Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sixt - Any Questions?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2011, 2:09 pm

Programs: HH Diamond; BA Gold
Hi Gary/Sabine,

As a result of your help on this forum and a successful double car rental in Switzerland last week, I have just booked another car with Sixt. I do have the following queries however:

1) Once again, when I input my Hilton details it does not recognise them. Is this an ongoing problem?

2) My Switzerland booking to payment immediately. The booking I have just made (Italy) does not appear to have done this, and I will need to pay on arrival. Is this the case, and if so can you confirm that the price I have been quoted in my reservation is definitely the price that I will be charged, and no more?

Many thanks, I will also email Sabine the details.
Old Feb 15, 2011, 6:09 pm

Munich Rental Help

Hi Gary et al,

I am a newbie to this forum, so I want to say hello to everyone and thanks for all the good info here. My wife and I are travelling to Germany on our honeymoon and want to book a car to travel around Germany, Austria, and the Czech Rep. We have never rented in Europe before and I was wondering if this would be something you all could help with, as I have some specific questions and am having trouble getting straight answers from other rental agencies. Sixt is very high on our list due to the outstanding customer service you are able to provide in this forum. I look forward to your response and would be more than happy to email you more details if you are able to help.

Thank you and keep up the good work in the forum.
PJ
Old Feb 16, 2011, 1:58 am
Company Representative - Sixt

Originally Posted by gcampbell
Hi Gary/Sabine,

As a result of your help on this forum and a successful double car rental in Switzerland last week, I have just booked another car with Sixt. I do have the following queries however:

1) Once again, when I input my Hilton details it does not recognise them. Is this an ongoing problem?

2) My Switzerland booking to payment immediately. The booking I have just made (Italy) does not appear to have done this, and I will need to pay on arrival. Is this the case, and if so can you confirm that the price I have been quoted in my reservation is definitely the price that I will be charged, and no more?

Many thanks, I will also email Sabine the details.
Hello,
the Hilton Honour number should be pulled through at the time when you place the reservation. I have contacted our IT- Team to look into this to why it does not happened and will give you an update as soon that I have some news.

Regarding the your booking in Italy, it is payment on arrival. You should have had the option at time of booking to choose the flexible option or the pre paid option. I checked your reservation and can confirm that your standard Loss Damage waiver and the Third Party are included in the rate.
The price you have been quoted this rental price to pay. The charges only increase due to fuel or any additional items which are taken out at start of rental.

If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to contact me.
Best Regards
Sabine
Old Feb 16, 2011, 4:08 am

Originally Posted by Sabine Blasig
Hello,
the Hilton Honour number should be pulled through at the time when you place the reservation. I have contacted our IT- Team to look into this to why it does not happened and will give you an update as soon that I have some news.

Regarding the your booking in Italy, it is payment on arrival. You should have had the option at time of booking to choose the flexible option or the pre paid option. I checked your reservation and can confirm that your standard Loss Damage waiver and the Third Party are included in the rate.
The price you have been quoted this rental price to pay. The charges only increase due to fuel or any additional items which are taken out at start of rental.

If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to contact me.
Best Regards
Sabine
Hello,
I have checked with our IT Team and they advised that when you enter your bonus program, please enter HH before your membership number and therefore it will add this to your reservation.

I have added your Hilton Honour number to your reservation in Italy.

Many Thanks
Sabine
Old Feb 16, 2011, 7:13 am

Originally Posted by Snyder
Hi Gary et al,

I am a newbie to this forum, so I want to say hello to everyone and thanks for all the good info here. My wife and I are travelling to Germany on our honeymoon and want to book a car to travel around Germany, Austria, and the Czech Rep. We have never rented in Europe before and I was wondering if this would be something you all could help with, as I have some specific questions and am having trouble getting straight answers from other rental agencies. Sixt is very high on our list due to the outstanding customer service you are able to provide in this forum. I look forward to your response and would be more than happy to email you more details if you are able to help.

Thank you and keep up the good work in the forum.
PJ

Hi Snyder

My names Adam and I'm the reservations manager for Sixt in the UK

Please feel free to email me your details over and I will be more than happy to help

Please send the details to [email protected]

Look forward to hearing from you soon

Adam
Old Feb 21, 2011, 9:04 am

Location: Washington D.C. via Sao Paulo via Houston via Washington D.C. via Boston via New York
I have a few questions, I posted in the SPG forum, I'm SPG Plat, and saw that we could become Sixt Plat, I found the link to sign up on sixt.com however I also saw that we could just sign up via SPG, but I couldn't find the link for that. We might be renting a car (most likely) from AGP for a friends wedding in Guadalmina over the summer, I'd love a convertible, however I don't really think paying 1200US for 4 days would be worth it, so what do we get with Plat? I know we get upgraded but how would that work? Book Category x and get upgraded to category y (if available)? Also there is a big price difference via booking on Orbitz for example for a standard 4 door car which they call an Audi a4 is 46.92EU per day over the 4 day rental period is works out to be 220EU, however when I look at sixt.com the similar BMW 3 series is almost twice that?? The dates would be June 28th - July 2nd if that makes a difference.
Old Feb 21, 2011, 4:10 pm

I am traveling to Spain in May/June and would like to rent a BMW 1er. At which location will I have the best chance of finding this model? I had no luck in Barcelona in December 2008, but I'm hoping things have changed. Anywhere in the Madrid area would be great. Thanks for your time!

BTW, I'm based in the USA
Old Feb 22, 2011, 3:09 am

Originally Posted by 28guest28
I am traveling to Spain in May/June and would like to rent a BMW 1er. At which location will I have the best chance of finding this model? I had no luck in Barcelona in December 2008, but I'm hoping things have changed. Anywhere in the Madrid area would be great. Thanks for your time!

BTW, I'm based in the USA
Hi

My names Adam and I'm the reservations manager for Sixt in the UK

If you would like assistance in placing a booking I will be more than happy to help.

All-though I cant 100% guarantee the BMW 1 series, I will certainly contact the branch and ensure they know this is your preferred vehicle choice and ask them to do their best to get you this model

I will of course ensure a great service from the rental team also.

Please feel free to email your hire details to [email protected]

Look forward to hearing from you

Adam
Old Feb 24, 2011, 3:34 am

Originally Posted by macdonaldj2
I have a few questions, I posted in the SPG forum, I'm SPG Plat, and saw that we could become Sixt Plat, I found the link to sign up on sixt.com however I also saw that we could just sign up via SPG, but I couldn't find the link for that. We might be renting a car (most likely) from AGP for a friends wedding in Guadalmina over the summer, I'd love a convertible, however I don't really think paying 1200US for 4 days would be worth it, so what do we get with Plat? I know we get upgraded but how would that work? Book Category x and get upgraded to category y (if available)? Also there is a big price difference via booking on Orbitz for example for a standard 4 door car which they call an Audi a4 is 46.92EU per day over the 4 day rental period is works out to be 220EU, however when I look at sixt.com the similar BMW 3 series is almost twice that?? The dates would be June 28th - July 2nd if that makes a difference.

Hello Macdonaldj2,
I can confirm that your Platinum card has been set up and a stamping order is in place. The card will arrive within the next few weeks, but you can place your booking already from tomorrow onwards.
As a Platinum card member you are entitled to an upgrade with subject to availability. How it works? For example you booked a vehicle group SDMR ( example: VW Passat) and at time of collection the branch will do their upmost to ensure that you as a customer receive a upgrade to a FDMR (example: BMW 3series).

The best advice comes from a seasoned Flyertalk veteran: "Book the vehicle you want to drive and any upgrade is a bonus."

In relation to the price difference I have send you an e-mail and I hope this explains your questions.

Many Thanks
Sabine

Last edited by Sabine Blasig; Feb 24, 2011 at 4:12 am
Old Feb 24, 2011, 12:21 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA Platinum, AS, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG Platinum
Typical timeframe for membership materials?

What is the typical timeframe for receiving membership materials in the mail once you've signed up for a Sixt card on-line?
Old Feb 25, 2011, 3:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: www.sixtblog.co.uk; http://www.facebook.com/sixtrentacaruk
Originally Posted by MileKing
What is the typical timeframe for receiving membership materials in the mail once you've signed up for a Sixt card on-line?
Hi MileKing,

The Express Card can take up to 3 weeks to arrive, but you can still obtain the benefits of the card by logging in with the Express Card online, or simply by mentioning the Express card if making the reservation over the telephone.

I hope this information helps.

Gary
Old Feb 28, 2011, 10:01 pm

Programs: *W Plat, Hyatt PLT,PC RA Plat, Virgin Gld, CO Gld, DL Gld, HH Diam, KL Gld
I just wanted to thank the "Sixt team" for helping out I received My platinum Sixt card today just in time for my upcoming rental in italy, looking forward to enjoying the benefits.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 9:43 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, Melia Platinum, SIXT Platinum, Accor Silver, Lufthansa FTL
Dear SIXT team,

I have a question concerning the rates that I receive as a Platinum card holder.

From what I gather in the other thread about sixt partner card discounts as a Platinum card holder I should expect to receive a 15% discount on the public internet rate.

That seems to happen when I book online, however the conditions that I receive (after I have logged in) are worse than the conditions when booking the public internet rate (e.g. the contribution (Selbstbeteiligung in German) when booking comprehensive coverage (Vollkasko in German) is much higher 800 EUR vs. 350 EUR).

I guess that is because I do not receive the normal discounted rate, but my corporate rate. So the question is whether it's possible to transfer my account to non-corporate status, so that I receive the base prices minus the 15% discount on all items?

Thanks for your help.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for all the helpful feedback.
My Qs:
1) My platinum card expired 2/28. How do I renew?
2) Is there a diamond level for United FFs, e.g. Global, 1K, Millionmilers?

Last edited by cesco.g; Mar 2, 2011 at 1:07 pm Reason: added question
Old Mar 3, 2011, 8:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: www.sixtblog.co.uk; http://www.facebook.com/sixtrentacaruk
Originally Posted by SunshineStay
Dear SIXT team,

I have a question concerning the rates that I receive as a Platinum card holder.

From what I gather in the other thread about sixt partner card discounts as a Platinum card holder I should expect to receive a 15% discount on the public internet rate.

That seems to happen when I book online, however the conditions that I receive (after I have logged in) are worse than the conditions when booking the public internet rate (e.g. the contribution (Selbstbeteiligung in German) when booking comprehensive coverage (Vollkasko in German) is much higher 800 EUR vs. 350 EUR).

I guess that is because I do not receive the normal discounted rate, but my corporate rate. So the question is whether it's possible to transfer my account to non-corporate status, so that I receive the base prices minus the 15% discount on all items?

Thanks for your help.
Hi SunshineStay,

Could you send an e-mail to me [email protected] with your Express card number and I'll check this for you.

Best regards
Gary

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.