Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Southwest Companion pass 2013-14

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2013, 9:37 am
Original Poster

Southwest Companion pass 2013-14

Has anyone earned their southwest companion pass starting this year yet?

I got 2 southwest cards closing Jan 10, hopefully the bonuses with post properly and sw still allows bonus pts to count towards CP.
Old Jan 3, 2013, 9:41 am

Programs: DL Platinum, SPG Gold
Southwest's system is still processing year-end, so I don't think anyone knows if they have earned the CP, or even what counts toward CP for 2013.
Old Jan 3, 2013, 9:55 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
My statements close on the 5th, so the 100k points should post by the 8th and I should know if they count toward the CP. However, I'll still have around 6k more points to earn before I reach CP status.

Also, like brettalb said before me, my tier status is pending on SW's website, so who really knows how long it'll take before the applicable information is viewable...
Old Jan 3, 2013, 10:07 am

At three days into the year, I think it's too early for most to hit 110k. That said, one of my statements closed yesterday, so I should know soon if the points will count.
Old Jan 3, 2013, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by TimesTwo
At three days into the year, I think it's too early for most to hit 110k. That said, one of my statements closed yesterday, so I should know soon if the points will count.
Please come back and update us if/when you're able to find out whether they've continued to count this year!
Old Jan 3, 2013, 10:58 am

I certainly will. I hit 2k on each of the cards already, but I'm holding off on a couple of big purchases until I get confirmation, so I'm anxiously awaiting myself.

Update: just logged in and the points have posted (they weren't there an hour ago). Still no update on the tier-status, of course.

Last edited by TimesTwo; Jan 3, 2013 at 11:03 am
Old Jan 3, 2013, 11:01 am

I certainly will. I hit 2k on each of the cards already, but I'm holding off on a couple of big purchases until I get confirmation, so I'm anxiously awaiting myself.
I've done the same, but both my statements close on the 5th, so I won't get my business statement (and points) until at least the 8th...so it seems you're a few days ahead of me.
Old Jan 3, 2013, 11:27 am

Programs: WN, Marriott
Is there a requirement to keep the card open or can I cancel as soon as I get my companion pass?
Old Jan 3, 2013, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by zburg06
Is there a requirement to keep the card open or can I cancel as soon as I get my companion pass?
Once you've earned the CP pass, it's yours - the credit cards can be closed at will. However, I don't know why you'd bother unless you're coming up on your 2nd annual fee, since you've already paid to keep the card for a full year. In addition, some Chase cards stipulate that they can take back the bonus points if you don't keep a card active for at least 6 months.
Old Jan 3, 2013, 12:58 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by brettalb
Southwest's system is still processing year-end, so I don't think anyone knows if they have earned the CP, or even what counts toward CP for 2013.
Call it the "CP requalification cliff".

Old Jan 3, 2013, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by dajoip
Once you've earned the CP pass, it's yours - the credit cards can be closed at will. However, I don't know why you'd bother unless you're coming up on your 2nd annual fee, since you've already paid to keep the card for a full year. In addition, some Chase cards stipulate that they can take back the bonus points if you don't keep a card active for at least 6 months.
Plus the bonus points you get on renewal basically pay for the card anyway. Why not keep?
Old Jan 4, 2013, 9:35 am

Just logged into my partner's account, and I'm happy to say that her first 50k posted and she is halfway to her CP. ^
Old Jan 4, 2013, 11:07 am

Just logged into my partner's account, and I'm happy to say that her first 50k posted and she is halfway to her CP. ^
Good news! I should find out tomorrow sometime...fingers crossed!
Old Jan 4, 2013, 11:53 am

Just signed up today, glad I found these boards! Anyways I was approved for a business card, and a personal plus and personal premier. I spent 2k on two of the cards (did a 50k marriot card as well) and anyways, I called in the next day and changed all of my closing periods to the 1st, low and behold on Jan 1st, I had 50k points into my account, but was missing another 50k... I called SW the other day and it turns out a return I made to target made me fall a few dollars shy of the $2000. I called and have been talking w/ chase and they are going to try to add the points by this Monday as I need them for a upcoming vacation and cannot wait! I hope they can get them added, I also just spent $2k on my other card, so as of Feb 2nd will have posted over 160k points for this year... Easy CP status.

Can anyone tell me though what international destinations I can fly w/ the CP?
Old Jan 4, 2013, 12:22 pm
Original Poster

Nice

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.