Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

SPG Amex 30'000 starpoints with $1000 spending

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SPG Amex 30'000 starpoints with $1000 spending

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2010, 9:03 am

I reached the spend on 8/16, still nothing posted. I haven't called or emailed because I assumed they would post eventually.

Let me see if I understand this correctly....if I don't call or email, the points will never be posted?? This sounds like a scam to me!!!!

I've been a Hilton Honors member and was considering a switch to SPG. After this scam, I don't think so....
Old Nov 28, 2010, 12:42 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, UA 1K, Avis PC
send a message through the website
Old Dec 7, 2010, 12:25 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Platinum
msg sent shortly after the spend, said 8-12 weeks. 12 weeks recently passed and of course, no points. sent a new msg today
Old Dec 7, 2010, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by jmw2323
msg sent shortly after the spend, said 8-12 weeks. 12 weeks recently passed and of course, no points. sent a new msg today
so i also got the regular BS answer they have been giving everyone. Said offer expired 7/6 and you applied 7/10. Since you are such a wonderful customer and member of the amex family, I have made the necessary arrangements to issue you the points.

we shall see
Old Dec 16, 2010, 6:04 pm

finally got the 30k
Old Dec 20, 2010, 12:58 am

What's with AMEX?!? It was my favorite card company until now, but I have to say that they've been nothing less than awful on this promo. Mr. honu is still missing the last 10000 points. First they promised to fix the problem, then they recanted based on some non-written rule about him having had the card and having received a 10000 points bonus (3 years ago). ...?!? Can they hold you to a rule they don't even bother to publish? He tried the social media inquiry, and he's getting different replies from different agents, but hasn't received the last 10000 points so far.
Old Jan 5, 2011, 1:10 pm

Unhappy Arrrgh

I too did the 30k SPG Amex card promotion.

I signed up, and was approved for, BOTH the personal and business cards.

later I noticed that only 30k posted to my account.. called AMEX and they said that the promotion is "one per customer".. i.e. the personal and business do not both qualify!

Has anyone heard of AMEX CC promotions working this way? My understanding has always been that personal and business are treated separately..

edit: I have never had an SPG Amex before either

Last edited by greattypo; Jan 5, 2011 at 1:22 pm Reason: adding info
Old Jan 6, 2011, 3:22 am

Originally Posted by greattypo
I too did the 30k SPG Amex card promotion.

I signed up, and was approved for, BOTH the personal and business cards.

later I noticed that only 30k posted to my account.. called AMEX and they said that the promotion is "one per customer".. i.e. the personal and business do not both qualify!

Has anyone heard of AMEX CC promotions working this way? My understanding has always been that personal and business are treated separately..

edit: I have never had an SPG Amex before either
You should be receiving another 30K. It's one bonus for each type of account. I guess the uptake on this promo must have been huge (I alone referred 4 people to the SPG Amex because of it), so it seems that Amex has been dragging its feet on the bonus payout. Keep pushing back when they say no; eventually they will post the points you are due. I have to say that the SPG Amex went from my favorite card to big hassle with this promo (I had a personal card for years, so I just applied for the biz card)... so much so that I don't know if I'll renew either one. Too bad because I always thought Amex's CS was second to none; now it seems almost as bad as BofA...
Old Jan 6, 2011, 5:35 pm

Any idea on when this promo will be back? I'm thinking of opening an AMEX SPG card but will hold out for this deal if it's around the corner...
Old May 25, 2011, 8:22 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by phatrabbitzz
Any idea on when this promo will be back? I'm thinking of opening an AMEX SPG card but will hold out for this deal if it's around the corner...
Bumped from a loooong time ago. I'm trying to plan out a churn, and am looking to get in on a SPG AmEx. Is there a typical time of year when they run this promo?

Also, does the SPG AmEx offer any sort of online shopping portal like Amex's MR BonusPointsMall, or is it all purely 1 starpoint for $1?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.