Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

PROMO: Every Night Counts (2X or 3X points) Sept 8 - Dec 15 2010

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PROMO: Every Night Counts (2X or 3X points) Sept 8 - Dec 15 2010

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2010, 7:44 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
I assume this, plus Rewarding Returns, means no "stays count double" promo in 2010. If so, I probably won't be motivated to requalify for Plat.
Old Aug 19, 2010, 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by onfillmore
No WoW factor here.

I have just had a good look at the participating Hotels verses my trips for the promotion period.

NYC- my W's are out
Germany- most Hotels out including my fav , Westin Grand Munich and Sheraton Hannover
Australia-nothing in Sydney for my 5 dayer
Taiwan- very little offered

Sorry but I am underwhelmed , not with the promo but with the list of participating properties.
Such is life.
Originally Posted by Delightful Lady
+1
Well stated, glad to see I am not the only one underwhelmed!
Originally Posted by sbtinme
Agreed. I can't remember feeling so disappointed with a SPG promotion and it appears that this promotion, is, after all, the BIGGIE for the rest of the year.

My bottom line is that I'll continue to stay at SPG properties as I normally would, but this promotion in no way entices me to book even an extra night at a *wood hotel. Historically, SPG promotions have been so consistently rich that I would go well out of my way (to the point of inconvenience) to book *wood hotel stays during a great promotional campaign.

Like others, I guess I'm happy that SPG is at least offering something, so I'll take the extra points. But, this promo -- at least for me -- is so dry that it does nothing to get me to steer any more business towards *wood.

Color me surprised and a little let down.
You Guys have said it all.....this is very underwhelming...
Old Aug 19, 2010, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by fireworksboy
Well, the Sheraton in Bellevue, WA is participating. ^ Unfortunately it's the only SPG hotel in the State of Washington that IS participating.
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
But if you don't let the properties know why you're moving, they'll never change their behaviour.
Hmmm, since the Seattle Westin is not participating , and they are the official hotel for one night of the Star mega do, maybe we should take our business to the Sheraton in Bellevue???
Old Aug 19, 2010, 7:54 pm

So as a platinum member I already got 3 starpoints for every dollar spent - under this promo how many starpoints would I get for each dollar spent (assuming that I stayed the 10 nights)?
Old Aug 19, 2010, 7:57 pm

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
I was hoping for a double stay credit promo.
Old Aug 19, 2010, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Thanks William!^

I'll be racking up close to 15 stays during this time!
Old Aug 19, 2010, 8:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by cruiser9999
So as a platinum member I already got 3 starpoints for every dollar spent - under this promo how many starpoints would I get for each dollar spent (assuming that I stayed the 10 nights)?
As stated in the T&C, you end up with 5x on 1-9 nights, or 7x for 10+ nights. Only the base 2x is doubled or tripled.

Last edited by mahasamatman; Aug 19, 2010 at 8:26 pm Reason: Nights, not stays.
Old Aug 19, 2010, 8:23 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
As stated in the T&C, you end up with 5x on 1-9 stays ROOM NIGHTS*, or 7x for 10+ stays ROOM NIGHTS. Only the base 2x is doubled or tripled.
Your original statement was true only for those members whose stays are all only 1 night.

* For this promo, "Room Nights" are slightly different than "Nights." A member booking two rooms together on the same night will get two room night credits toward reaching the triple point threshold of 10 room nights. However, only 1 night credit will count toward elite status qualification.
Old Aug 19, 2010, 8:25 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by sc flier
Your original statement was true only for those members whose stays are all only 1 night.
Yes, you are correct. I'm just so used to talking in terms of stays...

Originally Posted by sc flier
For this promo, "Room Nights" are slightly different than "Nights."
And this is a huge win. (See post #11.)
Old Aug 19, 2010, 8:25 pm

Programs: LT NoN REV
Originally Posted by Bonecrusher
You Guys have said it all.....this is very underwhelming...
+1 no wow from spg.
i know that there's wow at hyatt with aa 3,000 miles per stay at the moment.
Old Aug 19, 2010, 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by dimmedlights
i know that there's wow at hyatt with aa 3,000 miles per stay at the moment.
For people who have Hyatts where they need to travel, and who care about AA miles, I could see that. But since neither one applies to me, I find Hyatt's promo a major yawn-fest.
Old Aug 19, 2010, 8:53 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Yes, you are correct. I'm just so used to talking in terms of stays...
I know. I wouldn't have said anything if I didn't think that there was a risk of anyone else getting confused by it.

And this is a huge win. (See post #11.)
I don't know about huge, but it's win nonetheless. It's good for those who were not going to book 10 individual nights of their own anyway but who have a reason to book multiple rooms. For the typical traveler, it's no advantage. It seems like a smart twist for the hotels to encourage families to book a second room with cash, though.

Number of Participating Hotels
I count 861 including 11 that are "Coming Soon."

Last edited by sc flier; Aug 19, 2010 at 9:05 pm
Old Aug 19, 2010, 8:55 pm

Programs: AA-P, B6, DL, SW, SPG_M-P, AGR-S+
I had been hoping the detective work was correct since I'll have a few longer stays coming up this fall. Unfortunately, they're all at Disney World and the Swan and Dolphin aren't participating. *sniff*
Old Aug 19, 2010, 9:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Um, get used to it. The hotel business is coming back. Given the increases in RevPAR, I think we are lucky to get a promo at all.

If you wonder why a hotel isnt participating, it is because they don't need to. No reason to pay for an SPG promotion if your Q4 bookings are solid. I'd assume that NYC must be looking pretty good!
Old Aug 19, 2010, 9:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Hmmm, since the Seattle Westin is not participating , and they are the official hotel for one night of the Star mega do, maybe we should take our business to the Sheraton in Bellevue???
Not unless you want to stay in boring Bellevue. In a dump.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.