Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Surprise for staying at all 9 spg brands

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2015, 10:29 am

Programs: Marriott BONVOY PLAT Lifetime PLATINUM, 16 years elite; AA 2MM LTPlat, UA, US, DL
I have still heard nothing. What a disappointment if there is nothing, added to the nothing for elite requal. I have spent a fortune remaining platinum after the travel requirements for my business died in 2010, and before that I usually subsidized the (hampton) allowance and drove miles out of the way to keep in spg brands. Nearing lifetime plat status, I remember the dangled carrots in former years and the joy of the process. Good for SPG that hotel occupancy is up, but darn they should have some marketing guru thinking up ways to reward loyalty for those doggedly loyal outside the corporate 75+ superstars.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 4:18 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, Marriott
Ta-da!!

Old Jan 15, 2015, 4:49 pm

So no free stays this year? I'm actually hoping I didn't miss out. I was only missing an Element in 2014 and I have one nearby that I could have used. Now I don't feel so bad about not knowing about this promo.

In 2015 I've only got W, St. Regis, and Luxury Collection left, and it's only January.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 6:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Starwood Plat, Star G, HH Diamond, Hertz 5*
Bummer

I've stayed at all 9 as of 2014 and have not received anything. Total Bummer
Old Jan 15, 2015, 8:06 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by SFOisHome
I've stayed at all 9 as of 2014 and have not received anything. Total Bummer
The one time they did this was in 2012 as a surprise. Nothing was given in 2013 or 2014. There was a formal promotion in 2014 for SPG members with addresses in China called the "Great Eight Challenge" and that is the recent activity bumping this thread.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 10:26 pm

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
Originally Posted by LISAA
I have still heard nothing. What a disappointment if there is nothing, added to the nothing for elite requal. I have spent a fortune remaining platinum after the travel requirements for my business died in 2010, and before that I usually subsidized the (hampton) allowance and drove miles out of the way to keep in spg brands. Nearing lifetime plat status, I remember the dangled carrots in former years and the joy of the process. Good for SPG that hotel occupancy is up, but darn they should have some marketing guru thinking up ways to reward loyalty for those doggedly loyal outside the corporate 75+ superstars.
You might read your signature line. The one about enjoying the scenery.
I did the nine during 2013 Guess what?....nothing. It's about the journey, not spending $5,000 for a potential $5 prize at the end. Like you, I'm not sucking off some expense account.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 11:19 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Ex-UA-1K
Got the Rubik's cube today. It's a cute little trinket. Sure, the treats aren't as tasty as years past but I enjoyed completing this challenge and appreciate that they try to create a little bit of fun for members versus most of the other chains.
Old Jun 1, 2015, 1:51 am

Programs: M&M FQT, BA G, Bonvoy LTT, WoH GLOB
Wondering whether there may be a hidden 'all 10 brands' promo this year ? I have 7 in my pocket, but would need to go out of my way to cover Aloft, Element and W...
Old Jun 1, 2015, 8:19 am

Programs: US CP, AA Plat, DL Silver, EY Gold, Kimpton IC, SPG Plat
I'm fairly certain I stayed at all 9 last year but received nothing. Maybe they don't count award or C+P...

Anyone willing to sell their cube? I'm a bit of a cube fanatic!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.