Surprise for staying at all 9 spg brands

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2013, 2:45 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
This isn't a benefit, it's an Easter egg. Very cool ^
Old Apr 1, 2013, 3:11 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Plat
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
If this random way of running loyalty benefits and promos were such a good idea, why is only Starwood going down this path?
You forget Hyatt's year-end gift of 50K UA miles to select Diamond elites last year. At least in SPG's case, the qualification criteria are clear.

I think this is a great gesture overall! ^
Old Apr 1, 2013, 9:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Oh... didn't realize that they were chocolates initially...
Old Apr 2, 2013, 1:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
If this random way of running loyalty benefits and promos were such a good idea, why is only Starwood going down this path?
because starwood is probably the only program that gives away these random gifts along with their regular published promos & benefits....
Old Apr 2, 2013, 1:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Quasiconvexity
You forget Hyatt's year-end gift of 50K UA miles to select Diamond elites last year. At least in SPG's case, the qualification criteria are clear.

I think this is a great gesture overall! ^
i agree....i think its a great gesture as well....i remember a few years ago when hilton first devaluated their points, they gave away a free night to some diamond members but not to all....that didn't make sense....atleast starwood is giving away the free nights to all members that hit the 9 brands....
Old Apr 2, 2013, 1:23 am

Programs: SPG(LTG), QANTAS gold, Korean, Accor Plat
Unfortunately Elements only seem to be located in the US. Makes it difficult for some of us to achieve this.
Old Apr 2, 2013, 3:44 am

Programs: A3*G, UA PP, MR LTTE, was HH/D now Gold
@those of you got this gift: did only payed nights counted or also reward nights
Old Apr 2, 2013, 4:52 am
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
Originally Posted by Kenji
@those of you got this gift: did only payed nights counted or also reward nights
IIRC at St Regis I had points and cash and one points redemption. All other brands paid as straight cash.
Old Apr 2, 2013, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by margarita girl
Curious how 1 night at Aloft and 1 night at Element would have brought in a lot more revenue since this promo generated 3 free nights at up to cat 6.
Then SPG should not have given out 3 free nights to anyone to save revenue. It was neither promised nor advertised.@:-)

I thought the point is to get members to try out all brands. You never know, I may actually like Aloft or Element.
Old Apr 2, 2013, 7:47 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Great surprise!! I missed out Le Meridien and St. Regis last year.

On a side note, Element Dallas was the only property last year where they recognized the Ambassador status at the front desk, as opposed to the standard Platinum membership greeting. They also sell Texan cabernet in the lobby shop - that was interesting.
Old Apr 2, 2013, 8:53 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, MR LTP, others from cards
Nice touch SPG. Thinking back, I've never been in an Element and I think last year I also missed Luxury Collection. I may also have avoided Aloft.

The number of people who hit all 9 is probably quite small. That suggests an interesting point: without FT and similar sites SPG probably wouldn't bother with this kind of thing as word would not spread far enough to justify the effort. Thanks to these networks it can count on a much larger number of people find out, and maybe even making a few extra bookings in case it is repeated.
Old Apr 2, 2013, 9:51 am

Programs: Marriott & SPG Plat, HH Diamond, Accor Plat, ex-Fairmont Plat, ex-Swissotel Eleva
Fun Awards: Why not consider making it an established annual target?

I thought fun awards are interesting, but it should be made into an established annual target. This drives revenue for different Starwood properties.

Besides the 9 different brands, different Starwood regions can set targets like how many cities in the region to visit to hit an established target for fun awards (i.e. hitting target of 10 different cities in AsiaPac = 1 free night in AsiaPac region etc), or major cities that has multiple Starwood hotels (min. 3 different brands in same city? - so if Starwood is under represented in a major city, we can make some noise too - like Tokyo), can set a target to SPG members to visit all the different brands in the city. (i.e. one free night in Taipei after visiting all different brands in Taipei.)

All these can be sub-awards and fun things for SPG followers to do while they pursue their necessary stays to renew their elite status.

Hope Starwood Marketing considers coming up more of such fun awards, and we can see if we can adjust our stay patterns to bring us to interesting places that we may otherwise miss without the incentive by Starwood.
Old Apr 2, 2013, 1:28 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium -> United Silver
Originally Posted by ZenWorld
I thought fun awards are interesting, but it should be made into an established annual target. This drives revenue for different Starwood properties.
I think by doing this, you're going to have several FT folks stay at all 9 in 2013, hoping for the surprise. That they gave this generous bonus will already result in extra stays this year, without actually having to give away the rooms for this milestone ever again. Making the formal announcement could result in a less desirable outcome for SPG; those people who are one brand short can stay one night and get three free nights.
Old Apr 2, 2013, 2:43 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
OK, here's another Easter egg / benefit suggestion - award people who've stayed in properties in every continent. Or every country. SPG could partner with Delta to do a MR+MR!

Old Apr 2, 2013, 4:32 pm
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Originally Posted by remymartin
This isn't a benefit, it's an Easter egg. Very cool ^
+1, I've been getting Easter eggs in the form of cupcakes, gummy bears, (mostly) fresh fruits and beers/wines throughout most of my stays in 2013. Clearly, the marketing is working. Whilst I did not receive three nights, the excellent treatment hasn't gone unnoticed, as I went out of my way to give SPG more business. They still have a long way to go to recover from BedBugGate 2012, but my experiences have mostly been positive. Had a great time at Cubs Spring Training via SPG Moments. Actually looking forward to what surprises may be in store for us at St. Regis Bora Bora. Also, crossing the LT Gold mark should be interesting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.