Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

PROMO: Every Night Counts (2X or 3X points) Sept 8 - Dec 15 2010

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PROMO: Every Night Counts (2X or 3X points) Sept 8 - Dec 15 2010

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2010, 1:21 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, JetBlue Mosaic, AA Platinum, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Vinodavid
If I stay 10 times at an average rate of $150 / night, this promo amounts to an extra 6k points.

I am not complaining, 6000 free points is better than a sharp stick in the eye, but I don't see this as an incentive to move stays with Hyatt offering 1000 - 2000 gx bonus points for most stays, at the hotels that I frequent, pre-Q4 program announcement.

Having re-qualified for SPG Plat in March, if Hyatt has a decent Q4 program, SPG may not see me until January.
I'm in the same boat. Re-qualified in March and now have 60 stays at *wood (almost 30 during the free weekends promo). With this offer (and all the excluded hotels), they will be my backup program now until 2011... It's too bad, but this promo is awful (by recent standards). It's one thing if the *wood hotels are near occupancy with a high avg. room rate, but I think we can guarantee this isn't the case. Hyatt here I come...
Old Aug 22, 2010, 6:27 am

Programs: Miles&More Senator , EX-SPG Platinum now Bonvoy LTP, IC Platinum , Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
First I thought - upps strange promo - then I thougth not too bad. But when I went through the list of participating hotel I'm just lucky that I only need 2 more stays to be requalified for Plat.

Almost all German hotels do not participate, the same in Australia, Switzerland and Austria.

Even if I would I could not participate.

I would say this is a good time then for ICH/PC they will get my stays until rest of the year.
Old Aug 22, 2010, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Bonecrusher
Come on Mr Harbajahan ...don't spin this any more than you need to
come on man....none of your posts have anything to do with the topic of this thread so i would suggest we get back to the topic in hand....

for most people this is probably spg's weakest promo this year....but i always prefer points based promos over free nights or double or advanced stays....

last year i couldn't use up all my free weekend nights & this year it looks like i will have to give up a couple as well....double stays don't help me since i qualify for plat very easily & the same goes for advanced stays....

points i can always use so any point based promo is always welcome....this promo works very well for me so before some people go around calling me a starwood apologist i would just like to point out that not all promos work for everyone....if you don't like it then you are more than welcome to go somewhere else....no one is forcing anyone to stay with any chain....
Old Aug 22, 2010, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by fred8ab

Almost all German hotels do not participate, the same in Australia, Switzerland and Austria.
Maybe a separate promo is in the works for the mainly German speaking block and as many people I meet when I am travelling often do, Starwood confused Australia for Austria
Old Aug 22, 2010, 10:04 am

Programs: UA 1K; SPG Plat; Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by 3544quebec
Maybe a separate promo is in the works for the mainly German speaking block and as many people I meet when I am travelling often do, Starwood confused Australia for Austria
Actually there is a separate EAME promo... No one has started a separate thread about it however:

http://www.earnyourdreams.com/?EM=SG..._plat_NWE_eame
Old Aug 22, 2010, 10:07 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by boifromtroy
Actually there is a separate EAME promo... No one has started a separate thread about it however:

Yes they have. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...ams-promo.html
Old Aug 22, 2010, 10:38 am

Location: In between BRU, BSL , AOI and the rest of the world
Programs: BAEC Gold, LX Sen, HH Diamond, SPG Plat, MR Silver
earnyourdreams

^

http://www.com/?EM=SGC_100_%20713607..._plat_NWE_eame
this one works well for me, at least for all (except one) my early September stays. ^
Old Aug 22, 2010, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Very weak general promo. Seems that SPG has used the marketing money this quarter for those members that carry Amex card:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...ted-promo.html

10K SPG points for every three stays or free weekend night? Sounds like a good promo for me.
Old Aug 22, 2010, 10:48 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by holtju2
Very weak general promo. Seems that SPG has used the marketing money this quarter for those members that carry Amex card:

10K SPG points for every three stays or free weekend night? Sounds like a good promo for me.
Only if you were part of the targeted audience. I carry an SPG Amex and use it regularly. I receive other SPG Amex promos and emails but did not receive this promo.
Old Aug 22, 2010, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by controller1
Only if you were part of the targeted audience. I carry an SPG Amex and use it regularly. I receive other SPG Amex promos and emails but did not receive this promo.
Absolutely and I wasn't targeted either.
Old Aug 22, 2010, 11:02 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic

Yes, someone has.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...ams-promo.html

It's not a promo for all paid reservations, though. It's a promo that offers additional points when you pay the specific designated rates offered on the promo page. Each offer is tied to booking with a specific SET code such as...
355781 = Double Starpoints on standard rooms
355783 = Triple Starpoints on select better rooms (Club, Deluxe, or etc.)
355784 = 3K Starpoints on suites
(Applicable room types vary per hotel.)

From the T&Cs:
"Double Starpoints will be awarded per paid eligible stay on rate code SETPKGBA, triple Starpoints will be awarded per paid eligible stay on rate code SETPKGBB and 3,000 Starpoints will be awarded per paid eligible stay on rate code SETPKGBC and will be awarded for room revenue only."
Old Aug 22, 2010, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by controller1
Ugh wish I'd caught this earlier
Old Aug 22, 2010, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by holtju2

this looks like a great promo....wish i was targeted....
Old Aug 22, 2010, 1:41 pm

If this promo is widely advertised to the general public, I think the list of non-participating properties is ridiculous and unacceptable. If this is a promo that you have to go out of your way to find out about, then it is more acceptable to me.

If SPG advertises this on their home page and in newspapers/magazines to the general public, touting double/triple points at SPG properties, then I think there is a reasonable expectation that SPG properties participate. Sure, the T&Cs allow that some properties do not participate, but I think a reasonable assumption is that those properties would be the resorts in Tahiti with bungalows over the water and the like. In the U.S., maybe the St. Regis NYC would fall into that category, but not the many, many "standard" Westins, Ws, and Sheratons that are currently on the non-participatory list.
Old Aug 22, 2010, 1:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by BizJet
If this promo is widely advertised to the general public, I think the list of non-participating properties is ridiculous and unacceptable.
The non-participating list is not published (other than here on FT).

Originally Posted by BizJet
If SPG advertises this on their home page and in newspapers/magazines to the general public, touting double/triple points at SPG properties, then I think there is a reasonable expectation that SPG properties participate.
The way they specifically advertise it is Nights can be accumulated across stays and members can earn at over 850 participating properties worldwide across all 9 hotel brands. If anyone has any expectations that this includes more than 851 properties, those are in the reader's imagination.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.