Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Discussion: 10 Suite Night Awards (SNAs) for Plats with 50 nights in calendar year

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2014, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
Print Wikipost

Discussion: 10 Suite Night Awards (SNAs) for Plats with 50 nights in calendar year

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2012, 2:47 pm

So with 100 nights...

do you get additional suite night awards when you hit 100 nights/ year?
Old Nov 12, 2012, 3:17 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Club Carlson Concierge, Hilton Honors Gold, Air Berlin Gold, Lufthansa FT
Originally Posted by drizzt81
do you get additional suite night awards when you hit 100 nights/ year?
You don't... but I think they really should introduce this, would be a great incentive to aim for the hundreds club, as not all people use their ambassador a lot (for various reasons). Also could keep you pushing after you have the 100 if 150 would get you another 10 Suite Nights.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
FWIW I recently used 5 SNA's on an award stay and was upgraded to a suite that goes for over $2000 per night. So needless to say I'm very happy with the upgrade and the fact that it confirmed 5 days in advance.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 4:11 pm

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by stimpy
FWIW I recently used 5 SNA's on an award stay and was upgraded to a suite that goes for over $2000 per night. So needless to say I'm very happy with the upgrade and the fact that it confirmed 5 days in advance.
Out of curiosity where was this and what suite did you get?
Old Nov 12, 2012, 4:13 pm

Programs: ua 1k, hh diamond, spg PLT, marriott PLT
Is there a list of properties that do not participate (don't have eligible rooms) in Suite Nights? Just tried using them at the W DC and was told they can't be requested at this hotel, which seems very strange to me.

Thanks!
Old Nov 12, 2012, 4:41 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
I hope to reach the 50 nights this year - looking forward to trying this out and reporting back next year.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 6:05 pm

Programs: ua 1k, hh diamond, spg PLT, marriott PLT
Originally Posted by playbbg
Is there a list of properties that do not participate (don't have eligible rooms) in Suite Nights? Just tried using them at the W DC and was told they can't be requested at this hotel, which seems very strange to me.

Thanks!
An update on this... I called the PLT desk because my Ambassador is out for the week and was told that the reason I am not allowed to apply suite nights is because their inventory for these upgrades is taken. However, this is for a reservation for next June and there are many Fabulous Suites and Marvelous Suites available (just tried to book 5 of each and was allowed). Are they allowed to block our upgrade inventory?

I smell serious shenanigans. Whats the point of having these suite nights if they can't be used???
Old Nov 12, 2012, 6:23 pm

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by playbbg
An update on this... I called the PLT desk because my Ambassador is out for the week and was told that the reason I am not allowed to apply suite nights is because their inventory for these upgrades is taken. However, this is for a reservation for next June and there are many Fabulous Suites and Marvelous Suites available (just tried to book 5 of each and was allowed). Are they allowed to block our upgrade inventory?

I smell serious shenanigans. Whats the point of having these suite nights if they can't be used???
That doesn't seem accurate although I might be wrong. I've had the option to upgrade even though there were no availability. The request would've been denied in my case.

In my experience if the option is not there then the hotel/resort is not participating or the system is not configured for 2013 yet.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 10:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by schley
Out of curiosity where was this and what suite did you get?
Grande Bretagne in Athens and it was a deluxe suite.

To add a bit more detail, if the suite hadn't confirmed 5 days in advance I probably would have switched to the Intercontinental where I am sure I would have gotten a suite upgrade. I preferred the GB location, but as there were 5 of us I really needed to have a suite.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 2:18 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by asnesne
You don't... but I think they really should introduce this, would be a great incentive to aim for the hundreds club, as not all people use their ambassador a lot (for various reasons). Also could keep you pushing after you have the 100 if 150 would get you another 10 Suite Nights.
i'm sure if enough people suggest this loud enough, starwood will get it. yeah, it sucks to get only 10 suite night when i stay 200 nights in a hotel a year. basically i lose incentive after 100 nights, and when there's no starwood promotion, i go to marriott to get their free nights/megabonus.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 5:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by 3piggy
i'm sure if enough people suggest this loud enough, starwood will get it. yeah, it sucks to get only 10 suite night when i stay 200 nights in a hotel a year. basically i lose incentive after 100 nights, and when there's no starwood promotion, i go to marriott to get their free nights/megabonus.
i never quite understood this....i don't lose incentive after crossing a particular milestone each year....i keep to my normal stay pattern to enjoy the benefits i've earned....

last year i had close to 200 hotel nights spread out across a bunch of different programs & my stay pattern didn't change after i had achieved top status at a particular program....i just continued to stay at whichever property was most convenient for me in terms of price, location, service, etc....

i guess to each their own....
Old Nov 13, 2012, 7:32 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by Keyser
i never quite understood this....i don't lose incentive after crossing a particular milestone each year....i keep to my normal stay pattern to enjoy the benefits i've earned....
I'm almost the same. I do find that I stay at Starwood more often because of all of the benefits. Having already re-qualified for Platinum, and then some, I had to choose a few weeks ago between an aging Sheraton or a brand new DoubleTree in KL and I chose the Sheraton knowing that the DoubleTree was really much nicer. My reward was a being upgraded to a really fabulous suite. So my decisions are impacted but generally the driver of my maintaining status is to enjoy the benefits during my staus, not to see if I can get even more.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 7:51 am
Suspended

At 50 nights, 20% of my nights are in a confirmed suite with 10 SNA.

Since I am hitting 100 nights, only 10% of my stays will be in a confirmed suite with the same 10 SNA.

Doesn't sound right
Old Nov 13, 2012, 9:12 am

Programs: BA Silver, AA Life Gold 1 MM, Flying Blue Silver, Marriott Life Plt, Hilton Gld
Just made it to spg plat. over the weekend for the first time ever and noticed the 10 SNA in my account.
I have reservations for nov 23-25 during the US thanksgiving ,at the W Leicester sq for a wonderful room which is now sold out. Spectacular room and above seem to be still available. SNA is offering cool comer room or studio suite which is about
Has anyone stayed at the W who can recommend? Should I submit the request with the SNA or hope for an upgrade during check in?
Old Nov 13, 2012, 5:08 pm

Programs: UA GS/2MM, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by mario33
At 50 nights, 20% of my nights are in a confirmed suite with 10 SNA.

Since I am hitting 100 nights, only 10% of my stays will be in a confirmed suite with the same 10 SNA.

Doesn't sound right
Agreed - it really seems like this is an opportunity for *wood to use a graduated benefit to incent further business, beyond 50 nights (e.g. a further 5 SNAs for every additional 25 nights, etc.). Maybe they're just using this year to baseline the impact (cost, etc.) and will then look to introduce enhancements?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.