Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 11, 2022, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Long Train Runnin

Status Match Challenge

The Free Spirit Status Match Challenge is an opportunity for you to experience the most valuable benefits of the Free Spirit program. Show your loyalty to Spirit and immediately benefit from your Status levels. If you have elite status with another airline, we will give you the equivalent Free Spirit Status for ninety (90) days – complimentary. Plus, you many earn ongoing Free Spirit Silver or Gold status based on our Free Spirit page.

In three simple steps you could be on your way to enjoying Free Spirit Status.

1. Determine your eligibility
  • Must meet ALL the following criteria to participate in our Status Match Challenge:
    • You have not received a Status Match or complimentary Free Spirit Status in the past two years.
    • You currently have elite status with a qualifying airline that was earned through that airline’s published requirements (complimentary status or status earned through a promotion does not qualify)
    • Must present an approved proof of membership document confirming your elite status with an airline listed above.
    • Use the Status Comparison chart to see what airline levels are required for the Status Match Challenge.
2. Click here to complete the form and upload your documents.
  • If you met all the criteria listed above, call our Contact Center team at 1-833-728-3359, or fill out the form here to be enrolled in the Status Match Challenge.
  • Make sure you’re ready to begin the challenge before you submit your request as your ninety-day complimentary Status period will begin within 24 hours after you receive the email confirmation of being accepted for a Status Match Challenge.
3. Enjoy the temporary Free Spirit Status by traveling with Spirit and/or spending on the Free Spirit Travel More Mastercard to earn the required Status Qualifying Points to retain the Status membership.

Once approved, you will be granted 90-days of Free Spirit Silver or Gold status based on your current elite membership with another airline. If your request is not approved, you’ll receive an email notifying you of our decision.

Use the Status Comparison chart to see what airline elite levels are qualified for the Free Spirit Status Match Challenge.

Enjoying your complimentary Free Spirit Status? Extend it by earning the required amount of Free Spirit SQP's during the 90-day complimentary period.
  • Your account will not be credited with Status Qualification Points (SQP's) equivalent to the normal earning requirement.
  • Our Guest Relations team will place you at the correct Status level based on your selected challenge level.
  • Enjoy full benefits of the Silver or Gold tier during the 90-day challenge period.
  • If you don't qualify at the end of the 90-day period under the terms of the Status Match Challenge, your membership level will be returned to the level it was prior to the challenge period.
  • If you meet the challenge criteria, you will enjoy the benefits of the Silver or Gold program level for the remainder of that calendar year plus the following calendar year.
  • If you do not meet the challenge criteria, the Silver or Gold status will be terminated immediately, and you will be returned to the Free Spirit level held prior to the Status Match Challenge.
  • You are allowed one Status Match Challenge every two years.
  • An email will be sent confirming the outcome of the Status Match Challenge

Link for info here:
https://customersupport.spirit.com/en-us/category/article/KA-01493
Print Wikipost

Spirt Airlines Status Challenge Info

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2023, 7:37 am

Programs: Frontier (50k), Southwest, Wyndham (Diamond), Hyatt (Discoverist), National (Executive), Amex (Plat)
Originally Posted by Zolor23
And here I was thinking I was being smart by squeezing out an additional few weeks of Gold by not doing the match immediately and waiting until the offer was about to be pulled...
Yeah, I got burned that way in the F9 match. They quickly decided that too many people were doing the Elite 100K match, so they pulled it after a few days. By the time I got off the fence, the only option was the Elite 50K. It was good enough, but a lesson learned nonetheless. That's why I did the NK match the moment I got the email.

Mine expires May 1, 2024.
Old Apr 26, 2023, 9:59 am

Ah, I had just assumed that it would've been customary or similar to DL/UA's protocol where the duration is either 1) end of current year, or 2) end of the following year. I ain't sure which, but had never assumed it was supposed to be 12 months from signup date. Yes, I didn't bother reading it.
Old Apr 26, 2023, 6:09 pm

Programs: Nectar Card
Originally Posted by lanb
I believe the initial batches of status match got the 12/31/24 expiration date and then spirit wised up

Enjoy your additional 8 months for being the early bird.
Originally Posted by aerosly
Yeah, I got burned that way in the F9 match. They quickly decided that too many people were doing the Elite 100K match, so they pulled it after a few days. By the time I got off the fence, the only option was the Elite 50K. It was good enough, but a lesson learned nonetheless. That's why I did the NK match the moment I got the email.

Mine expires May 1, 2024.
Hmm, interesting. you did your match quite early, yet you still only got one year (rather than a year and eight months)? The hypothesis that the initial batches got a longer match is still plausible, but slightly less likely now. Perhaps there's a different explanation.
Old Apr 26, 2023, 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by UCSBCHRIS2002
Thanks. I have a feeling there is an issue with my match. I applied on Thursday and received an approval email about 1 hour after applying. The spirit airlines status tracker website (https://spirit.statusmatch.com/track/) shows that my status is 'Pending Approval" but the status match website shows its "fully approved". I reached out to see if there is an issue with my match. Hopefully it shows up on my account soon.

Update - Sent an email today to inquire about match. In the past hour, my status has now changed to gold.
Originally Posted by simplyyou
Just emailed Spirit this morning. The matched status showed up in my account within a hour.
You guys emailed Spirit directly after getting approval confirmation from StatusMatch (and not seeing any movement for some time)?
Old Apr 28, 2023, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by futuramadramallama
You guys emailed Spirit directly after getting approval confirmation from StatusMatch (and not seeing any movement for some time)?
Same here, no update on the spirit side and it has been 6 days. Can someone please post the contact email you used for spirit ?
futuramadramallama likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2023, 5:32 pm

Same here, no update on the spirit side and it has been 6 days. Can someone please post the contact email you used for spirit ?
To answer my own question - [email protected]
It appears that statusmatch.com is responsible for the upgrades. Mine got fixed in a few hours after emailing them.
P.S. - Only thru 5/1/2024 btw.
Old Apr 28, 2023, 6:04 pm

To answer my own question - [email protected]
It appears that statusmatch.com is responsible for the upgrades. Mine got fixed in a few hours after emailing them.
P.S. - Only thru 5/1/2024 btw.
Lolll, mine too, after emailing them. In fact I was about to come here and tell you to refresh your account, but looks like you beat me to it.

Their email said they run batches, and this last one would complete all upgrades. Did all of us in this thread just happen to catch them right before they ran our batch, or did the squeaky wheel actually get the oil?

Furthermore, if it's batches they're running, and they have direct access into Spirit's system (which also would surprise me), why aren't they doing this nightly? Already, decades ago, banks were doing nightly processing (e.g. ACH), with the modern standard being an instantaneous microservice. If StatusMatch had to email a spreadsheet over to the partnered carrier once a week, and the hold up was the carrier's staff loading it all in, I would understand. But it sounds like it was StatusMatch being slowwwww. Sigggggggghhhhhhhhh.

Now I can finally go buy some flights, lol.
Old May 3, 2023, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by futuramadramallama
Lolll, mine too, after emailing them. In fact I was about to come here and tell you to refresh your account, but looks like you beat me to it.

Their email said they run batches, and this last one would complete all upgrades. Did all of us in this thread just happen to catch them right before they ran our batch, or did the squeaky wheel actually get the oil?

Furthermore, if it's batches they're running, and they have direct access into Spirit's system (which also would surprise me), why aren't they doing this nightly? Already, decades ago, banks were doing nightly processing (e.g. ACH), with the modern standard being an instantaneous microservice. If StatusMatch had to email a spreadsheet over to the partnered carrier once a week, and the hold up was the carrier's staff loading it all in, I would understand. But it sounds like it was StatusMatch being slowwwww. Sigggggggghhhhhhhhh.

Now I can finally go buy some flights, lol.
I think we fell thru the cracks somehow and our emails prompted them to manually update and/or run a "clean up" batch
Either way, glad it went thru for all of us.

Just a FYI that their website recognizes the gold status even for prior bookings and you can add seats and bags free.
The biggest bummer is that the seats are free only for the gold member, not the companions on the same ticket.
Anyone have a hack/workaround to get free seats for all ?
futuramadramallama likes this.
Old May 31, 2023, 8:53 pm

Does anyone know if status privileges apply on OTA bookings? Was thinking it's as simple as buying the ticket, attaching your FF#, and re-entering it in the Spirit app/site. Hopefully Spirit then recognizes everything and allows you to pick seats and bags.
Old Jun 2, 2023, 6:55 pm

Programs: Dividend Miles, WorldPerks

Just a FYI that their website recognizes the gold status even for prior bookings and you can add seats and bags free.
The biggest bummer is that the seats are free only for the gold member, not the companions on the same ticket.
Anyone have a hack/workaround to get free seats for all ?
FYI the free luggage and seats applies to all itineraries after your challenge ends, even if you lose status...as long as you pay $0 for them on the website before your status expires.

Also, for free seats for the whole party (even with no status), I have never had a problem getting them at the airport when I buy my tickets there. But I am sure YMMV for that depending on the agent/airport.
Old Aug 4, 2023, 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by pgh234
FYI the free luggage and seats applies to all itineraries after your challenge ends, even if you lose status...as long as you pay $0 for them on the website before your status expires.
Good to know.

Originally Posted by pgh234
Also, for free seats for the whole party (even with no status), I have never had a problem getting them at the airport when I buy my tickets there. But I am sure YMMV for that depending on the agent/airport.
I have asked at the counter and unfortunately they wouldn't for the non-gold passengers .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.