Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Official Peanut Gallery Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2011, 6:32 pm

Programs: CO-PLT,Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Silver, AA ex Platinum, Avis 1st
Originally Posted by Eemraldskies
Again. Incorrect info. So if I see an increase in the number of folks wanting to see the company signs - I'll know they are from Flyertalk.

Happy Mother's Day ya'll.
"incorrect info" ? Your previous post said I was the one that objected to your little sign, then I admit I was that guy... Now you say incorrect info????
This confusion happens everytime that one can't keep track of the stories they tell.
"My what a tangled web we weave, when we try to deceive"
Old May 7, 2011, 6:34 pm

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
Originally Posted by spineangel
Once again, I see when someone ruffles the feathers of SW stewardess's that post here, albiet truth was told, the moderator just removes the whole thread. Does this particular thread belong to SW employees, and those of us that expose their little secrets, get the thread banished? If so, the name of this thread needs to be changed.
They are allowed to be-little and slander non SW employee posters, but God forbid if someone exposes their wrong-doing or disagree with these FA's, then the rules change. Is this really a fair way to run this forum????
Obviously you know nothing about this site or our moderators.
Old May 7, 2011, 6:36 pm

Programs: CO-PLT,Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Silver, AA ex Platinum, Avis 1st
Originally Posted by lougord99
Obviously you know nothing about this site or our moderators.
Who are you?? FlyerTalk President??
Old May 7, 2011, 6:42 pm

Programs: Frequent Flyer
Wrong FA.
Old May 7, 2011, 6:52 pm

You are totally correct - we cater to beer bellies, grampa's, grandmas, frequent flier, one time fliers, first time fliers, vacation fliers and and everyone else when they are on the flight. Doesn't matter one iota to a flight attendant how much you paid for your ticket or where you stood in line for the boarding process.

Everyone receives the same award winning service WN flight attendants are known for even when they act out like a 6 year old over a company policy (during flight no less and at deplaning) like you did on one of my flights.

Yes, it was you no doubt, because you came and posted here about it after the fact. No one has ever had a problem with that policy but you so there is no way on God's green earth it was anyone but you on my flight that day having a hissy fit and taking pictures.So ya, trash the clientel if you like, you are just like every other passenger on the flight once you are strapped in your seat (even if you do behave childish).
YEAH..... Right, WRONG Stewardess... Do you not even remember posting the above post, or are there 2 EEmarldskies????

Last edited by spineangel; May 7, 2011 at 6:54 pm Reason: spelling
Old May 7, 2011, 6:54 pm

Riddle me this - how many FA's are on a WN flight?
Old May 7, 2011, 6:56 pm

Wrong FA.
Maybe you can call CO, see if they will let you take one of their refresher FA training classes......
Old May 7, 2011, 6:59 pm

Riddle me this - how many FA's are on a WN flight?
3, the last time I was on SW, why? Are you saying one of your other 2 FA's hung that "company issued" sign? If so, since you were the head FA, what they do or don't do is on your watch, right?
Old May 7, 2011, 7:06 pm

Nope - FA's don't have a boss on the flight. Should a problem arise the FA upfront is the "go to" person, but no they are not the supervisor or boss of the other 2 FA's on the flight.

What I've been trying to say is I was not the FA who hung the sign - however you did ask me about it. You spoke to two FA's about the sign at row 1 (and you were sitting OWWE). The signs are not always out, they are on the AC and are available to us to use when needed.

Really, there is no need to rehash this - everyone knows you have a very strong opinion about the OHB space (and a thread to prove it). My company has in writing, in my FA manual where the FA luggage is to be stored; that's what we follow. It's not a policy we have any control over, but just follow what's in the manual.

Guess this should have been a pm - I certainly didn't intend for the topic to go this direction and I'd like it to stop.
Old May 7, 2011, 8:24 pm

Nope - FA's don't have a boss on the flight. Should a problem arise the FA upfront is the "go to" person, but no they are not the supervisor or boss of the other 2 FA's on the flight.

What I've been trying to say is I was not the FA who hung the sign - however you did ask me about it. You spoke to two FA's about the sign at row 1 (and you were sitting OWWE). The signs are not always out, they are on the AC and are available to us to use when needed.

Really, there is no need to rehash this - everyone knows you have a very strong opinion about the OHB space (and a thread to prove it). My company has in writing, in my FA manual where the FA luggage is to be stored; that's what we follow. It's not a policy we have any control over, but just follow what's in the manual.

Guess this should have been a pm - I certainly didn't intend for the topic to go this direction and I'd like it to stop.
Funny how when pressed your story changes.... Does your manual state ALL of your luggage is to go in the bulkhead OHB, or just the one that has your in-flight manual in it? According to the FAA (which I checked with), ONLY your luggage with that flight manual should be readily available, not your personal overnight luggage. Your HQ's even stated that as well. And said they knew NOTHING about a SW policy of such signs. He put me on hold and asked a supervisor in the "in-flight management" dept, as well. You stretch your companies rule because you are lazy and don't want to walk to the back of the plane to get your luggage. And the only reason you and whatever crew you fly with pull out that little sign, is more than likely to keep customers from asking why you put your luggage there.
As I previously said, LETS TAKE A POLL, AND ASK THE FLYERTALK SW LOYALISTS, WHO HAS SEEN SUCH A SILLY SIGN? THAT IS, A SIGN NOT ON ONE OF YOUR FLIGHTS.
Since, as YOU state numerous times, it is on ALL flights, and SW endorses the use of this sign, we should have hundreds of SW customers that have seen this.
The only reason you want this to "stop", is because I have proven you incorrect.....
Old May 7, 2011, 9:37 pm

FA's private luggage sign

Eemarldskies states it is common policy AND a SW approved policy to hang a 4" X 6" sign under the closed door of the bulkhead OHB, that reads:

"FOR FLIGHT ATTENDANT USE ONLY"

Has anyone seen such a sign?

Last edited by spineangel; May 7, 2011 at 10:19 pm Reason: grammar
Old May 7, 2011, 10:27 pm
Original Poster

So To my dismay, the FA excessive joke thread got hijacked ...

... and was renamed a "food fight thread". I am sorry that another FT poster has issues with a WN flight attendant over her carryon bag, but it should have gone to another thread.

No one has been able to tell me why WN FA's couldn't limit themselves to just one or two jokes during the safety briefing and perhaps another one when the plane lands.

Many people disagreed with me and thought that after 5 or 6 jokes from the FA in the early morning, I should not have come back with a joke of my own relating to the aircraft that had a panel rip open (it is the OP in the food fight thread). These posters tended to speak to the joke itself (and myself as a person) instead of the real broader issue.

In an effort to keep it civil, I apologize for previously offending some people posting here.

Now, can anyone explain the following:

1) Why do so many WN FAs feel the need to be so over the top when it come to their repeated attempts at inflight humor?

2) Why was this issue so polarizing? To quote an earlier poster, I "opened Pandora's Box" with the earlier thread. Opinions were as visceral as any I have seen here, to the point where WN FA's thought it was OK to launch personal attacks on multiple posters. And some of them responding in kind.
Old May 7, 2011, 11:04 pm

Programs: WN, A-List, Hertz 5-Star Gold, Hilton Diamond
Yes....but not on a regular basis....
Old May 8, 2011, 1:43 am
Original Poster

Dissatisfaction on the rise?

So is it just me, or is there a rising amount of dissatisfaction on these threads over various aspects of "WN-style" service?

From too many jokes (my peeve) to seat saving and other open seating problems to people jumping the boarding process to RR 2.0 complaints to FA's calling posters on FT all sorts of names to mods changing the name of a thread to "Food Fighting" (because that is what it reminded them of), does it seem like WN is having more issues than before?
Old May 8, 2011, 4:44 am

1). Well, they do deal with hundreds of people a day. Everyone's sense of humor is different. Some love their attempts at humor, some don't. In addition, if you think about, most people flying are on their once a year flight. That can be very stressful if your not use to it. Then add in kids traveling, trying to find seats together, overhead bin space, etc. They are just trying to relax everyone I believe to make it an enjoyable flight. I could be wrong.

2). Why was it so polarizing? Who knows but it only takes one reply to set one person off, then someone replies to that person and then the thread takes off from there. It is just human nature I believe. With that said, some just do it for fun to see what type of reaction they will get.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.