Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 11, 2022, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Long Train Runnin

Status Match Challenge

The Free Spirit Status Match Challenge is an opportunity for you to experience the most valuable benefits of the Free Spirit program. Show your loyalty to Spirit and immediately benefit from your Status levels. If you have elite status with another airline, we will give you the equivalent Free Spirit Status for ninety (90) days – complimentary. Plus, you many earn ongoing Free Spirit Silver or Gold status based on our Free Spirit page.

In three simple steps you could be on your way to enjoying Free Spirit Status.

1. Determine your eligibility
  • Must meet ALL the following criteria to participate in our Status Match Challenge:
    • You have not received a Status Match or complimentary Free Spirit Status in the past two years.
    • You currently have elite status with a qualifying airline that was earned through that airline’s published requirements (complimentary status or status earned through a promotion does not qualify)
    • Must present an approved proof of membership document confirming your elite status with an airline listed above.
    • Use the Status Comparison chart to see what airline levels are required for the Status Match Challenge.
2. Click here to complete the form and upload your documents.
  • If you met all the criteria listed above, call our Contact Center team at 1-833-728-3359, or fill out the form here to be enrolled in the Status Match Challenge.
  • Make sure you’re ready to begin the challenge before you submit your request as your ninety-day complimentary Status period will begin within 24 hours after you receive the email confirmation of being accepted for a Status Match Challenge.
3. Enjoy the temporary Free Spirit Status by traveling with Spirit and/or spending on the Free Spirit Travel More Mastercard to earn the required Status Qualifying Points to retain the Status membership.

Once approved, you will be granted 90-days of Free Spirit Silver or Gold status based on your current elite membership with another airline. If your request is not approved, you’ll receive an email notifying you of our decision.

Use the Status Comparison chart to see what airline elite levels are qualified for the Free Spirit Status Match Challenge.

Enjoying your complimentary Free Spirit Status? Extend it by earning the required amount of Free Spirit SQP's during the 90-day complimentary period.
  • Your account will not be credited with Status Qualification Points (SQP's) equivalent to the normal earning requirement.
  • Our Guest Relations team will place you at the correct Status level based on your selected challenge level.
  • Enjoy full benefits of the Silver or Gold tier during the 90-day challenge period.
  • If you don't qualify at the end of the 90-day period under the terms of the Status Match Challenge, your membership level will be returned to the level it was prior to the challenge period.
  • If you meet the challenge criteria, you will enjoy the benefits of the Silver or Gold program level for the remainder of that calendar year plus the following calendar year.
  • If you do not meet the challenge criteria, the Silver or Gold status will be terminated immediately, and you will be returned to the Free Spirit level held prior to the Status Match Challenge.
  • You are allowed one Status Match Challenge every two years.
  • An email will be sent confirming the outcome of the Status Match Challenge

Link for info here:
https://customersupport.spirit.com/en-us/category/article/KA-01493
Print Wikipost

Spirt Airlines Status Challenge Info

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2023, 1:13 pm

Programs: SW A-List, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by CodeAdam10
Question: Does Spirit status benefits allow to companions on the same reservation?

TiA !
My understanding is the benefits are only available for the individual with the status. Others on a same reservation do not receive any of the benefits.
CodeAdam10 likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2023, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by UCSBCHRIS2002
My understanding is the benefits are only available for the individual with the status. Others on a same reservation do not receive any of the benefits.
Thank you! Completely reasonable for Spirit Airlines.
wjm7733 and Long Train Runnin like this.
Old Apr 6, 2023, 5:30 pm

Once, I get Gold status on Spirit, which airlines will match your status?
Old Apr 6, 2023, 11:26 pm

Took about an hour to get an email confirming the status match to Gold (Used Hhonors Status for match). Spirit Account not yet updated to show status but email said it may take up to 5 business days.
Please give an update when the status changes on the spirit account
Old Apr 7, 2023, 6:25 am

For $99? Being a big fan of paying $$ rather expending time & effort for status, I signed up for this on general principle. In my view, no brainer for those $19 specials to & fro OAK to LAS. Ok, would rather it had been SFO, but for $19 bucks, I'll suck it up and head across the bridge.
Old Apr 7, 2023, 8:30 am

Programs: Frontier (50k), Southwest, Wyndham (Diamond), Hyatt (Discoverist), National (Executive), Amex (Plat)
OK, I received an invitation this morning and took the bait. $99 paid and my status match is already approved.

I'm new to Spirit, but I was Elite 50k with Frontier last year and was literally flying them every other weekend for half the year. I have loyalty with Frontier and Southwest, and occasionally fly Allegiant when I have to. What should I expect from the Spirit experience? Is it comparable to Frontier?
Old Apr 7, 2023, 9:41 am
Moderator, Amtrak & Spirit Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: AC 50K, AS MVP, AA Plat Pro, DL Plat, UA Silver, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by aerosly
OK, I received an invitation this morning and took the bait. $99 paid and my status match is already approved.

I'm new to Spirit, but I was Elite 50k with Frontier last year and was literally flying them every other weekend for half the year. I have loyalty with Frontier and Southwest, and occasionally fly Allegiant when I have to. What should I expect from the Spirit experience? Is it comparable to Frontier?
I find flying NK an F9 to be pretty much identical. Outside of the crew uniforms.
Old Apr 7, 2023, 10:16 am

F9's similar offer in 2021 was better, as a $99 fee had enough companions to share the same perks / benefits

Last edited by danhouston; Apr 7, 2023 at 12:36 pm
Old Apr 7, 2023, 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by aerosly

Frontier used to be slightly better than Spirit but with Frontier's aggressive personal item size enforcement and Spirit adding wifi, I find Spirit better now. Big Front Seats on Spirit are a nice option, too, if that's your type of thing. Allegiant, Spirit, Frontier, and Sun Country are basically interchangeable.
futuramadramallama likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2023, 7:35 pm

The Gold status posted in my NK account in about 24 hours. The $49 F9 100K status was arguably a better value, however, far as I know, it's no longer offered, and the current chat only customer service is a deal breaker. It was great while it had lasted, but I'm thrilled with paying $99 and ensuring the ability to carpet bomb those $19 to LAS fares all over the map--I view them as literally throwaway fares.

By the way, booked some flights, I noticed these like huge seats in front for $63. Are these F-like seats? Also, can anyone kindly offer a quick primer on how SDC works?
Old Apr 7, 2023, 7:53 pm

Programs: Nectar Card
Originally Posted by Visconti
The Gold status posted in my NK account in about 24 hours. The $49 F9 100K status was arguably a better value, however, far as I know, it's no longer offered, and the current chat only customer service is a deal breaker. It was great while it had lasted, but I'm thrilled with paying $99 and ensuring the ability to carpet bomb those $19 to LAS fares all over the map--I view them as literally throwaway fares.

By the way, booked some flights, I noticed these like huge seats in front for $63. Are these F-like seats? Also, can anyone kindly offer a quick primer on how SDC works?
Yes, "Big Front Seat" is exactly "F-like seats." They're 2-2, in the front of the plane, and have pitch/width semi-comparable to domestic-F on other carriers.

Spirit status grants SDS, not SDC, but I too would like to hear a real-life experience.
Visconti likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2023, 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by futuramadramallama
Yes, "Big Front Seat" is exactly "F-like seats." They're 2-2, in the front of the plane, and have pitch/width semi-comparable to domestic-F on other carriers.
So, $63 + $19 = $82 for an F seat sounds like a pretty darn good deal. Am I missing anything? Sure, I get there's no PDB, offer to hang up one's jacket and catered meals, but I really don't care about any of that on short flights. Now, if they save bin space, I'd be a huge fan!
Old Apr 8, 2023, 9:09 am

Programs: SW A-List, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Elite, Hilton Gold

Does your account already reflect gold status? I got an email on Thursday stating that my match was approved but if I go to the spirit status website, it displays that the status is “pending approval”. No update to my account yet.
Old Apr 8, 2023, 11:55 am

Does your account already reflect gold status? I got an email on Thursday stating that my match was approved but if I go to the spirit status website, it displays that the status is “pending approval”. No update to my account yet.
Yes, already reflects Gold status. My status match was approved in about 10 minutes notified via email, then status changed in about 24 hours.
Old Apr 8, 2023, 4:41 pm

Big Front Seats are similar to domestic F class seats, but the one noticeable difference is that there is no recline.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.