Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Official Peanut Gallery Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2011, 9:46 am

Programs: CO-PLT,Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Silver, AA ex Platinum, Avis 1st
Originally Posted by pinniped
spineangel lecturing about childish episodes...that's rich.
Gotta get on their level to communicate.....
Old May 7, 2011, 9:58 am

Programs: Frequent Flyer
Originally Posted by spineangel
why are you the only one that hangs them up?
Again you lack facts, I didn't hang the company issued sign, but had I needed one - there they are in the front stowage for our use, just where the company put them.
Old May 7, 2011, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by Orwaid
First, I appreciate the lack of rancor in your post.

And yes, I only fly WN when I do not have a choice.

Were I a "nervous first-time flyer" (and I must admit, I do not see many of those), I think I would be more concerned with a flight crew telling jokes than with a flight crew quietly doing a professional job. The latter shows confidence; the former does not.
Not sure why you should expect rancor free comments after the rather boorish behavior you displayed.

I suspect your posting on this incident and defensive comments reflect that you know that you were wrong and are trying to persuade yourself otherwise.

Put me in the 'this guy acted like a jerk' vote.
Old May 7, 2011, 10:43 am

Programs: DL PM, SW, Hilton, , UAL PM, AA Gold-skeptic
Originally Posted by DrPSB
Not sure why you should expect rancor free comments after the rather boorish behavior you displayed.

I suspect your posting on this incident and defensive comments reflect that you know that you were wrong and are trying to persuade yourself otherwise.

^
Old May 7, 2011, 11:05 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Sorry, guys and gals, but I have to take away the punch bowl. This is the first time I can recall that I have seriously considered shutting down a thread in this forum. It happens all the time in some other forums, but not here. The moderators just don't have the time to sort through who started what and who violated the rules against name calling.

I'm pretty disappointed that so many members have not learned to avoid feeding an argument and to either post nothing or post something that de-escalates the conflict. That way the few people who are trying to raise a fuss won't get what they want and they will get bored and leave.

In this thread there were more than the typical one or two wanting to perpetuate a food fight. That's why I'm disappointed. It's value-destroying behavior. Please try to do better next time. I don't know who won this food fight, but forum readers lost.

As I said, I considered shutting down this thread. Instead I am going to conduct an experiment. I am renaming this the Official Food Fighting Thread. Any future food fights will be merged into this thread. That way readers who don't enjoy food fights will be able to avoid reading, while those who enjoy food fights can still have their fun with each other but without dragging everyone else in.
Old May 7, 2011, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
I have to say I wish the OP was on my Weds WN flight. Flight time was 7:20 and due to a mechanical IRROPS didn't leave DTW until 11:15 at NIGHT. ALl connections had to spend the night in Denver, WN wouldn't provide food vouchers, and the flight was TOTALLY FULL and they only had 2 people working the podium to handle reconnects. My flight was at 7:45 a.m. but a lot of people had 6 and 6:30 am connections in Denver.

Seeing how little sleep we would be getting (and to make things worse they told us we would have to get our hotel vouchers at DEN and they only had one person working the podium for that at DEN and there was a 40 minute wait for me to get mine and a long wait for the hotel shuttle and another long wait to check in and I only got 3 hours sleep), she should have only made the necessary announcements and kept them short and sweet. Instead she told the usual stupid WN jokes with each announcement. I would have loved for someone to have gotten her to quiet down.

Really weird thing was she didnt ask the exit row questions the second time. We were on board and would have left early for once, but some light came on and they had to go back to the gate and maintenance told them the plane was grounded and we had to wait for a 10:45 inbound plane and use that and I was fortunate enough to get the aisle exit both times but there weere a couple different people in the exit row the second time. If she was going to go to the bother of telling jokes she should have done the exit row briefing again.
Old May 7, 2011, 3:39 pm

Programs: CO-PLT,Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Silver, AA ex Platinum, Avis 1st
Thread Removed?

Once again, I see when someone ruffles the feathers of SW stewardess's that post here, albiet truth was told, the moderator just removes the whole thread. Does this particular thread belong to SW employees, and those of us that expose their little secrets, get the thread banished? If so, the name of this thread needs to be changed.
They are allowed to be-little and slander non SW employee posters, but God forbid if someone exposes their wrong-doing or disagree with these FA's, then the rules change. Is this really a fair way to run this forum????
Old May 7, 2011, 4:15 pm

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
Try here.
Old May 7, 2011, 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by Eemraldskies
Again you lack facts, I didn't hang the company issued sign, but had I needed one - there they are in the front stowage for our use, just where the company put them.
IF YOU DIDN'T HANG IT, WHO DID? As you already stated, you were PO'd that I took a picture of it hanging on the OHB above the bulkhead on the right side of the aircraft as you enter the plane. And YOU were the one following me off the plane, down the jetway, and into the concourse asking what I was gonna do with that picture I took. You were the chief stewardess on the flight. If the company put them where you say, they would be hung on every flight, or they would be permanently affixed to the bulkhead OHB's, on every SW plane. Again just like your boss said you should not be hanging such silly signs. YOU are the one "lacking facts". You are just upset that HQ's reprimanded you for making up your own rules...
And if we follow your logic, and they are company issued and encouraged to be used by SW stewardess's, let's take a poll and ask how many SW loyalists have seen these "company issued" signs......other than your heiness flights of course......

You should be very proud of yourself though, as YOU caused your company to lose a very high revenue producing customer. CO and AA seem to act like adults and actually appreciate high volume revenue customers. No problems with either of these FA's in the last year and a half, and actually appreciate a guy that shells out 25-30K per year in doing business with them. Free upgrades to first class, unlimited free drinks, service that SW should send their FA's to a class on, plenty of OHB space for ALL passengers, no silly FA issued signs, no dumb-a** jokes, just regular service that caters to the business traveler.
Old May 7, 2011, 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by InkUnderNails
THANKS!
Old May 7, 2011, 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
I have to say I wish the OP was on my Weds WN flight. Flight time was 7:20 and due to a mechanical IRROPS didn't leave DTW until 11:15 at NIGHT. ALl connections had to spend the night in Denver, WN wouldn't provide food vouchers, and the flight was TOTALLY FULL and they only had 2 people working the podium to handle reconnects. My flight was at 7:45 a.m. but a lot of people had 6 and 6:30 am connections in Denver.

Seeing how little sleep we would be getting (and to make things worse they told us we would have to get our hotel vouchers at DEN and they only had one person working the podium for that at DEN and there was a 40 minute wait for me to get mine and a long wait for the hotel shuttle and another long wait to check in and I only got 3 hours sleep), she should have only made the necessary announcements and kept them short and sweet. Instead she told the usual stupid WN jokes with each announcement. I would have loved for someone to have gotten her to quiet down.

Really weird thing was she didnt ask the exit row questions the second time. We were on board and would have left early for once, but some light came on and they had to go back to the gate and maintenance told them the plane was grounded and we had to wait for a 10:45 inbound plane and use that and I was fortunate enough to get the aisle exit both times but there weere a couple different people in the exit row the second time. If she was going to go to the bother of telling jokes she should have done the exit row briefing again.
TYPICAL..... Sorry you had to incur such nonsense... And let me guess you probably had a business meeting a short time after your 3 hour nap.
Since I switched to CO, these issues you describe have dramatically dropped off..

Last edited by spineangel; May 7, 2011 at 6:27 pm Reason: spelling
Old May 7, 2011, 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by Orwaid
DontCallMeSHirley ("DCMS") and rrz518 -

You can go on and on trying to make this issue a personal one about me, but the fact remains that there are a lot of people that feel the way I do, and more and more of them are posting here.

Your best arguments against what I am suggesting WN consider are to:

1) Suggest I am stupid

2) Suggest I am not teaching my kids well

3) Suggest I am about me only ("I,I,I..."). When you repeatedly try to slander me and not even try to rationally debate the topic, of course I have to respond in the first person.

DCMS and rrz518 -- if your previous posts are your best attempts at debating an issue, who is Ron White REALLY talking about?

Indyscott -- Repeating my earlier posts, it seems reasonable to tell a couple of jokes during the safety briefing and maybe another one after landing. And OK, if a FA is really jonesing to tell another one inflight, fine. I still think that allows for the humor that you consider part of the brand without subjecting the passengers to endless drivel.
^^^^
Old May 7, 2011, 6:14 pm

Programs: Frequent Flyer
Again. Incorrect info. So if I see an increase in the number of folks wanting to see the company signs - I'll know they are from Flyertalk.

Happy Mother's Day ya'll.

Last edited by Eemraldskies; May 7, 2011 at 6:18 pm Reason: greeting
Old May 7, 2011, 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by DrPSB

Put me in the category... "this guy speak of the truth"...
Old May 7, 2011, 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by Eemraldskies
Again. Incorrect info. So if I see an increase in the number of folks wanting to see the company signs - I'll know they are from Flyertalk.

Happy Mother's Day ya'll.
Let's take the poll here.... ANYONE seen these widespread signs that EEmraldskies is adamate are everywhere?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.