Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

PROMO: Every Night Counts (2X or 3X points) Sept 8 - Dec 15 2010

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PROMO: Every Night Counts (2X or 3X points) Sept 8 - Dec 15 2010

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2010, 9:39 am

Programs: Miles&More Senator , EX-SPG Platinum now Bonvoy LTP, IC Platinum , Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Don't blame Starwood. To paraphrase South Park: Bigger Longer & Uncut, Blame Germany!
Don't forget to blame Australia, Austria and Switzerland as well ...
Old Aug 27, 2010, 4:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA-EXP (3.3MM), AAirpass, SQ-PPS Solitaire, DL-PM (.777MM), SPG-Plat, HH-D
I just noticed this promo as was traveling but what's with the non-particpating hotels list? Its huge, and of course most of my stays will be at non-participating hotels...
Old Aug 27, 2010, 4:10 pm

cool, even 1 night will earn double points....
Old Aug 28, 2010, 12:14 am

Works for me!

I tend to stay in various hotels for not more than 1-2 nights. And then once in a while i say for 10 nights in one. The second always messed me up when they had the promo for stays. I like this one a lot! Its neutral!
Old Aug 28, 2010, 10:40 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, United Premierl Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Complain to the properties. They're the ones who decided not to participate.
Yes, but they should not have the right not to participate. They enjoy all of the benefits of Starwood, but often dont want to make the sacrifices.
Old Aug 28, 2010, 11:02 pm

Programs: UA G
Nice. All of the Dallas hotels opting in to this promo are >$140/night (weekend) whereas all the places I'm looking at are <$80.
Old Aug 28, 2010, 11:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by jottoson
Yes, but they should not have the right not to participate.
The contracts they've signed say they do. I'd rather have some properties opt out of some promos than only have 100 hotels in the Starwood system.
Old Aug 29, 2010, 3:21 am

Originally Posted by hhoope01
It worked for me just fine.

Do note that per the OP (and the link) you can't register for a while yet.
Yes, works for me know too. Only prob is that none of the four countries I regularky visit have anything listed!
Old Aug 29, 2010, 4:56 pm

Programs: BA Gold; AA Lfe Time PLT ; Marriott Titanium, LFT GLD
Originally Posted by psyflyer
I just noticed this promo as was traveling but what's with the non-particpating hotels list? Its huge, and of course most of my stays will be at non-participating hotels...
Whats worse for me is that my most expensive stays are non-participating. They are partipating in the other 3X promotion for Eurpean properties but you have to may bookings at specified rates. Even the price differential for 2X promotion rate is more expensive than I am prepared to pay for starpoints.
Old Aug 29, 2010, 8:45 pm

Programs: UA MM, MB LifeTit
I read the list several times and it seems that the Westin Melbourne isn't on it. So, what's wrong with this hotel? Are there giant rats running loose in the halls? Should I change to another hotel?
Old Aug 30, 2010, 1:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
The contracts they've signed say they do. I'd rather have some properties opt out of some promos than only have 100 hotels in the Starwood system.
i completely agree....
Old Aug 31, 2010, 10:43 pm

Programs: AA LTP, Bonvoy LTT,
IMO calling this promotion "Every Night Counts" is disingenuous and dishonest, as not every night actually counts when staying at a significant number of properties. This from a program meant to engender loyalty? Seems more like a breach of trust, exploiting the good faith of customers not diligent enough to audit the include/exclude list.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 11:19 pm

Programs: *wood & marriott plat, Hyatt, Accor
Don't know if this question has been asked sorry if it has.

I was wondering if the nights at the non participating props if it counts towards the 10 nights count? Non participating hotels will not give the 2x or 3x points, but does it count towards the nights count towards 10 nights or 3x points?
Old Sep 1, 2010, 2:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by Okijames
IMO calling this promotion "Every Night Counts" is disingenuous and dishonest, as not every night actually counts when staying at a significant number of properties. This from a program meant to engender loyalty? Seems more like a breach of trust, exploiting the good faith of customers not diligent enough to audit the include/exclude list.
This is far from the only promotion in which not every property participates. Every night counts at the participating properties, and there are lots of them. While I can understand feeling disappointed if this promotion doesn't work for you, calling it a "breach of trust" is a bit of an overreaction, IMO.
Old Sep 1, 2010, 3:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by SC Alum
Don't know if this question has been asked sorry if it has.

I was wondering if the nights at the non participating props if it counts towards the 10 nights count? Non participating hotels will not give the 2x or 3x points, but does it count towards the nights count towards 10 nights or 3x points?
that's a good question....the answer is probably 'no' but maybe one of the lurkers can comfirm this....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.