Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Southwest Companion pass 2013-14

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2013, 11:43 am

Programs: MR Plat Premier, IHG Spire, Hilton Diamond, Southwest CP
Originally Posted by InkUnderNails
Let's see if I can get this right. I always miss something. The only way I can keep up with it is like this:

There are three stacks of points: TQP, CPQP and RRP (Rapid reward points.)

Every time points are earned, points are added to one or more stacks.

TQP's are from flying and spend on the Premiere Card ($10K gets 1500 points, no prorating, 15K max points per calendar year). At the end of the year, WN takes all of the TQP's and you start a new year at 0. 25K in your stack gets A-List. 50K gets A-List Preferred. You get the status for the remainder of the year in which it was earned and the following year.

CPQP's are from such things as flying, partners, transfers, and CC sign ups, but there are limits such as the 600 point partner limit and others. See the Wiki for details. 110K in your stack gets a CP. You get the CP for the remainder of the year in which it was earned and the following year. At the end of the year, WN takes all of the CPCP's and you start a new year at 0.

RRP's come from everywhere. Your stack only gets smaller when you spend them for something or you do not add or take from your stack in 23 months at which time your account will be closed and your stack disappears.
Great way to explain it ^
Old Jan 14, 2013, 8:34 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Has anybody reached the full 110k CP-qualifying points for 2013 yet? I won't be getting there until my statement hits in February...
Old Jan 14, 2013, 8:40 am
Original Poster

I got mine. had to call customer relations to update it. it says expires 12/30/13, though. i thought i read somewhere there's a issue with the expiration date, but i have to find it. also, your companion needs a rapid reward#.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by lazyy
I got mine. had to call customer relations to update it. it says expires 12/30/13, though. i thought i read somewhere there's a issue with the expiration date, but i have to find it. also, your companion needs a rapid reward#.
You already have your CP in hand? Wow, that was fast...how easy was the process?

Have you inquired about the expiration date issue, and are you at all concerned about it? There's not some provision that says you only get it for 1 year if you earn it earlier than a certain date, is there?
Old Jan 14, 2013, 8:58 am

Programs: AA ex Plat, IC Plat , Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by dajoip
You already have your CP in hand? Wow, that was fast...how easy was the process?

Have you inquired about the expiration date issue, and are you at all concerned about it? There's not some provision that says you only get it for 1 year if you earn it earlier than a certain date, is there?
It is clearly states(terms), remainder of the year plus the following year....same as Preferred and A-list Preferred.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 9:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dajoip

Both of my cards, closed on the 10th, all the points showed on my chase statements on the 11th. On the 12, the points were on southwest's site, and i just called them this morning to manually add my companion.

Pretty easy.

I will call them later to check on the exp date.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by shawntobi
It is clearly states(terms), remainder of the year plus the following year....same as Preferred and A-list Preferred.
I realize that, but I'm also cognizant of the fact that this program is definitely geared toward people who earn the CP later in the year than early January (as it would typically take awhile to fly 100 flights, or accumulate 110k points). And, since he's saying his account shows his CP expiring on 12/31/13, I think it's a valid concern.

Check out the last 8 posts in this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/south...r-2-0-a-4.html. Does this also apply to how the CP info is displayed in 2013 as well?

Last edited by dajoip; Jan 14, 2013 at 9:21 am
Old Jan 14, 2013, 9:37 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
also, your companion needs a rapid reward#.
Interesting - this new as when I earned mine in 2011 I had to follow-up to add my designated companion's RR #. (see this thread: Including Companion Rapid Rewards Number on Companion Pass Designation)
Old Jan 14, 2013, 10:14 am
Original Poster

I will call them later to check on the exp date.
Called 214-932-0333, and they updated the exp date to 12/30/2014. not sure why it is not 12/31/2014, but it works for now.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 10:16 am

Tier Status Pending

Just wondering if anyone else is still with me and waiting for Tier Status Pending message to disappear.

Has anyone tried to call and ask about it? It has been 14 days now...

Thanks
Old Jan 14, 2013, 10:38 am

Mine still states tier status pending
Old Jan 14, 2013, 10:43 am
Used to be garyjr316

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, Gold Passport, Hilton HHonors, Marriott
Got my Companion Pass at 100% today! Now to call them and get the ball rolling :-)
Old Jan 14, 2013, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by mlaw8
Just wondering if anyone else is still with me and waiting for Tier Status Pending message to disappear.

Has anyone tried to call and ask about it? It has been 14 days now...

Thanks

Mine still shows as status pending also. I had over 110k points post on Jan. 7th, but I've only seem the status pending message since. Really frustrating, but I've been hesitant to call and draw any attention to it. I would have thought two weeks would have been enough time for them to wrap up last year's activity?
Old Jan 14, 2013, 2:47 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, WN RR A-list+
If you qualify in 2013, is it good just for 2013 or do you get a full year(2014) too ?
Old Jan 14, 2013, 3:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by poser
If you qualify in 2013, is it good just for 2013 or do you get a full year(2014) too ?
Since RR 2.0 went into full effect, a CP is calendar year - that is a CP earned by 12/31/2013 is valid for the full calendar year of 2014 and, as a bonus, any remaining time in 2013 after it is earned.

In other words, a CP earned 1/14/2013 is valid through 12/31/2014.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.