Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Official Peanut Gallery Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2011, 4:10 pm

Programs: CO-PLT,Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Silver, AA ex Platinum, Avis 1st
Originally Posted by InkUnderNails
Agreed!

Despite an opposing view above a WN NS beats a connect anywhere, all else being even.

Even a WN one stop direct beats a connect anywhere.

Heck, a WN direct with TWO stops beats a connect in DFW, CLT, ORD, DTW, IAH, EWR, CVG, MSP and others.

And almost every WN connection in the smaller airports beats any connection in the cities above.
All true.... EXCEPT hitchhiking
Old May 19, 2011, 6:24 am

Programs: CO-PLT,Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Silver, AA ex Platinum, Avis 1st
Originally Posted by ILovetheReds
I took my first flight on Southwest yesterday. I moved to MSP from Cinci where SWA didn't have service, several months ago. I had to fly to PHX on short notice, and only middle seats were available on Delta when I looked at flights on Sunday, and even with the middle seat credit that Delta provides, I decided to give SWA a shot on business select to avoid a middle seat on that long of a flight.

Aside from having to fly out of Terminal 2, instead of 1 at MSP and having no services like wifi or IFE system on the flight, it wasn't too bad,. The flight attendant was great and I got a coffee refill at least every hour. In Y on Delta, you get one service on that flight, and possibly a refill if you catch the FA at the right time.

I sat in an aisle seat in row 9. Someone in my office that likes SWA told me that the second attendant usually starts her service with row 9 and that was a good row to sit in if the exit row isn't available. No one took the middle seat and I had a very bizarre person sitting in the window seat.

I fly about 120 segments a year and had behavior I have never witnessed before on a flight. The lady put a newspaper down on the middle seat and pulled out a pair of nailclippers from her purse and started to clip her toenails. She took the newspaper and instead of wadding it up and waiting for the trash service, emptied the toe nail clippings in her empty orange juice cup and wrapped the cup in the newspaper and put it on the middle seat until the FA collected trash.

I found this behavior disgusting and am not sure if the flight attendant would have done anything if I reported it or not. I discussed this with someone at the office yesterday and was told this is typical behavior from a SWA passenger.

I was under the impression that toenail clippers were a safety hazard and couldn't be carried through security. I have seen TSA confiscate nail clippers in the past at CVG.
Typical..... And what else would you expect from hillbillies?
Old May 19, 2011, 8:08 am
Suspended

When you fly cheap, you get cheap. That's what you get on LCC's..."LCP" (Low cost people).

Honestly, I have seen much worse on WN, from in-seat diaper changing to booger eating (by adults), to "no shirt/no shoes" folks.

It happens on any airline, but the classes usually cannot afford Legacy fares. That's the egalitarian effect of WN.
Old May 19, 2011, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by ILovetheReds
I took my first flight on Southwest yesterday. I moved to MSP from Cinci where SWA didn't have service, several months ago. I had to fly to PHX on short notice, and only middle seats were available on Delta when I looked at flights on Sunday, and even with the middle seat credit that Delta provides, I decided to give SWA a shot on business select to avoid a middle seat on that long of a flight.

Aside from having to fly out of Terminal 2, instead of 1 at MSP and having no services like wifi or IFE system on the flight, it wasn't too bad,. The flight attendant was great and I got a coffee refill at least every hour. In Y on Delta, you get one service on that flight, and possibly a refill if you catch the FA at the right time.

I sat in an aisle seat in row 9. Someone in my office that likes SWA told me that the second attendant usually starts her service with row 9 and that was a good row to sit in if the exit row isn't available. No one took the middle seat and I had a very bizarre person sitting in the window seat.

I fly about 120 segments a year and had behavior I have never witnessed before on a flight. The lady put a newspaper down on the middle seat and pulled out a pair of nailclippers from her purse and started to clip her toenails. She took the newspaper and instead of wadding it up and waiting for the trash service, emptied the toe nail clippings in her empty orange juice cup and wrapped the cup in the newspaper and put it on the middle seat until the FA collected trash.

I found this behavior disgusting and am not sure if the flight attendant would have done anything if I reported it or not. I discussed this with someone at the office yesterday and was told this is typical behavior from a SWA passenger.

I was under the impression that toenail clippers were a safety hazard and couldn't be carried through security. I have seen TSA confiscate nail clippers in the past at CVG.
Typical activity from ALL those "business" travelers.....
Old May 19, 2011, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by pinworm
When you fly cheap, you get cheap. That's what you get on LCC's..."LCP" (Low cost people).

Honestly, I have seen much worse on WN, from in-seat diaper changing to booger eating (by adults), to "no shirt/no shoes" folks.

It happens on any airline, but the classes usually cannot afford Legacy fares. That's the egalitarian effect of WN.
The thing is WN is far from the cheapest carriers in a lot of cases.

I can't believe a gate agent would allow someone to board with no shirts and shoes.

In first class in Delta I have seen people take off their shoes and put their barefeet up on the wall and I have seen people take their shoes off and put their feet (both bare and with shoes on) on furniture in the skyclubs, so classless behavior isn't limited to just WN.
Old May 19, 2011, 9:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I never see any of the aforementioned behaviors on United or American. It just never happens because those two airlines are higher-class than the others.

I heard a hillbilly tried to fly American once and they Rule 240'd him over to Delta.
Old May 19, 2011, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by spineangel
Typical activity from ALL those "business" travelers.....
But weren't you complaing earlier that WN is not the cheapest. So I guess this is the high yield passengers you were talking about
Old May 19, 2011, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by pinniped
I never see any of the aforementioned behaviors on United or American. It just never happens because those two airlines are higher-class than the others.

I heard a hillbilly tried to fly American once and they Rule 240'd him over to Delta.
Please about every third flight you will see a shoeless foot on a FC bulkhead on AA
Old May 19, 2011, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,

You need to check out the AA board then. After reading a couple responses on this thread from an AA poster last night about feet on the wall< I went over there and read that thread. Appears that it isn't only common there, but some American Airlines flyers claim to do it in their homes as well. I am just glad none of those posters are visitors in my house.
Old May 19, 2011, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
You need to check out the AA board then. After reading a couple responses on this thread from an AA poster last night about feet on the wall< I went over there and read that thread. Appears that it isn't only common there, but some American Airlines flyers claim to do it in their homes as well. I am just glad none of those posters are visitors in my house.
I think you missed the sarcasm in pinniped's post.
Old May 19, 2011, 1:20 pm

Just got an e-mail from SEA sis who is awaiting departure: No wifi. Full flight. Crying babies.

She takes WN for leisure (MDW just a few miles from ma's house) and UA for business. Let us just say she says a world of difference between passengers on those two carriers

Met sis, good news and bad news. Good news was the screaming kid actually quieted down after take off but she said some poor middle seat passenger was stuck between one woman approaching 500 pounds and another that looked to be around 325. Plane 100% full.

Last edited by OzzyOzzie; May 19, 2011 at 7:06 pm Reason: Update
Old May 19, 2011, 2:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Those aren't real AA fliers. They're WN plants to make it appear that the clientele on pretty much all airlines anymore is the same. We all know that isn't true.

On the bright side, getting through a WN checkpoint is much faster since so few WN fliers even own shoes. As long as people have trained their chickens and goats to walk through the metal detector when directed, things are pretty smooth. The AA checkpoints are always slowed down with people forgetting to take off their Rolexes, people carrying large amounts of gold bullion, etc.
Old May 19, 2011, 3:32 pm

Programs: Mosaic 2, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Premium Cabin free agent
Those aren't real AA fliers. They're WN plants to make it appear that the clientele on pretty much all airlines anymore is the same. We all know that isn't true.

On the bright side, getting through a WN checkpoint is much faster since so few WN fliers even own shoes. As long as people have trained their chickens and goats to walk through the metal detector when directed, things are pretty smooth. The AA checkpoints are always slowed down with people forgetting to take off their Rolexes, people carrying large amounts of gold bullion, etc.
In order to afford a WN flight now you would have to sell the farm so no money for shoes I think those folks chose wisely. Fresh goat cheese and chicken eggs will provide sustenance. You can't exactly check your farm into baggage claim anyways. I think that this would be a good way for WN to start offering food on their flights. They could call it the Farm Fresh Menu and maybe the FA's could wear little chicken head shaped hats when it is serving time with embroidered plaid Farm Fresh aprons when they start serving. On a side note anyone else think it's a bit ironic that this thread is called the food fighting thread when the airline itself doesn't serve food on its flights? I guess we could be throwing pretzels, honey roasted peanuts and monster energy drinks but that's not exactly food.
Old May 19, 2011, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by MrMan
But weren't you complaing earlier that WN is not the cheapest. So I guess this is the high yield passengers you were talking about
Sorry.... I was being sarcastic to some of the FT SW loyalists that insist SW is the "business" travelers airline of choice.
Old May 19, 2011, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by UnitedEF
In order to afford a WN flight now you would have to sell the farm so no money for shoes I think those folks chose wisely. Fresh goat cheese and chicken eggs will provide sustenance. You can't exactly check your farm into baggage claim anyways. I think that this would be a good way for WN to start offering food on their flights. They could call it the Farm Fresh Menu and maybe the FA's could wear little chicken head shaped hats when it is serving time with embroidered plaid Farm Fresh aprons when they start serving. On a side note anyone else think it's a bit ironic that this thread is called the food fighting thread when the airline itself doesn't serve food on its flights? I guess we could be throwing pretzels, honey roasted peanuts and monster energy drinks but that's not exactly food.
You can't get the monster drinks anymore with valid "non-expired" drink coupons. Remember the great SW changed their mind on that. They were just kidding when they sold those to you as part of a BS ticket in the past. The next thing they will do, is start coming down the row after you board and say they were just kidding about the bags fly free, and demand $25 a bag if you checked it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.