Sixt - Any Questions?

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2011, 11:01 am
Company Representative - Sixt
Original Poster

Programs: www.sixtblog.co.uk; http://www.facebook.com/sixtrentacaruk
Originally Posted by Scotsguy
Hi Gary
I am looking to hire a car (ECMR) at Barcelona Airport for two weeks in July.
Sixt are quoting £450 GBP against Holiday Autos £305, I would have thought in the current financial climate that Sixt's pricing would be a bit more competative ?

Regards

SG

Please bear in mind and read carefully the brokers terms and conditions which may differ when booking direct with Sixt.

For example. Spain rentals through a wholesaler you may need pre paid fuel as mandatory.

When booking with Sixt direct pre paid fuel is entirely your choice. And on broker rates you will not earn your partner bonus.

Who is the supplier of the vehicle through Holiday Autos?
Old May 23, 2011, 11:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by raiz
Currently have a IDMR class vehicle reserved in BCN. Vehicle sample stated as BMW 1 series and Audi A3. Wondering if anyone aware of other car types as part of this group. Main concern is adequate luggage space and rear-seat comfort. Don't have any experience with either of the stated models, but thinking A3 may be better suited as it is a 4 door while the 1 series comes only as a coupe. Any advice greatly appreciated.

If you are concerned about luggage space then I would consider to book a larger vehicle. What is your reservation number, please PM or e-mail [email protected]
Old May 23, 2011, 2:54 pm

Hi Gary. Before i post my question, just wanted to thank you for all your assistance on this board.

I'm looking to rent a car from Dusseldorf airport for a weekend, August 5th-7th inclusive. The CLMR rate I see is approximately 104 Euros, all in. This seems a little steep to me, but as I have only rented a car in Europe once before, I thought I would check with you and see if this is really the case.

Thanks !
Old May 23, 2011, 11:24 pm

Sixt in USA

I see Sixt now lists locations in most USA Airports and per the site they are renting European cars in Florida - but when I try some other airports, I receive a message that nothing is available. Does Sixt actually have a branch in Atlanta, and if so, do they offer European cars as they do in Florida?
Old May 24, 2011, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by Gary Coughlan
Please bear in mind and read carefully the brokers terms and conditions which may differ when booking direct with Sixt.

For example. Spain rentals through a wholesaler you may need pre paid fuel as mandatory.

When booking with Sixt direct pre paid fuel is entirely your choice. And on broker rates you will not earn your partner bonus.

Who is the supplier of the vehicle through Holiday Autos?
Thanks for the reply Gary, I think the supplier may be 'Sol-mar' but I'm not 100% sure.
Old May 25, 2011, 2:21 pm

Just joined this forum after reading bad reviews about the hire company I HAD booked and great reviews about Sixt.

I'm impressed that Sixt representatives come on here and quickly try to answer any problems or queries.

And ... my point is ...

I have a few questions.

The 2 options for payment on the Sixt website are of course Pay now and Pay later when you pick up the vehicle.

If I choose the pay now option will my CC be debited now for the rental period AND the excess deposit ..or... just for the rental period charge and a hold placed on the other funds as I collect the vehicle?

I understand that under the "pay later" option, a hold is placed on the CC funds needed for the rental period AND the excess and then the funds are actually TAKEN when the vehicle is returned is that right?

Also
A couple of differences on the web site re payments ...

The FAQ says :

" How do I pay for the vehicle?
All major international Credit Cards - such as American Express, Diners Club, Eurocard/Mastercard and Visa - are accepted. Switch, British Maestro and Visa Delta Debit Cards are accepted. All other Debit Cards are not accepted. Cash Payment is not accepted. Sixt CarExpress Servicecard are only accepted in combination with a valid Credit Card."

Bold is my highlite

And the T&C says

"7.2 If you are a consumer, and you wish to pay us in cash, we will ask
you for the damage deposit amount shown on the front of this contract .......... "

Could Gary or anyone help me with these please ?

Thanks
Old May 26, 2011, 5:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by petewibb
Just joined this forum after reading bad reviews about the hire company I HAD booked and great reviews about Sixt.

I'm impressed that Sixt representatives come on here and quickly try to answer any problems or queries.

And ... my point is ...

I have a few questions.

The 2 options for payment on the Sixt website are of course Pay now and Pay later when you pick up the vehicle.

If I choose the pay now option will my CC be debited now for the rental period AND the excess deposit ..or... just for the rental period charge and a hold placed on the other funds as I collect the vehicle?

I understand that under the "pay later" option, a hold is placed on the CC funds needed for the rental period AND the excess and then the funds are actually TAKEN when the vehicle is returned is that right?

Also
A couple of differences on the web site re payments ...

The FAQ says :

" How do I pay for the vehicle?
All major international Credit Cards - such as American Express, Diners Club, Eurocard/Mastercard and Visa - are accepted. Switch, British Maestro and Visa Delta Debit Cards are accepted. All other Debit Cards are not accepted. Cash Payment is not accepted. Sixt CarExpress Servicecard are only accepted in combination with a valid Credit Card."

Bold is my highlite

And the T&C says

"7.2 If you are a consumer, and you wish to pay us in cash, we will ask
you for the damage deposit amount shown on the front of this contract .......... "

Could Gary or anyone help me with these please ?

Thanks

Hi Petewibb,

Pre paid - "Pay now" Upon reservation our system automatically requests an approval for the sum of the estimated price of the rental. Within 24 hours the amount is charged to the credit card. If the approval requests fails then the customer does not receive a confirmation.

On collection of the vehicle, we obtain an approval to cover the extras, amendments fees, extra days fuel etc.

Flexi Rent "Pay later" At the start of the rental an approval is obtained to ensure funds are available to pay for the rental. When the vehicle is checked in an invoice is automatically raised and the credit card is charged.

Please note are pre paid Terms and conditions are different for the two products. For pre paid we do not currently accept any debit card as payment. When completing the pre paid reservation, during the process you are required to read the special conditions.

Conditions of Payment
Flexi Tariff
We accept all credit cards from internationally recognised credit card companies - such as American Express, Diners Club, Eurocard/Mastercard, Visa.
Switch, british Maestro und Visa Delta Debit Cards are accepted. All other Debit Cards and prepaid cards are not accepted.

Prepaid Tariff
The following credit cards are accepted: Eurocard/Mastercard, AmericanExpress Card, VISA Card, Diners Card. We do not accept any prepaid cards or debit cards (Visa Electron).
The renter must be the owner of the indicated credit card. The authorised driver details and method of payment will be confirmed at reservation stage and cannot be amended. The confirmed credit card should be valid and available for presentation on collection of the vehicle. All extra costs that occur during the car rental will be charged to this credit card.
By booking a prepaid rate, the credit card will be charged before the start of rental, directly with the estimated total amount of rental. The amount that will be charged on your credit card comprises the price of the rental as well as all additional extra fees.
The rental charge (plus any other charges agreed, e.g. exemptions from liability, delivery charges, airport charges etc.) plus Value Added Tax in the statutory amount applicable from time to time must, as a matter of principle, be paid in full for the agreed rental period, i.e. if the vehicle is collected late or returned early there shall be no refund.

We do not accept cash payment for online reservations or reservations booked through our call centre. We do not normally allow any cash payment to pay for the basic rental.
We are in the process of reviewing our General Terms and Conditions to ensure that the information is both up to date and clear. I will pass on your feedback regarding the cash payment to our Operations Manager.

I hope the above answers your points but should you require any further information, please post.
Old May 27, 2011, 3:03 pm

5 seater car

Hi Gray,
My problem is actually is not your problem, however I am sure that you can help.. I have made a prepaid rental for a 5- seater car category ( VW touran/ pegoute 5008/ merceds Benz B klass) , the rental will be next July for 8 days and the pick up is from Munich city center. My problem is I am traveling with my wife, her parents and 2 little kids which will be 6 persons. I have had a look on the 3 models on the Internet and found that 2 of them are supported by 2 auxiliary seats at the back big bag so I moved forward and did the reservation. Then asking the customer service about those seats they mentioned that the majority of those car type is originally delivered with 5 seats only and the ones with those 2 auxiliary seats are subject to availability. They never gave me a word that they can avail a car with the 2 auxiliary seats for granted even if I pay extra money at pickup.
My problem is that the other one of 7 seats is too expensive almost double the price also if I change or cancel there will be lots of fees for the prepaid payment. I know it is my mistake to proceed without checking but I already did. It is now more than a month earlier than my rental , is there anything that you can do to help with the branch to try availing such car for me?

Also a second small question, I've read through the threads something about crossing borders.. I intend to go from Munich to Salzburg then back to Frankfurt where I will dropp of the car.. Is there any problem crossing the borders with this car?
Old May 28, 2011, 6:53 pm

Programs: QF,US,ANA
Sixt convertible type in Miami ?

I recently booked what I thought was a Mustang convertible at MIA in mid June direct from the sixt website. On the website the car photo is a Mustang but when you read the text it states it may be a sebring ,mustang or camero .

Can anyone tell me which model Sixt have at MIA ? and if I will get a Mustang ?
Old May 31, 2011, 3:30 am
Company Representative

Originally Posted by ww88ww
I see Sixt now lists locations in most USA Airports and per the site they are renting European cars in Florida - but when I try some other airports, I receive a message that nothing is available. Does Sixt actually have a branch in Atlanta, and if so, do they offer European cars as they do in Florida?
Hi ww88ww,
We do have a location at Atlanta Airport which is bookable on-line through the Sixt website. At certain times of the year there maybe dates that are no longer available due to the high demand of rental vehicles such as the summer holiday period.
In the US we provide a range of vehicle groups which have a variety of makes and models. Unfortunately we are unable to confirm the make and model however it is possible to make a request at time of booking.
Kind Regards,
Marie
Old May 31, 2011, 3:36 am
Company Representative

Originally Posted by ianp
I recently booked what I thought was a Mustang convertible at MIA in mid June direct from the sixt website. On the website the car photo is a Mustang but when you read the text it states it may be a sebring ,mustang or camero .

Can anyone tell me which model Sixt have at MIA ? and if I will get a Mustang ?
Hi ianp,
At Miami Airport the Ford Mustang is also in the category of a Chrysler Sebring, Chevrolet Camaro or similar. We are unable to confirm the make and model which would be available on the day however if you would like to e-mail me your reservation number to [email protected] I would be happy to request the Ford Mustang for you.
Kind Regards,
Marie
Old May 31, 2011, 4:28 am
Company Representative

Originally Posted by ElRegaily
Hi Gray,
My problem is actually is not your problem, however I am sure that you can help.. I have made a prepaid rental for a 5- seater car category ( VW touran/ pegoute 5008/ merceds Benz B klass) , the rental will be next July for 8 days and the pick up is from Munich city center. My problem is I am traveling with my wife, her parents and 2 little kids which will be 6 persons. I have had a look on the 3 models on the Internet and found that 2 of them are supported by 2 auxiliary seats at the back big bag so I moved forward and did the reservation. Then asking the customer service about those seats they mentioned that the majority of those car type is originally delivered with 5 seats only and the ones with those 2 auxiliary seats are subject to availability. They never gave me a word that they can avail a car with the 2 auxiliary seats for granted even if I pay extra money at pickup.
My problem is that the other one of 7 seats is too expensive almost double the price also if I change or cancel there will be lots of fees for the prepaid payment. I know it is my mistake to proceed without checking but I already did. It is now more than a month earlier than my rental , is there anything that you can do to help with the branch to try availing such car for me?

Also a second small question, I've read through the threads something about crossing borders.. I intend to go from Munich to Salzburg then back to Frankfurt where I will dropp of the car.. Is there any problem crossing the borders with this car?

Hi ElRegaily,

There is no cross border fee to travel in Austria when hiring in Germany as long as the vehicle was returned back to the Germany. The terms and conditions state:
Cross Border Rentals are allowed to the following countries:
Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Great Britain, Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, San Marino, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Vatikan City.
Cross Border Rentals are allowed to the following countries but not with Audi, BMW, Mercedes-Benz, VW, Porsche, Jaguar and all Jeeps/Offroader:
Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Slovakia, Slovenia.
It is allowed to enter the last-mentioned countries with all vehicles of car groups IVMR, SVMR and FVMR (including Mercedes-Benz B class, Mercedes-Benz Vito, Mercedes-Benz Viano) and vans. In case of offence against Cross Border & Territorial Restrictions all insurances lose their validity.

When reserving the rental vehicle on-line we advise of the number of seats in the vehicle and in the vehicle group including the VW Touran, Mercedes-Benz B-Klasse, Peugeot 5008 or similar we confirm the vehicle would have 5 seats. Certain vehicles in this category are fitted with 2 child seats in the boot space however in this vehicle group we do not confirm a 7 seater. It can be requested on your rental for a specific make and model but unfortunately we would be unable to to confirm this until collection.
If you would like to e-mail me your reservation number and I would be more than happy to look into this for you. My e-mail address is [email protected]

Kind Regards,
Marie
Old May 31, 2011, 4:31 am

Originally Posted by noreaga
Hi Gary. Before i post my question, just wanted to thank you for all your assistance on this board.

I'm looking to rent a car from Dusseldorf airport for a weekend, August 5th-7th inclusive. The CLMR rate I see is approximately 104 Euros, all in. This seems a little steep to me, but as I have only rented a car in Europe once before, I thought I would check with you and see if this is really the case.

Thanks !
Hi Noreaga

I hope you are well

My names Adam and I'm the reservations manager for Sixt in the UK

If you would like to email me the exact details of your request I will be happy to help and see what the best rate is which we can offer

Please email these details to [email protected]

Look forward to hearing from you

Adam
Old May 31, 2011, 6:43 am
Company Representative

Originally Posted by Marie White
Hi ElRegaily,

There is no cross border fee to travel in Austria when hiring in Germany as long as the vehicle was returned back to the Germany. The terms and conditions state:
Cross Border Rentals are allowed to the following countries:
Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Great Britain, Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, San Marino, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Vatikan City.
Cross Border Rentals are allowed to the following countries but not with Audi, BMW, Mercedes-Benz, VW, Porsche, Jaguar and all Jeeps/Offroader:
Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Slovakia, Slovenia.
It is allowed to enter the last-mentioned countries with all vehicles of car groups IVMR, SVMR and FVMR (including Mercedes-Benz B class, Mercedes-Benz Vito, Mercedes-Benz Viano) and vans. In case of offence against Cross Border & Territorial Restrictions all insurances lose their validity.

When reserving the rental vehicle on-line we advise of the number of seats in the vehicle and in the vehicle group including the VW Touran, Mercedes-Benz B-Klasse, Peugeot 5008 or similar we confirm the vehicle would have 5 seats. Certain vehicles in this category are fitted with 2 child seats in the boot space however in this vehicle group we do not confirm a 7 seater. It can be requested on your rental for a specific make and model but unfortunately we would be unable to to confirm this until collection.
If you would like to e-mail me your reservation number and I would be more than happy to look into this for you. My e-mail address is [email protected]

Kind Regards,
Marie
Hi ElRegaily,
I have since posting the above been provided your reservation from Gary at Sixt.
Your reservation has been booked as a 5 seater peoplecarrier and your request was noted on the rental for it to be the model with the additional 2 seats in the boot space.
The branch will do their best to accomodate your request however as we are unable to confirm the make and model I would suggest for you to amend your rental to a 7 seater which is next vehicle group up, SVMR to ensure there is enough room for all your family.
If you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me direct.

Kind Regards,
Marie
Old May 31, 2011, 1:06 pm

Hi Marie,
Thank you so much for your care, I just see that the 7 seat car is too much expensive for my budget , almost double the price of the 5 seat one. And I saw another offer from another company they offered a 7 seat car for 425 Euros, however I was already done with the prepay payment with you when I thought that the default car is the VW touran which was advertised everywhere with those 2 child seats. Also you make a very big cancelations fees
Actually all of this I don't care, I am happy dealing with you and I want to continue with you and also I trust you and sure that you will do your best to avail the required car. Again thank you so much

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.