Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

PROMO: Every Night Counts (2X or 3X points) Sept 8 - Dec 15 2010

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PROMO: Every Night Counts (2X or 3X points) Sept 8 - Dec 15 2010

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2010, 10:09 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, Avis First
I was ready to move into a Westin from Marriott for rest of the year for this promotion. Unfortunately, looks like the Westin is not in the list.
Old Aug 20, 2010, 10:15 am

Awesome promotion...already staying 9/6 to 9/16...then the following week...should get those 10 nights over pretty quickly.

For those complaining...are you serious? Its a promotion...they don't have to do anything at all...and if your hotel isn't in the opt-in list, complain to the hotel, not SPG
Old Aug 20, 2010, 10:16 am
Company Representative - Starwood
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
I've just added a list of non-participating properties to the first post.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Aug 20, 2010, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
thanks william....that's a pretty long list but still very helpful....
Old Aug 20, 2010, 10:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Thanks.

So, for anyone who's counting, it appears Starwood has 1,028 properties. For this promo, 861 are participating and 167 are not. That's a participation rate of 84%.

I find some entries on the non-participating list interesting - the Four Points Bay Bridge?
Old Aug 20, 2010, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by onfillmore
I believe Starwood are gambling that 4Q will be strong in North America.
When the cold sets in will the projections hold up in the Midwest?
Will occupancy rates remain strong in NYC with the recent rate rises?
I see another promo early November when the Revpar figures are rubbery and great uncertainty abounds.
I think you have nailed it....
Old Aug 20, 2010, 10:33 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Starwood-owned/leased properties

There has been a fair amount of discussion about the lack of participating properties for this promo. What strikes me as strange is that Starwood has a promo and does not have all their owned/leased properties participating.

In North America, neither the the St. Regis New York or the W New York - Times Square is participating.

Outside North America, Starwood-owned/leased properties not participating are the Sheraton Paris Airport Hotel Charles de Gaulle, Sheraton Lima Hotel, and Sheraton On The Park - Sydney.
Old Aug 20, 2010, 10:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
*shakes head at list of non-participating properties...*

Very strange indeed...

Just canceled a series of Aloft Plano stays and rebooked them as Aloft Frisco stays. Seems odd that the properties so near each other and similar in every way would use different financial models to determine whether this promotion makes business sense.

Frisco just picked up a few room-nights from me. I wonder if that tipped the scales?
Old Aug 20, 2010, 10:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SC Alum
Lurker: No Questions but a comment. Glad to see there is no more double stay nights Promo this year. ^ Or is it too early to make a conclusion?
Frankly, I have no idea.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Old Aug 20, 2010, 11:04 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by lax01
Awesome promotion...already staying 9/6 to 9/16...then the following week...should get those 10 nights over pretty quickly.

For those complaining...are you serious? Its a promotion...they don't have to do anything at all...and if your hotel isn't in the opt-in list, complain to the hotel, not SPG
I know plenty of people complaining , why simply cause they bet that 2x would be taking place again and felt why should they stay and get 1 Stay credit when they can save some nice $$$ and get 2x. I had 18 stays under FWN and even if I blow them at a local Sher or Westin I still will get the 500 pts Plat gift which will be more then what 2 or 3x will yield them

I think *W did good for now at least not offering 2x
Old Aug 20, 2010, 11:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Downunder girl
...Question for Lurkers: is this the only promo we should expect for the last quarter of the year?...
This is the only member-wide offer that will be available for the rest of the year. There may be other offers for a select group of members/guests, but this is it as far as a member-wide offer is concerned. I have no idea if Nights Count Double or Nights Advance will be repeated this year or not. No mention has been made of either offer in my communications with SPG.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Old Aug 20, 2010, 11:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LIH Prem
...Is the list correct?

Thanks,
David
The participation list is correct and I have posted a list of non-participating properties in the first post of this thread.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Old Aug 20, 2010, 11:13 am

Programs: A few
This is the only member-wide offer that will be available for the rest of the year. There may be other offers for a select group of members/guests, but this is it as far as a member-wide offer is concerned. I have no idea if Nights Count Double or Nights Advance will be repeated this year or not. No mention has been made of either offer in my communications with SPG.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Ha as a regular NY traveller and none of my usual haunts (LPM, WNY and WUS) all out I would not say this is a true member-wide offer in the first place
Old Aug 20, 2010, 11:14 am

Programs: SPG Gold, SQ Blue, OZ Diamond, JAVA and occasionally C
Originally Posted by tasnam
So if my Company has me booked (my SPG number entered, but their credit card) at a hotel, I am not going to earn the eligable nights required?

Tell me I am wrong please.....

Tasnam
I think as long as the corporate credit card has your name on in and you provide them your SGP number during check-in points will go into your account.
Old Aug 20, 2010, 11:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ma91pmh
Ha as a regular NY traveller and none of my usual haunts (LPM, WNY and WUS) all out I would not say this is a true member-wide offer in the first place
Member-wide = every SPG member has an opportunity to participate if they so choose...and there are other Starwood hotels in NYC participating if you so choose to use them.

Like every member-wide promotion that ever existed, the power to participate is in your hands.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]

Last edited by Starwood Lurker; Aug 20, 2010 at 12:03 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.