Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

PROMO: Every Night Counts (2X or 3X points) Sept 8 - Dec 15 2010

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PROMO: Every Night Counts (2X or 3X points) Sept 8 - Dec 15 2010

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2010, 6:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
OK, I know all programs have a few marquee properties that "do things differently". Frankly, Marriott's exclusion lists are far more impacting to me than Starwood's, as anything they arbitrarily decide to label as a "resort" gets to operate by totally different rules - all of which are adversarial to the customer.

But seriously...it seems like your basic Alofts, Sheratons, and Four Points should be playing ball with systemwide promotions. Is it really in Starwood's interest to require guests to cross-reference a huge list of properties before booking a stay? I mean, if I'm doing a generic suburban midscale stay in a normal American property, I should have some level of expectation that it's not an "exempt" property, right? (Obviously *not* right... )
Old Aug 21, 2010, 3:56 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by lambrettaStarr
SPG needs a customer advisory board. stat. the promos are getting worse and worse. ambassador program is the only thing keeping me on board now.
They have one. You just aren't a part of it. Then again, I'm neither on the board nor an Ambassador.
Old Aug 21, 2010, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Well this one will not convince me to move any business to Starwood. I have done my requalification nights and still have a few weekend nights to spend. I have six nights in Vancouver coming up (sadly no IC in town). The extra points I could get for shifting four extra nights from IC to Starwood are not worth the effort.
Old Aug 21, 2010, 4:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yosithezet
They have one. You just aren't a part of it. Then again, I'm neither on the board nor an Ambassador.
I am on that board, however, I am not a Starwoord Ambassador, but I have a Starwood Ambassdor. The Ambassador is the person taking care of your stays, not the customer.
Old Aug 21, 2010, 4:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Bonecrusher
Time for bed Mr VVS Laxman!
first tendulkar & now laxman....you will run out of cricketers soon with the amount you claim i apologise on behalf of starwood....
Old Aug 21, 2010, 4:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by vandalby
Currently staffed on an indefinitely long term project in the NYC area and all my major properties (Westin, W's) are not participating. As far as participating properties in NYC we have:

The Manhattan at Times Square - a complete and total dump
Four Points Sheraton Midtown - haven't stayed here, but only 250 Plat points and I typically view Four Points as less than full service
Four Points Sheraton Manhattan Chelsea - Only 2 suites, same problems as above, are the strikers out front finally gone (it's been a while since I was there)
Four Points Sheraton Manhattan Soho - same per Four Points as above
Aloft Harlem - Harlem! Yikes!
Sheraton Tribeca - this may be a viable option, but not opening until mid-November.
i feel your pain....i will have 2 trips to ny in october & none of the properties i regularly stay at are participating....
Old Aug 21, 2010, 7:10 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, Melia Platinum, SIXT Platinum, Accor Silver, Lufthansa FTL
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
So, for anyone who's counting, it appears Starwood has 1,028 properties. For this promo, 861 are participating and 167 are not. That's a participation rate of 84%.
That's true from a world-wide point of view, but looking at it from my German POV this promotion seriously sucks.

Only 10 out of 31 SPG properties in Germany are participating, which is just a participation rate of 32%. It seems that this is the downside of a booming economy
Old Aug 21, 2010, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by saad
first tendulkar & now laxman....you will run out of cricketers soon with the amount you claim i apologise on behalf of starwood....
Come on Mr Harbajahan ...don't spin this any more than you need to
Old Aug 21, 2010, 9:22 am

Welcome to FT, SunshineStay!

I'm one of the lucky ones... Most of my stays are likely to be eligible, so Starwood will get the business even though I've finished requal... But like everyone else I'll be checking the participating hotel list every time I book a stay... :-/
Old Aug 21, 2010, 9:32 am

Programs: AA 3MM EXP, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, Hyatt CC, Marriott LT Titanium
I have a 10 night stay that sort of stradles the start date.. September 3-13.. I wonder if the promotion will count all the nights, only count from 8-13, or none at all...
Old Aug 21, 2010, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SunshineStay
That's true from a world-wide point of view, but looking at it from my German POV this promotion seriously sucks.

Only 10 out of 31 SPG properties in Germany are participating, which is just a participation rate of 32%. It seems that this is the downside of a booming economy
It appears that the Arabella owned properties and the "Hilton" owned properties are out.
Old Aug 21, 2010, 10:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by tfung
I have a 10 night stay that sort of stradles the start date.. September 3-13.. I wonder if the promotion will count all the nights, only count from 8-13, or none at all...
Why wonder when the answer is spelled out in the FAQ?

https://www.spgpromos.com/everynight..._PROMOTION#q11
Old Aug 21, 2010, 12:06 pm

Programs: UA 1k, SPG Plat
Great Idea

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
It would be interesting to see which properties come up as non-participating on multiple lists. i.e., which ones never seem to offer promos.
If someone built a website that did this, I would use it to book my travel.

Even if the site just let me search locations and returned links to the spg pages that have the hotel listings that were valid for the current promotions.
Old Aug 21, 2010, 12:19 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
I am sympathetic to the complexity of the promo when so many aren't participating.

However, SPG is a loyalty program, not a "what will you do for me right now program". Feel free to go elsewhere, makes it easier for my suite upgrades.

Of which I have gotten many this year. Not to mention 4 free weekend nights and 30k each (spouse and I) for a new SPG card, basically for free. I also got points from the promos earlier in the year.

So count me as someone who is loyal.
Old Aug 21, 2010, 3:26 pm

Location: In between BRU, BSL , AOI and the rest of the world
Programs: BAEC Gold, LX Sen, HH Diamond, SPG Plat, MR Silver
Thumbs down disappointed

Not even bothering cherry picking, the vast majority of properties in the places I will stay till end of the year, is not participating !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.