Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sixt - Any Questions?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2011, 2:35 am

LDAR Availability

Hi Gary, I was about to make a reservation for LDAR at Frankfurt-Hahn airport when I read the post above about people getting 'upgraded' from LDAR to a less suitable class. There will be four of us travelling with luggage, so I'd rather not risk being given a coupe, nice as that would be in other circumstances.

Would it please be possible to find out what vehicles are in the LDAR fleet at HHN, and whether LDAR bookings are generally fulfilled with LDAR vehicles? Or whether I should just play it safe and book a PDAR?

Thank you,

Todd
Old Apr 27, 2011, 4:37 am

Programs: FB Club 2000, M&M Hon
Originally Posted by Todd J.
Hi Gary, I was about to make a reservation for LDAR at Frankfurt-Hahn airport when I read the post above about people getting 'upgraded' from LDAR to a less suitable class. There will be four of us travelling with luggage, so I'd rather not risk being given a coupe, nice as that would be in other circumstances.

Would it please be possible to find out what vehicles are in the LDAR fleet at HHN, and whether LDAR bookings are generally fulfilled with LDAR vehicles? Or whether I should just play it safe and book a PDAR?

Thank you,

Todd
HHN doesnt have a "fixed" rental fleet (relates to all stations). Some people rent a car at XXX and return it at YYY. So you never know what cars are available.

Just book what you want to drive. If no LDAR is available you can always ask:

- for a LWAR
- upgrade towards XDAR
- for a downgrade to PDAR
Old Apr 27, 2011, 5:51 am

Child car seats at Heathrow

Hi,
I was wondering if you could tell me what sort of car seats they have at Sixt Heathrow. I am specifically wanting to know whether the booster seats have backs or not. Ideally it would be nice to know what Brand / model they are.

I am considering hiring a Passat estate and would need to fit 3 seats across the back, I'd be bringing a Britax Eclipse and hiring a forward facing seat and a booster seat from Sixt. (We're travelling from Australia)

I have emailed the email contact from the website but there was no reply.

I should also add that when you click the link on the website for how to get to the Heathrow location, the directions are in German, not English.

I think there was a similar question near the beginning of the thread but you must have answered by email / PM.
Thanks for any help you can offer.

Sue
Old Apr 27, 2011, 7:42 am
Company Representative - Sixt

Originally Posted by Todd J.

Thank you,

Todd

Hi Todd

My names Adam and I'm the reservations manager for Sixt in the UK

If you need any help or assistance in placing a reservation feel free to contact myself and I will be happy to help

Please email the details to [email protected]

As others have mentioned, Our fleet per vehicle group can vary but I will do my best to get you the preferred vehicle of choice on any reservation you place

Look forward to hearing from you

Adam
Old Apr 27, 2011, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by sueb31
Hi,
I was wondering if you could tell me what sort of car seats they have at Sixt Heathrow. I am specifically wanting to know whether the booster seats have backs or not. Ideally it would be nice to know what Brand / model they are.

I am considering hiring a Passat estate and would need to fit 3 seats across the back, I'd be bringing a Britax Eclipse and hiring a forward facing seat and a booster seat from Sixt. (We're travelling from Australia)

I have emailed the email contact from the website but there was no reply.

I should also add that when you click the link on the website for how to get to the Heathrow location, the directions are in German, not English.

I think there was a similar question near the beginning of the thread but you must have answered by email / PM.
Thanks for any help you can offer.

Sue

Hi Sue

My names Adam and I'm the reservations manager for Sixt in the UK

I've just spoken to our branch manager at Heathrow regarding the booster seats to get some further information for you

We do have a wide range of booster/child seats to accommodate for the children of different ages

The main supplier of our seats at Heathrow are from a company called Chico who have a wide range of models

Some of the booster seats do have a back to them also which are mainly for the younger age groups ( 3-6 years, 7+ will not have the back support, Just the seat itself)

Depending on the age of the child again, Three seats maybe something a VW Passat could accommodate but it would depend on the age of the children/size of seats required.

I hope this information helps to answer your questions, If you need any further assistance or need help in booking a vehicle, Please feel free to email myself on the details below

[email protected]

Adam
Old May 4, 2011, 6:22 am

Not a question but hopefully something that one of the Sixt team can correct:

If I search for availability for Sydney International Airport I receive the following message This station does not have any vehicles available at the time stated. (218) Searching for Sydney Domestic and Mascot returns cars available. The Sixt branch is at Mascot and you call them from the International or Domestic terminals to get a pick-up. I wouldn't want Sixt to miss out on any rentals because International travelers think that they are out of cars . Maybe someone at Sixt Australia needs to check the programming
Old May 5, 2011, 9:35 am
Company Representative

Originally Posted by 3544quebec
Not a question but hopefully something that one of the Sixt team can correct:

If I search for availability for Sydney International Airport I receive the following message This station does not have any vehicles available at the time stated. (218) Searching for Sydney Domestic and Mascot returns cars available. The Sixt branch is at Mascot and you call them from the International or Domestic terminals to get a pick-up. I wouldn't want Sixt to miss out on any rentals because International travelers think that they are out of cars . Maybe someone at Sixt Australia needs to check the programming
Hi 3544quebec,
Thank you for the heads up on this problem. I have brought this to the reservations department for this to be looked into.

Kind Regards,
Marie from the UK customer service department for Sixt
Old May 5, 2011, 9:38 am

Sixt in Spain

Hi Adam/Gary/Sixt,

I will be renting a car in Spain and I had a question about car types. Specifically I'm looking to rent an CDAR or IDAR and I'm wondering if there's any indication if the car will be a hatchback and if it is a hatchback are they covered so the contents of the trunk can't be seen from the outside?

Thanks,
Henry
Old May 5, 2011, 10:21 am
Company Representative

Originally Posted by kosherpizza
Hi Adam/Gary/Sixt,

I will be renting a car in Spain and I had a question about car types. Specifically I'm looking to rent an CDAR or IDAR and I'm wondering if there's any indication if the car will be a hatchback and if it is a hatchback are they covered so the contents of the trunk can't be seen from the outside?

Thanks,
Henry
Hi Kosherpizza,

We are unable to guarantee make and model on vehicles however we do have hatchbacks on fleet in Spain.
If you would like to e-mail me your reservation number I can then request a hatchback for you on your reservation. My e-mail address is [email protected]
If you have not yet made your reservation and making the reservation on the Sixt website you can add a remark in your rental where you can request a vehicle with a parcel shelf in to cover the contents in the trunk or a hatchback.

Kind Regards,
Marie
Old May 6, 2011, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by sixtisbest
FRA is the largest airport, but MUC has the biggest rental car fleet. nevertheless, they are both pretty huge in terms of numers of cars
Sabine or anyone who can answer please - what is the approximate chance of an automatic at airport stations other than FRA in Germany? I have had a very poor experience recently with sixt after some decent experiences at FRA, and I am not certain that I can continue to rent if my recent experience may occur at large airports such as MUC or DUS.

Thanks.
Old May 7, 2011, 1:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: www.sixtblog.co.uk; http://www.facebook.com/sixtrentacaruk
Have you got a reservation with us or some further details you can send to me.

[email protected]
Old May 11, 2011, 8:11 am

Programs: BAEC Blue
Hi folks

I am looking at car hire in Italy (one way from Rome to Pisa) and I'm toying with the idea of a Merc C-class - Mercedes C-Class (FDAR)

I see that there's also this - Sample vehicles: Mercedes C-Class, Opel Insigna, Chevrolet Cruz Aut *SAT NAV*

Does FDAR guarantee a C-Class or is it correct that it could be a Vauxhall/Opel Insignia, or worse a Chevrolet? I don't fancy paying > £1K for an Opel!

Cheers
Paul
Old May 11, 2011, 8:28 am
Company Representative

Originally Posted by ayeaye
Hi folks

I am looking at car hire in Italy (one way from Rome to Pisa) and I'm toying with the idea of a Merc C-class - Mercedes C-Class (FDAR)

I see that there's also this - Sample vehicles: Mercedes C-Class, Opel Insigna, Chevrolet Cruz Aut *SAT NAV*

Does FDAR guarantee a C-Class or is it correct that it could be a Vauxhall/Opel Insignia, or worse a Chevrolet? I don't fancy paying > £1K for an Opel!

Cheers
Paul
Hi ayeaye,
The vehicle group FDAR in Italy does include the Mercedes C-Class, Opel Insigna, Chevrolet Cruz or similar. Unfortunately we are unable to guarantee the make and model of the vehicle however it is possible to make the request for the Mercedes C-Class.
When making the reservation on-line there is an option to write a remark for the branch and you can request if possible for them to provide you the Mercedes C-Class. Alternatively if you would like to e-mail me your reservation number I can make this request for you. My e-mail address is [email protected]

Kind Regards,
Marie
Old May 21, 2011, 3:57 am

Sixt Are Expensive In Barcelona

Hi Gary
I am looking to hire a car (ECMR) at Barcelona Airport for two weeks in July.
Sixt are quoting £450 GBP against Holiday Autos £305, I would have thought in the current financial climate that Sixt's pricing would be a bit more competative ?

Regards

SG
Old May 22, 2011, 8:50 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Platinum
21 days in BCN

Currently have a IDMR class vehicle reserved in BCN. Vehicle sample stated as BMW 1 series and Audi A3. Wondering if anyone aware of other car types as part of this group. Main concern is adequate luggage space and rear-seat comfort. Don't have any experience with either of the stated models, but thinking A3 may be better suited as it is a 4 door while the 1 series comes only as a coupe. Any advice greatly appreciated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.