in an Element so I am automatically disqualified, but I think last year we didn't stay in a Westin or an aloft either.

I'm glad you confirmed the chocolates are all different. What a neat little reward.
This would actually be a wonderful promotion and one that would make us try hard to make it happen.

Stay in each brand and earn points or a free night.
Its the creativity that is lacking with many of the promotions and instead its as if they look at what will make a better banner ad with a catchy title than the substance inside the promotion.

If they did this, I am pretty sure we would hit them all. The fun of it in general would be unique.
Old Nov 26, 2013, 5:54 am

Programs: MR LT Titanium, SPG LT Plat & Plat 100, SWA A+ & CP
Funny... I have stayed at all brands this year already and went out of my way to do it. My concern is that my line FP stays are at a FP that left SPG in June. I may go out of my way to stay at another FP but the trend of the year.
Old Nov 26, 2013, 7:50 am

Programs: AA EXP, Starwood Lifetime Plat (now Marriott Lifetime Titanium), Avis President's Club
I only have St Regis left which I will get in Bangkok over Christmas. I don't plan on them doing it again but it sure would be nice...
Old Nov 26, 2013, 9:44 am
cxn

For this year they might say, everyone who has stayed in all categories. For me, I can't find a CAT 1 which makes sense without going way out of my way. I will hit all 9 but not all categories!
Old Nov 26, 2013, 2:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Starwood Lifetime Plat (now Marriott Lifetime Titanium), Avis President's Club
I didn't even think about all cats. i won't get a 1 or a 7 :/
Old Nov 26, 2013, 5:43 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by seanc724
I didn't even think about all cats. i won't get a 1 or a 7 :/
It wouldn't matter anyway, because the upcoming promo only gives you the free nights if you alternate paid and award stays - Cat 1 paid, Cat 2 award, etc. And Cat 7 has to be C&P.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.