Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Southwest Companion pass 2013-14

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2013, 4:18 pm

My wife and I have each earned the CP this statement. We each plan to designate one of our two children as our companions. Our children are 3 (twins) and don't have their own RR number. Will I have to create an RR account for each of the children?
Old Jan 14, 2013, 4:24 pm

Programs: SWA RR BIS 6.2M, A+'20, CP'20, AA, UA Gold, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond
If you're a multi-year CP roller then the "rest of the year" really doesn't do anything for you. I've had CP for 3 years running so I always look at what I'll be gunning for into the next year. Same with A+. With the SWABiz points promo I'll already have least A-list by the end of this week. I don't have any of the SW cards and rack all my points in flying.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 12:05 am

Programs: UA 1K | MR Platinum
Originally Posted by Wingrider
If you're a multi-year CP roller then the "rest of the year" really doesn't do anything for you. I've had CP for 3 years running so I always look at what I'll be gunning for into the next year. Same with A+. With the SWABiz points promo I'll already have least A-list by the end of this week. I don't have any of the SW cards and rack all my points in flying.
Originally Posted by kyroadrunner
My wife and I have each earned the CP this statement. We each plan to designate one of our two children as our companions. Our children are 3 (twins) and don't have their own RR number. Will I have to create an RR account for each of the children?
Yes. The t&C say that each companion must have a RR account to get a pass.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 4:24 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Starwood Platinum
question

Total points hit for companion pass yesterday but acct states "Current Companion Pass Status: Not Yet Earned" Why? I would think it would automatically kick in.

How long do I have to wait until they recognize status? I don't want to call and draw attention to myself earning 114000 pts by Jan. 13th.

I know they will send a post card in a few weeks, but I like to see it for myself online.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 9:21 am

Tmpy, I am in the same boat. Total companion pass points earn bar reads 100%, but top of the bar reads "Current Companion Pass Status: Not Yet Earned."

Any help on this from my FT peeps would be appreciated. I also don't want to call and draw attention.

Phil
Old Jan 15, 2013, 9:31 am

Programs: AA ex Plat, IC Plat , Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Tmpy
Total points hit for companion pass yesterday but acct states "Current Companion Pass Status: Not Yet Earned" Why? I would think it would automatically kick in.

How long do I have to wait until they recognize status? I don't want to call and draw attention to myself earning 114000 pts by Jan. 13th.

I know they will send a post card in a few weeks, but I like to see it for myself online.
Do you need if for travel immediatley? If not be patient, it will be showing online within a few days. You do realize that you can book your travel already, and the companion can be added at a later time??? therefore, no hurry unless your trip is in the next few days.

Book away....
Old Jan 15, 2013, 12:11 pm

Programs: united 1p, usair silver, nz gold, hilton gold, starwood gold
My wife just received enough points for the companion pass today and its showing up on her rapid reward account as 117,000 points and 100% to her companion pass.

When I called WN the person I spoke to had no clue and said that the companion pass was only good for next year not this year.

We are flying on Thursday and again in acouple of weeks. Is there any special number to call to get the companion pass issued right away?

Last year I had the points and she was my companion but that was a carryover from 2011.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 1:15 pm

Bonus won't show for 6 - 8 weeks??

I applied for the card late Oct. Got the card in November. Reached $2k spending on statement that closed yesterday 1/14 but only 2K showed on my RR acct today. Called chase and they said the 50K won't post until 6-8 weeks later. I'm reading on here and everyone seems to post right after closing date. Did I mess up somewhere? The Chase website is useless for RR details. It still says 0 earned for everything even though 2K already posted to the SW website. Do I have to pay first so that's why I have to wait 6 weeks? The 3 month requirement is when I reached the spending not when I paid, right?
Old Jan 15, 2013, 3:35 pm

Yep Yep

Originally Posted by snangel
I applied for the card late Oct. Got the card in November. Reached $2k spending on statement that closed yesterday 1/14 but only 2K showed on my RR acct today. Called chase and they said the 50K won't post until 6-8 weeks later. I'm reading on here and everyone seems to post right after closing date. Did I mess up somewhere? The Chase website is useless for RR details. It still says 0 earned for everything even though 2K already posted to the SW website. Do I have to pay first so that's why I have to wait 6 weeks? The 3 month requirement is when I reached the spending not when I paid, right?
Chase originally gave me that same timeframe for the points to post (6-8 weeks), but after speaking with someone who was more knowledgeable, they told me that the agreement between Chase and Southwest is that Southwest will post at a maximum of 8 weeks. At this time, they are posting much quicker, in only a few days. My statement closed 1/10/13 and were posted 1/13/13 to Southwest.

I also received two separate deposits, one for my normal spending and one for the bonus. They posted at different times.

Good Luck!
Old Jan 15, 2013, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by snangel
My sign up points and points I earned for spending posted to RR 2 days after my statement closed. No payments have been made yet.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 4:31 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by Dad to GO
Got my Companion Pass at 100% today! Now to call them and get the ball rolling :-)
I hope that was a joke. The process is automatic and occurs within a day or two. No need to rub their noses in the fact that you abused the credit card bonuses to score a CP. That deal is already looking overexploited and due for extermination by Southwest.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 6:59 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by Philbullock1223
Tmpy, I am in the same boat. Total companion pass points earn bar reads 100%, but top of the bar reads "Current Companion Pass Status: Not Yet Earned."

Any help on this from my FT peeps would be appreciated. I also don't want to call and draw attention.

Phil
This is normal. Wait 1 to 2 days and it should fix itself.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 7:52 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, IHG Status-of-the-Day, Avis First. **Freedom fighter: One grope at a time.**
Originally Posted by nsx
No need to rub their noses in the fact that you abused the credit card bonuses to score a CP. That deal is already looking overexploited and due for extermination by Southwest.
^ nsx - I am glad you finally said this out loud.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 8:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by nsx
This is normal. Wait 1 to 2 days and it should fix itself.
Agreed - that's all it took for me in 2011...but, this year (and, it may just be so early in the year that the IT systems are focused on other functions) seems to be taking a little longer (I'm at 4 days currently).
Old Jan 15, 2013, 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by nsx
I hope that was a joke. The process is automatic and occurs within a day or two. No need to rub their noses in the fact that you abused the credit card bonuses to score a CP. That deal is already looking overexploited and due for extermination by Southwest.
Seriously?

What am I missing here? How is it "abuse" to take advantage of bonuses as offered?

Did he do something against the rules?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.