Wiki Posts
Search

Surprise for staying at all 9 spg brands

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2013, 2:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: jetblue mosaic, spg plat/ambassador, UA GS, AA EXP
Surprise for staying at all 9 spg brands

I came home with a fedex from SPG today with a surprise... chocolates for recognizing that I stay in all 9 properties

But then i read the card... and they gave me three free nights to boot! woot!
Old Mar 29, 2013, 3:02 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, AAdvantage
Well the important question here is how tasty are the chocolates? Is it a different flavor for each brand?
Old Mar 29, 2013, 3:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: jetblue mosaic, spg plat/ambassador, UA GS, AA EXP
Originally Posted by sent
Well the important question here is how tasty are the chocolates? Is it a different flavor for each brand?
yup, each one has a different chocolate type. they're pretty good --- from astorchocolate.com
Old Mar 29, 2013, 3:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt DM, SPG GLD, Hertz 5*, AMEX PLT, GE
These are the kind of little touches that really make a program stand out. Good on SPG.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 3:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K - 2mm, AA Platinum- 2mm, Starwood Lifetime Platinum (Ambassador)
Originally Posted by cleanfloor
I came home with a fedex from SPG today with a surprise... chocolates for recognizing that I stay in all 9 properties

But then i read the card... and they gave me three free nights to boot! woot!
Over what period of time did you stay at all nine types? I'm sure I have in the past 12 months and haven't seen this yet....
Old Mar 29, 2013, 3:45 pm

Programs: AA LTP 2.1MM; SPG Platinum
That is really nice!

Awesome! As I am closing in on that tic-tac-toe board of properties this year, can I ask - was there was a certain period of time that your stays were within, that you think made you eligible?
Old Mar 29, 2013, 3:59 pm
Suspended

Really nice touch by SPG. You just don't see that kind of stuff too often anymore.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 4:02 pm

Programs: DL Plat, 1 MM; SPG LT Plat (RIP); Marriott LT Titanium; Fairmont Plat (RIP), DL Kryptonium Medallion
Interesting.
I have already stayed in a St. Regis this year, along with the more usual brands. It may be worth filling up the bingo card this year.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by Barton Cove
Awesome! As I am closing in on that tic-tac-toe board of properties this year, can I ask - was there was a certain period of time that your stays were within, that you think made you eligible?
I think the note says "last year", so I assume it's a calendar year. I ws going to start hunting for an Element property until I saw that.

Nice touch, SPG.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 4:48 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, AAdvantage
Imagine if this was a promotion, SPG Bingo or SPG Tic-Tac-Toe. There would be threads about the strategies for mattress runs to figure out how to hit each brand. Heck, I bet there would still be mattress running if the prize was even just the chocolate box.

I have never stayed in an Element so I am automatically disqualified, but I think last year we didn't stay in a Westin or an aloft either.

I'm glad you confirmed the chocolates are all different. What a neat little reward.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 5:17 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Mystery solved...the free nights have been in my account for most of this week---but did not know what they could be used for--now I know Glad I was able to make it to all nine brands last year.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 5:27 pm

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Wow, that is awesome. Bummed here, though. There is usually never an Element where I go, and with 115 nights last year I have hit every other brand.

Crazy part is I had an Element reservation in 2012, but it was in NYC and I was to check-in the day Hurricane Sandy hit and everything got cancelled. Talk about timing...
Old Mar 29, 2013, 6:27 pm

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,
The chocolates are quite a cool and unique way to reward loyalty. Good job SPG! ^ I missed out on chocolates as I didn't stay at an Element or St. Regis last year. Only 7 out of 9!

I too think it would be a cool promotion if the rewards increase if you stay at different brands throughout the promotion.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 6:29 pm

Programs: SPG platinum; UA plus member; Delta Member; HHornors Gold, Priority Club Platinum
Surprise for staying at all 9 properties

Is this for sure or is this just spg randomly select people? Because i have hit all properties besides st Regis this year.

Also, do they wait until the end of the year to send you the gift or do they send it right after you hit all 9?
Old Mar 29, 2013, 6:54 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
It was for 2012 and unfortunately missing one brand means not making it to all 9.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.