Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sixt - Any Questions?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2011, 6:24 am

Originally Posted by Sabine Blasig
Hello
I just been in touch with the Branch Manager and that we have mainly BMW 5series on fleet and only a few Audi A6 2.7 and A6 3.0.
We have following BMW 5 series on fleet 525d,528i,530d and 535d. The most powerful car is the BMW 535d, but we can not guarantee that you will receive this specific model.

Best Regards
Sabine
Thanks Sabine. A few more questions haha! Now lets say I reserved a car in the LDAR group and when I got to Sixt's desk they offered me the 525i, now lets say they also had 535d, 530d, audi a6 3.0, would I be able to choose out of them? Do people usually ask to see what they have, or is it the 'take it or leave it' attitude.

Question for the both of you:

The Bmw's, the audi's etc are they the newest models? 2010 - onwards? Or can they be anything i.e 2006, 2005

Last edited by PraxxtorCruel; Mar 23, 2011 at 6:36 am
Old Mar 23, 2011, 8:30 am

this is a lot of half correct and half incorrect information here

1. Sixt definetly has 530d GT. if you dont believe that, mabye 6 of them at Dusseldorf airport maybe convincing.
2. a 525i does not exist. BMW simply doesnt make this kind of engine
3. LDAR consists of 525d, 530d, 535d, 528i and 535i. all these cars exist in the fleet.
4. you could also be getting LWAR, the 5series estate version with the same engines
5. if they give you a 525d and you see a 530d or higher in the parkhouse, you may ask to get one of them, but there is no need for the Rental agent to change the keys. you reserverd LDAR, this means you get at least a 6cylinder 5series
6. in LDAR with Sixt are ONLY BMW. there is no Audi A6 with 6 cyilnders in Germany since summer 2010
7. if you are upgraded to a 7series, you are not breaking T&C. It is actually Sixt who is in breach with there own T&C. this is not your problem. you can obsivously drive the car, if they give you the key.
Old Mar 23, 2011, 8:58 am
Company Representative - Sixt

Hilton Points- Update

Hello Everyone,

our Head office in Germany advised today that Hilton applies the points only a month which would is generally on the 5th of the month.

If the rental the rental offhired on the 06. of the month then the customer will not receive her/his points until the month after. Please understand this is not Sixt handling but the way the partner handles the points.

The points are automatically processed when the rental is terminated from Sixt if your membership number has been supplied at start of rental or at time of reservation, after this the point allocation and speed of is outside of our control.

Many Thanks
Sabine
Old Mar 23, 2011, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by sixtisbest
this is a lot of half correct and half incorrect information here

1. Sixt definetly has 530d GT. if you dont believe that, mabye 6 of them at Dusseldorf airport maybe convincing.
2. a 525i does not exist. BMW simply doesnt make this kind of engine
3. LDAR consists of 525d, 530d, 535d, 528i and 535i. all these cars exist in the fleet.
4. you could also be getting LWAR, the 5series estate version with the same engines
5. if they give you a 525d and you see a 530d or higher in the parkhouse, you may ask to get one of them, but there is no need for the Rental agent to change the keys. you reserverd LDAR, this means you get at least a 6cylinder 5series
6. in LDAR with Sixt are ONLY BMW. there is no Audi A6 with 6 cyilnders in Germany since summer 2010
7. if you are upgraded to a 7series, you are not breaking T&C. It is actually Sixt who is in breach with there own T&C. this is not your problem. you can obsivously drive the car, if they give you the key.
Yahoo, I love the GT . Did you ever get to drive one, how was it? Aww 7 Series would be lovely, but I'm not gonna say that 'I wish I was older' because before I know it I'll be an old man and wish I was younger :P. Strange I also noticed car hire in dusseldorf is actually cheaper than Frankfurt.

Last edited by PraxxtorCruel; Mar 23, 2011 at 9:46 am
Old Mar 23, 2011, 9:48 am

Might be a stupid question, but when heading over to Sixt, what do I need to show them? Obviously first thing would be the credit/debit card and the reservation No and my drivers licence., but do I need anything else? Does the card have to be in my name?
Old Mar 23, 2011, 9:56 am

an ID or passport is necessary as well.

the person whos credit card is charged has to be standing in front of the rental agent.

the 5series GT drives more like a 7series and the inside actually feels even more like a 7series. but chances are still quite low that you get one.
nevertheless, if you write it in the comment field, you may get lucky
Old Mar 23, 2011, 10:07 am

an ID or passport is necessary as well.

the person whos credit card is charged has to be standing in front of the rental agent.

the 5series GT drives more like a 7series and the inside actually feels even more like a 7series. but chances are still quite low that you get one.
nevertheless, if you write it in the comment field, you may get lucky
Thank you for the information and yeah that's exactly why I love the GT. Do you rent through sixt.de or through sixt.co.uk as they charge very different prices except that UK based sixt give unlimited kilometres. For example 10 days GT hire at UK web sixt is about £700 with unlimited mileage whilst going through German sixt website you can get it for around £380 but its limited to 3000km which is still quite alot.

Heh, which sixt base would you recommend hiring from to get a higher chance of the GT, reason I chose frankfurt is correct me if I'm wrong but I believe it is the largest airport in Germany.

Thank you
Old Mar 23, 2011, 10:14 am

FRA is the largest airport, but MUC has the biggest rental car fleet. nevertheless, they are both pretty huge in terms of numers of cars

you can only hope and ask if they have a 5 GT and write it in the comment field. there is not much else you can do.

it simply depends what you want: limited mileage for a lower price or unlimited for a higher price. then you choose sixt.de or sixt.co.uk
Old Mar 23, 2011, 10:17 am

FRA is the largest airport, but MUC has the biggest rental car fleet. nevertheless, they are both pretty huge in terms of numers of cars

you can only hope and ask if they have a 5 GT and write it in the comment field. there is not much else you can do.

it simply depends what you want: limited mileage for a lower price or unlimited for a higher price. then you choose sixt.de or sixt.co.uk
Thanks for the reply, MUC, would that be dusseldorf? Sorry for sounding dumb . I'll just have to beg them at the station haha.
Old Mar 23, 2011, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by PraxxtorCruel
Thanks Sabine. A few more questions haha! Now lets say I reserved a car in the LDAR group and when I got to Sixt's desk they offered me the 525i, now lets say they also had 535d, 530d, audi a6 3.0, would I be able to choose out of them? Do people usually ask to see what they have, or is it the 'take it or leave it' attitude.

Question for the both of you:

The Bmw's, the audi's etc are they the newest models? 2010 - onwards? Or can they be anything i.e 2006, 2005
Hello,
of course you can ask at the rental desk, which vehicles are available and we are happy to rent it to you.

Unfortunately we are unable to guarantee a certain make and model. At time of reservation you can advise of your preferences and our branch will do their upmost to fulfill your requirement.

Our vehicle on fleet are not older then 6 month and therefore the newest models.

As you are 21 years old, we would not be able to upgrade you as the LDAR us the highest group you can drive in Germany.

Many Thanks
Sabine
Old Mar 23, 2011, 1:41 pm

MUC is the airport code for Munic
Old Mar 23, 2011, 8:08 pm

Your odds of getting something nice at FRA are pretty good, and you might be able to sweet talk the agent into getting exactly what you want. Can't hurt to try. You could also sneak around and look in the garage to see what's available. I did this when I requested diesel but got a gasoline car...sadly, I was being told the truth and there were no diesel LDAR or equivalent. The fuel bill was not small

Sixt tends to have nicely equipped cars, so you'll not only likely get a newer BMW, but one with some fun gadgets too. My latest rental had pano roof, head up, internet, lane departure, adjustable suspension, etc etc etc.

Thanks for the reply, MUC, would that be dusseldorf? Sorry for sounding dumb . I'll just have to beg them at the station haha.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 7:02 am

Originally Posted by ww88ww
Your odds of getting something nice at FRA are pretty good, and you might be able to sweet talk the agent into getting exactly what you want. Can't hurt to try. You could also sneak around and look in the garage to see what's available. I did this when I requested diesel but got a gasoline car...sadly, I was being told the truth and there were no diesel LDAR or equivalent. The fuel bill was not small

Sixt tends to have nicely equipped cars, so you'll not only likely get a newer BMW, but one with some fun gadgets too. My latest rental had pano roof, head up, internet, lane departure, adjustable suspension, etc etc etc.
What car did you receive? How many miles did you cover and how much was the fuel bill for you? The reason I want the GT so badly is because I love the back of the car, especially at the night the brake lights look amazing. I really wouldn't want to end up with a gasoline car.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 8:06 pm

My latest LDAR was a 528i Touring, not the most exciting engine, but the car was well-equipped and handsome. As I live in North America, it is also an unknown machine as it has been replaced in this market with the GT.

I drove it about 1200 miles in 3 days - I do not recall exactly but the fuel must have been 200 Euro or more. You gotta pay to play

I hired from a smaller location, so I can understand the car not being diesel even though I checked the box - they had only one other L car in their fleet, another 528i. All of my other Sixt rentals have been diesel.

What car did you receive? How many miles did you cover and how much was the fuel bill for you? The reason I want the GT so badly is because I love the back of the car, especially at the night the brake lights look amazing. I really wouldn't want to end up with a gasoline car.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 2:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: www.sixtblog.co.uk; http://www.facebook.com/sixtrentacaruk
Extension of Triple Bonus Award LHR

Hi,

Great News

The London Heathrow Virgin Triple Awards offer has been extended until 31st May.

Rent a car from Sixt at London Heathrow Airport and earn 1500 Flying Club miles.

Best regards
Gary

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.