Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Changes to SPG Cash & Points - effective March 05, 2013

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Changes to SPG Cash & Points - effective March 05, 2013

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2013, 11:57 am

Programs: AA PLT / MR LTPP 1/1/19 / Hilton Diamond
No C+P for Sheraton Taipei for the remainder of the year. Interesting...
Old Feb 9, 2013, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
If I book a hotel today and need to change dates later, will I need to pay the difference in points and dollars, or will it stay?
if you change after march 5th then you will have to pay the difference....
Old Feb 9, 2013, 12:11 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by Keyser
if you change after march 5th then you will have to pay the difference....
Doh. This is definitive? What if my plans change... seems a little bit unfair, as I am absolutely certain I'm going, just don't know which day of the week since flights are too far out ... harumph.
Old Feb 9, 2013, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Doh. This is definitive? What if my plans change... seems a little bit unfair, as I am absolutely certain I'm going, just don't know which day of the week since flights are too far out ... harumph.
they do the same thing every year during the hotel category changes....you are given a grace period to book at the old rates but if you change after the grace period then you have to pay the difference....
Old Feb 9, 2013, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by Keyser
they do the same thing every year during the hotel category changes....you are given a grace period to book at the old rates but if you change after the grace period then you have to pay the difference....
Rats.

Oh well, so much for that idea. Thanks.
Old Feb 9, 2013, 2:39 pm

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Rats.

Oh well, so much for that idea. Thanks.
So book each night that you might be there as separate reservations, then cancel the ones you don't need when you have the specific dates.
Old Feb 9, 2013, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by Out of my Element
So book each night that you might be there as separate reservations, then cancel the ones you don't need when you have the specific dates.
This works for when the calendar covers the dates you want (good idea, though). When the calendar doesn't quite reach, it's a whole other story...
Old Feb 9, 2013, 6:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It also seems sometime C&P is not available some some single nights - must bundle with others for availability to show....
Old Feb 11, 2013, 12:11 pm

Programs: SPG Plat/Hyatt Plat/DL/AmexPlat/CO
What C&P? Virtually every property I look at it says C&P not available for my dates. Very frustrating...........I will sometimes e-mail the GM and they will get it for me but still aggravating to say the least.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 4:13 pm

Programs: Marriott + Hilton. Fly BA and AZ
Exclamation REMEMBER

Last chance saloon to book at "old" cash and points prices:-:@:-)
Old Mar 2, 2013, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by terminalfive
Last chance saloon to book at "old" cash and points prices:-:@:-)
Thanks for posting this - allowed me to make a bunch of speculative bookings. Of course, now having an issue dealing with all that.
Old Mar 2, 2013, 12:20 pm

Programs: LFFRS BOD
Can someone help and explain the chart for me? I am looking at a Category 2 hotel that presently has a rate of 4k pts but no cash & points. I am short of 1k pts to book this costing me $35.
I don't get the chart where it says Cat 2 hotels 2,000 pts + $35

http://www.spgpromos.com/cashandpoin...Chng_PROMOTION
Old Mar 2, 2013, 12:32 pm

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by duranza
Can someone help and explain the chart for me? I am looking at a Category 2 hotel that presently has a rate of 4k pts but no cash & points. I am short of 1k pts to book this costing me $35.
I don't get the chart where it says Cat 2 hotels 2,000 pts + $35

http://www.spgpromos.com/cashandpoin...Chng_PROMOTION
I don't know what you don't understand exactly but presently until March 5 you can get the cash and points at 1600 plus 30 bucks until the new 2k and 35 kicks in.
Old Mar 2, 2013, 1:41 pm

Programs: LFFRS BOD
I went online and had a chat with an agent.. I guess the part I was missing was the fact that I was not seeing 1600 + cash option on the property and date I had selected.
Guess it really doesn't matter since I would need to spend $30 or $35 for the additional 1k pts I need ( although with the 1600 rate I would still have some points left) hard to believe there aren't any C&P dates onward from April..
Do they release them by month?

Last edited by duranza; Mar 2, 2013 at 1:53 pm
Old Mar 2, 2013, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by duranza
I went online and had a chat with an agent.. I guess the part I was missing was the fact that I was not seeing 1600 + cash option on the property and date I had selected.
Guess it really doesn't matter since I would need to spend $30 or $35 for the additional 1k pts I need ( although with the 1600 rate I would still have some points left) hard to believe there aren't any C&P dates onward from April..
Do they release them by month?
Depends on the property. I am having no issues finding C&P for the dates I want. I even found it for March 4th!

Cheers,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.