Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Official Peanut Gallery Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2021, 11:48 am

Programs: Dividend Miles, WorldPerks
Originally Posted by pilsn3r
Then stop talking/writing and prove your scientific data, don't wear a mask at any time no matter the law. Fight the power! Go maskless on a plane or any other federal place or even private business that requires a mask. Stand up for your beliefs and stop cowering. Then post links to prove yourself going maskless.
Huh? You need to take a break from the internet today.
m907 likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2021, 11:53 am

Programs: Dividend Miles, WorldPerks
Originally Posted by screeton
Do you think that people are pushing the mask agenda because they really enjoy wearing masks and want everyone else to also enjoy it? Its a shame that common sense is no longer common, in some cases it seems almost extinct. If everyone in the USA had decided to wear masks initially, we would already be back to something at least closer to normal. Look for yourself... for one example, Google the covid death rate in Taiwan and the infection rate in Taiwan versus the death rate and infection rate in the USA. How do you account for the huge percentage differences? Do you really think that resisting the mask agenda has been worth that cost? There is one more thing just as certain as taxes and death... stupidity.
We went round and round nearly a year ago and frankly, I am just asking you to see through the drama and propaganda and have YOU use some common sense. Hurling out insults when discussing when, if ever, the mask mandate will end on planes is quite a valid discussion. It needs to be approached in a scientific and calculated manor...I am just questioning the risk tolerance of very vocal people like yourself to ever feel safe leaving your house again.
m907 likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2021, 12:01 pm

Beginning Tuesday, masks will be required on all forms of public transport and inside all transportation hubs.

Edit: [How sad is it that this declarative statement is somehow "controversial"?!]
screeton and steved5480 like this.

Last edited by ursine1; Jan 30, 2021 at 12:15 pm Reason: Comment moved by moderator
Old Jan 30, 2021, 3:17 pm

CDC Issues a Mask Mandate for all Conveyances.

https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/masks...-guidance.html

Note the CDC mandate exempts people with disabilities that prevent them from wearing a mask and refers to the ADA. I wonder if that will require Southwest to honor fake doctors notes?

Just as we have finally gotten rid of the fake service animals those unemployed in that industry can now switch over to the fake I’m disabled and can’t wear a mask industry.

Southwest Airlines had banned anyone who won’t wear a mask. I think this will force them to carry those with fake Doctors notes.

This will probably get moved to the Peanut Gallery but I though it to be of interest.
Old Jan 30, 2021, 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112
https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/masks...-guidance.html

Note the CDC mandate exempts people with disabilities that prevent them from wearing a mask and refers to the ADA.
Old Jan 30, 2021, 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by LegalTender
I remain skeptical it will be effective unless the CDC lists those actual conditions which apply even then confirming the conditions will be difficult for airline staff.
I'm much more comfortable with Southwest's total ban on non-masked people.
Old Jan 30, 2021, 11:49 pm

Programs: WN A+, AS MVP, UA 1P
For what it's worth, the ADA does not apply to commercial air travel. That's governed by the Air Carrier Access Act.
screeton and synergistic like this.
Old Jan 31, 2021, 1:42 am

This is not a mandate, it's a suggestion. The unelected bureaucrats of the CDC do not make laws.
Silver Fox, SSF556, msp3 and 1 others like this.
Old Jan 31, 2021, 4:58 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by m907
This is not a mandate, it's a suggestion. The unelected bureaucrats of the CDC do not make laws.
Are you sure? According to Reuters,
the CDC order will make not wearing a mask a violation of federal law
Old Jan 31, 2021, 5:37 am

Programs: BA Gold, TP Gold, VS Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by m907
The wording

ORDER UNDER SECTION 361 OF THE PUBLIC HEALTH SERVICE ACT (42 U.S.C.264) AND 42 CODE OF FEDERAL HEALTH REGULATIONS 70.2, 71.31(b), 71.32(b)
would suggest that it is more than a 'suggestion'. It is possible that you did not familiarise yourself with the particular details of the announcement before posting your opinion.

To the extent that the CDC have not 'made law', but have issued an order under existing health protection law(s) the second part of your post is more accurate
Old Jan 31, 2021, 6:29 am
Suspended

They aren’t forcing me to do crap. Being vaccinated, they can shove it, to put it politely.

I’ll just hold a cup when walking around.

It astounds me that y’all all (most) allow government and government related agencies to keep moving the goal posts in the ‘name of safety’. When will it end?
DesertNomad, SSF556 and m907 like this.
Old Jan 31, 2021, 9:36 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
This really isn't a WN issue and the Mods will hopefully move it to the C-19 board where it belongs, hopefully before it turns into OMNI-land.

Does not appear that many here have read the Order. If one reads the Order:
1. It is not a "suggestion." Violations are punishable by significant civil and criminal penalties.
2. State and local governments are free to impose stricter requirements.
3. Carriers are free to impose stricter requirements.

Thus, for purposes of WN, which has no exemptions, there are no exemptions.
screeton and steved5480 like this.
Old Jan 31, 2021, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by Often1

Thus, for purposes of WN, which has no exemptions, there are no exemptions.
If you're unconscious, there's an exemption.

GK was forthcoming on mask mandates:

"I don't agree with mandating masks for airline travel and singling it out. I think if we're going to mandate masks, let's mandate masks everywhere."
Got his wish.
steved5480 likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2021, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FriscoHeavy
Being vaccinated
None of the vaccines protect your from being a Covid-19 carrier. They only protect you from you being infected yourself, which is only detectable a few days after Covid-19 gets into your system.

So not wearing masks after getting a vaccine but before most other people have gotten the vaccine is not very considerate of other people.

The purpose of masks is not just to protect you but also to protect the people around you, and you getting vaccine doesn't erase that purpose.
D582 likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2021, 12:29 pm

Programs: DL,EK
Fortunately, they can't mandate anything in private automobiles or aircraft.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.