Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Official Peanut Gallery Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2021, 12:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Correct. And that is the solution for those who wish to travel and not mask up. The rhetoric about being "forced" to do anything is overblown.
ursine1 and steved5480 like this.
Old Jan 31, 2021, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by FlyEndeavorAir
In reply to that post by ursine1, WN's quality of FA's went downhill after the AirTran merger. Went from the quirky Texas hospitality airline to Corporate America Airlines,
WN already had plenty of bad apples before the AirTran merger
Old Jan 31, 2021, 1:05 pm

"Beginning Tuesday, masks will be required on all forms of public transport and inside all transportation hubs."
Old Jan 31, 2021, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by FlyEndeavorAir
In reply to that post by ursine1, WN's quality of FA's went downhill after the AirTran merger. Went from the quirky Texas hospitality airline to Corporate America Airlines,
You're wrong.
Old Jan 31, 2021, 1:18 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
Anyone but me shocked that this wasn't mandated a long time ago? Subways, buses and trains were optional before this?

I confess I really don't follow the news closely or take public transport or even think masks work having contracted it despite my once every 2 weeks BJ's visit (masked), the extent of my public exposures).
Doppy likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2021, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FriscoHeavy
It astounds me that y’all all (most) allow government and government related agencies to keep moving the goal posts in the ‘name of safety’. When will it end?
In general I don't like moving goalposts, but our understanding of the virus improves every day, and the virus has at least two significant mutations circulating, one of which is 50% more virulent, and the other that seems to enable reinfection of previously infected people and for which the vaccines are less effective.

Do you just keep doing the same thing in whatever line of business you're in because that's the way you've always done it, or do you adapt to new market conditions as they arise?

On the issue of wearing masks generally, personally all it took for me was a short adjustment period. Now it's at most an extremely minor inconvenience. It's all in your mindset, and if you've decided to make a thing about it, then it will be a thing for you. That's your choice.

There are some men used to wearing ties to work every day, and others who rarely wear a tie and end up fidgeting it all day when they do have to wear one, loosening or taking it off with a flourish when they get the chance. Good for them. I put a tie on and forget about it until the end of the day. Would I prefer to not wear a tie? Probably yes, but it's the price of doing business in some sectors. Wearing a mask when you're in close indoor quarters with others is the price one pays for saving lives and ending the pandemic sooner.
Old Jan 31, 2021, 2:57 pm

I posted that screenshot just because I happened to see it around the time the conversation in this thread was getting correspondingly ridiculous.

[Wow. I had no idea I was so controversial.]

Last edited by ursine1; Jan 31, 2021 at 4:06 pm Reason: post moved by moderator
Old Jan 31, 2021, 3:32 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by fly747first
WN already had plenty of bad apples before the AirTran merger
Eh I guess I didn't see them, but my WN flying didn't really ramp up until after they merged with AirTran.
Old Jan 31, 2021, 3:33 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112
You're wrong.
Cite? Because IME my post is correct. So far after the merger I've had more cases of un-smiling nasty FA's than I have singing or in flight game playing ones.
Old Jan 31, 2021, 5:52 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Originally Posted by DesertNomad
Fortunately, they can't mandate anything in private automobiles or aircraft.
... yet.
Old Feb 1, 2021, 3:23 am

Originally Posted by Doppy
In general I don't like moving goalposts, but our understanding of the virus improves every day, and the virus has at least two significant mutations circulating, one of which is 50% more virulent, and the other that seems to enable reinfection of previously infected people and for which the vaccines are less effective.

Do you just keep doing the same thing in whatever line of business you're in because that's the way you've always done it, or do you adapt to new market conditions as they arise?

On the issue of wearing masks generally, personally all it took for me was a short adjustment period. Now it's at most an extremely minor inconvenience. It's all in your mindset, and if you've decided to make a thing about it, then it will be a thing for you. That's your choice.

There are some men used to wearing ties to work every day, and others who rarely wear a tie and end up fidgeting it all day when they do have to wear one, loosening or taking it off with a flourish when they get the chance. Good for them. I put a tie on and forget about it until the end of the day. Would I prefer to not wear a tie? Probably yes, but it's the price of doing business in some sectors. Wearing a mask when you're in close indoor quarters with others is the price one pays for saving lives and ending the pandemic sooner.
That's where you're naive. This is never going to end, as evidenced by frightened people on this very thread arguing for masks even after the vaccine.

This doesn't end until people say enough is enough. Until then, blue state politicians and federal bureaucrats will seize as much power as they can get away with.
Old Feb 1, 2021, 7:17 am

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
Sigh....
screeton, ursine1 and synergistic like this.
Old Feb 1, 2021, 7:49 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
A pity that a useful thread which corrected misinformation and provides the text of the Order has to turn into an OMNI/PR debate which belongs in OMNI/PR.
screeton, ursine1 and steved5480 like this.
Old Feb 1, 2021, 10:54 am

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Originally Posted by m907
This is never going to end, as evidenced by frightened people on this very thread arguing for masks even after the vaccine.
Yup- every now and then I'll see some goofball wearing a face-shield and a mask all alone in their cars. I guarantee you this time next year there'll still be people doing it!
Old Feb 1, 2021, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by kennycrudup
Yup- every now and then I'll see some goofball wearing a face-shield and a mask all alone in their cars. I guarantee you this time next year there'll still be people doing it!
You might have seen my goofy father, who puts on his mask and shield in the car before going into his radiation appointment and leaves them on until he gets home and can get cleaned up afterwards. I'm sorry his precautions cause you such distress!
smmrfld, lougord99 and screeton like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.