Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Official Peanut Gallery Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2011, 8:48 am

Consumer Reports Survey Rates SWA the Best

A new survey of almost 15,000 Consumer Reports subscribers gave Southwest Airlines the highest ratings for overall customer satisfaction.
SWA was the only airline to receive top marks for check-in ease and service provided by it's cabin crews.

Way to go Southwest Flight Attendants!
Old May 8, 2011, 8:48 am

Programs: CO-PLT,Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Silver, AA ex Platinum, Avis 1st
Originally Posted by ursine1
It was easier to put up with some of the silly WN-style things like stupid jokes when the non-silly WN things like unused funds transferability made up for it. As parts of the overall intrinsic "Southwest is different" it was easier to deal with the bad because there was also so much good. There's less good now , and that makes it harder to put up with the bad, and easier to mock the things that are simply silly.
And YET..... another satisfied customer.
Old May 8, 2011, 8:49 am

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that the survey was taken prior to March 1, 2011.
Old May 8, 2011, 8:52 am

Programs: CO-PLT,Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Silver, AA ex Platinum, Avis 1st
Originally Posted by ursine1
I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that the survey was taken prior to March 1, 2011.
And... who are the readers/subscribers of Consumer Reports? Exactly the type SW caters to, the hillbilly's and senior folks. Lets see how they rate when a business publication rates service of airlines......
Old May 8, 2011, 9:14 am

ursine1
[QUOTE]
I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that the survey was taken prior to March 1, 2011[QUOTE]

If you're referring to the hole in the fuselage incident, I don't know how that relates. The NTSA and Boeing have determined that the hole was caused by a Boeing manufacturing defect.

spineangel
who are the readers/subscribers of Consumer Reports? Exactly the type SW caters to, the hillbilly's
Yes, I understand that Consumer Reports offers a special discounted "hillbilly" rate to service their large "hillbilly" demographic.

It would be a waste of energy to list all the business-oriented surveys where SWA comes out on top; based on your derisive posting about SWA, I'm guessing you wouldn't really be interested.

Last edited by hat attack; Apr 21, 2018 at 6:59 pm Reason: quotes not displaying corectly
Old May 8, 2011, 9:22 am

[QUOTE=hat attack;16348298]ursine1
[QUOTE]
I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that the survey was taken prior to March 1, 2011

If you're referring to the hole in the fuselage incident, I don't know how that relates. The NTSA and Boeing have determined that the hole was caused by a Boeing manufacturing defect.

spineangel

Yes, I understand that Consumer Reports offers a special discounted "hillbilly" rate to service their large "hillbilly" demographic.

It would be a waste of energy to list all the business-oriented surveys where SWA comes out on top; based on your stalker-intensity, derisive posting about SWA, I'm guessing you wouldn't really be interested.
That's because any recent surveys do not state your point, amongst heavy business travelers. But you wouldn't care about that, as in your mind SW is the greatest. You will see after a while.....
Old May 8, 2011, 9:24 am

[QUOTE]
I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that the survey was taken prior to March 1, 2011

spineangel

It would be a waste of energy to list all the business-oriented surveys where SWA comes out on top; based on your stalker-intensity, derisive posting about SWA, I'm guessing you wouldn't really be interested.
I suppose Boeing only makes SW aircraft? Normal airlines have a maintenance department that inspects for those type problems and spend the $$$$ to fix them prior to loading their customers.
Old May 8, 2011, 9:43 am

A *third* thread about FA's telling jokes? Guys, get a life.
Old May 8, 2011, 10:01 am

Southwest is targeting a different demographic, without a product to draw them while alienating their base. The airline is like one of those little wind-up toys running aimlessly into a wall, turning and running into the next. Where did the plan go? Is there a plan? It ain't workin'...

Let's get back to basics and be who we are...low fares, flexible policies, positive upbeat atmosphere, great rewards.

If they really want to be the airline for business travelers, they need to have a business section with business seating - not the current, horrible, maybe you'll get a decent seat and maybe you won't and maybe you'll have a screaming kid kicking the back of your seat and maybe you have a fat, nose-picker bulging into your space for which you paid premium dollar. But you'll get a free *&%$#@ drink if you can manage it at 7am.

Oh, brother...
Old May 8, 2011, 10:23 am

Hang it up OP! How many times must you bring this up? You are NOT the majority. Where is the "ignore" feature on this board?
Old May 8, 2011, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by GottaLuvCruising
Where is the "ignore" feature on this board?
Ahhh...found it.
Old May 8, 2011, 10:34 am

seems to me wn is burning through it's reputation and on some kind of mission to p i s s everyone off nowadays. customer unfriendly changes are becoming a regular thing. i already get a sense of "missing the good ole days".
Old May 8, 2011, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
ALWAYS late.irrops

The only time I take WN anymore is on a RR ticket. They are ALWAYS late if you fly them out of DTW after 12.

And I had an IRROPS situation dew/DEN weds night that was AWFUL. The flight ended up being delayed four hours since the aircraft had to be taken out o f service and the flight was COMPLETELY FULL and the only had two people working the podium reaccomodating connections. Took me almost 2 hours to get my new boarding pass. Everyone was upset because all the places in DTW NOrth close at 8:30 and the only thing they served in flight was those PLane Crackers. And we had to wait until we got to DEN to get the hotel vouchers and there was only one person doing them so that was another 40 minute wait. I requested a food voucher at both DTW and DEN and was denied!!!! Seeing I had to get only 2.5 hours sleep I don't think it was out of line asking for a airport voucher for breakfast. The guy in front of me in line for the hotel at DEN was so upset he said he would never fly WN again seeing how they handled irrops compared to Delta.

What REALLY irritated me though was me and another guy in my row ordered alcohol and she had the nerve to say $5. I have plenty of those coupons with no expiration date that WN says expire in August so I used that for mine and gave him one for his. WN used to comp a drink when a flight was delayed, and this was over four hours and meant missed connections.
Old May 8, 2011, 10:39 am

[QUOTE]

i believe the reference to the date march 1st would be a reference to the change in the rapid rewards program. the fuselage incident occurred april 1st.
Old May 8, 2011, 10:52 am

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by Orwaid
1) Why do so many WN FAs feel the need to be so over the top when it come to their repeated attempts at inflight humor?
1) Your definition of "over the top" and FA's definition don't match. What you call "repeated attempts at" FAs might call "successful." (You continue to take the position that your view of the matter is the correct one.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.