Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sixt - Any Questions?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2011, 4:13 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Hi Sabine or anyone else who might shed some knowledge.

I just booked a PDMR class car (520i/523i) out of Friedrichshafen, Germany (town branch not airport) for this coming weekend. This is my first time using Sixt directly and I have three concerns:

1) I don't have any idea whether Sixt downgrade when a requested class is unavailble or not so please excuse my ignorance. Will a small regional branch such as this have this class of car available, and, if not and if they downgrade me what compensation should I expect?

2) What sort of block can I expect them to place on my credit card? I have taken out the basic LDW option (with EUR 950 excess).

3) I requested a diesel if available. Are diesels common in this group?

Thanks for any help.
Old Mar 28, 2011, 1:58 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Elevate

I'm not part of the sixt team, but from experience:

1) No problem, this is Germany. More likely to have a problem when you book a Fiesta

2) No idea.

3) High likelihood of diesel.
Old Mar 28, 2011, 3:52 am
Company Representative - Sixt
Original Poster

Programs: www.sixtblog.co.uk; http://www.facebook.com/sixtrentacaruk
Virgin Atlantic - Offer Extended

Dear All,

The Virgin Atlantic promotion has been extended. Just thought I'd let you guys know.

EXTENDED! 1000 miles with every car hire - no matter the number of days
To celebrate our new partnership with Virgin Atlantic, hire a car from Sixt until 31 May 2011 and earn DOUBLE mileage.

As simple as that, no coupons, no codes, no fees, no hassle.

With almost 100 years of experience, Sixt is one of the leading car rental companies with presence in 100 countries around the globe. From small compact cars, convertibles, SUV's, vans and lorries to the largest Mercedes-Benz and BMW fleet in the world, Sixt has the right vehicle for all your needs. Always for unbelievable prices!
*Offer cannot be combined with any other.
» Book now <http://partner.sixt.de/php/res?AGIA=5102517&view=virgin&ctyp=P&language=en>

------

EXTENDED! 1500 miles - for every car hire of 3 days or more
From now until 31 May 2011 earn TRIPLE Flying Club miles for any qualifying 3 day rental in any of our 4000 locations in 100 countries.
As simple as that, no coupons, no codes, no fees, no hassle.
*Offer cannot be combined with any other. Minimum 3 day rentals.
» Book now <http://partner.sixt.de/php/res?AGIA=5102517&view=virgin&ctyp=P&language=en>

Best regards
Gary
Old Mar 28, 2011, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by Elevate
Hi Sabine or anyone else who might shed some knowledge.

I just booked a PDMR class car (520i/523i) out of Friedrichshafen, Germany (town branch not airport) for this coming weekend. This is my first time using Sixt directly and I have three concerns:

1) I don't have any idea whether Sixt downgrade when a requested class is unavailble or not so please excuse my ignorance. Will a small regional branch such as this have this class of car available, and, if not and if they downgrade me what compensation should I expect?

2) What sort of block can I expect them to place on my credit card? I have taken out the basic LDW option (with EUR 950 excess).

3) I requested a diesel if available. Are diesels common in this group?

Thanks for any help.
Hello Elevate,
I have contacted the Branch Manager and await her response regarding the questions raised.
As soon that I have more details, I will let you know.
Many Thanks
Sabine
Old Mar 30, 2011, 4:00 am

Programs: Hertz Gold, AVIS Preferred, SIXT Platinum
Hello,

Can anyone advise me about an e-mail address for the Miami Airport office?
Old Mar 31, 2011, 5:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kimfrost
Hello,

Can anyone advise me about an e-mail address for the Miami Airport office?

Hi Kim,

Please use:

[email protected]

[email protected]

Alternatively drop me a line and I'll get the information for you.

Best regards
Gary
Old Apr 4, 2011, 10:16 am

Programs: QF LTG, LH (SEN*** till 02/26), AF, AA, AB-G†
Hi Gary,

Sixt used to give 1000 Miles&More Miles per rental after 5 Rentals per year. Is this promotion over? I do not find any information and the nice status-graphic disappeared without a comment.

Sad, this was really an incentive to book Sixt. If not I probably start to switch again.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 2:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tyrolean
Hi Gary,

Sixt used to give 1000 Miles&More Miles per rental after 5 Rentals per year. Is this promotion over? I do not find any information and the nice status-graphic disappeared without a comment.

Sad, this was really an incentive to book Sixt. If not I probably start to switch again.
I will check with my colleagues and let you know.

Best regards
Gary
Old Apr 12, 2011, 5:24 am

Hi Gary,

as there is no reply yet:
yes, this is over since ages.
used to be LH miles til 2009, afterwards Airberlin miles, but even this is over since months I believe
Old Apr 13, 2011, 3:49 am

Programs: QF LTG, LH (SEN*** till 02/26), AF, AA, AB-G†
Originally Posted by sixtisbest
as there is no reply yet:
yes, this is over since ages.
used to be LH miles til 2009, afterwards Airberlin miles, but even this is over since months I believe
You beleive wrong. It was on the website till last month (March 2011!!!) Maybe it was introduced in 2009!

So it cannot be over since ages!
Old Apr 22, 2011, 6:09 am

Overcharged - Kms included in rental

Hi Sabine,
I reserved a Cabrio in Spain to go from Seville to Malaga that included 750kms. When I picked the car in Seville they offer me an upgrade to an Audi A3 cabrio and told me I now had 1500kms included. Still when I returned the car in Malaga they charged me for some extra kilometers. My total kilometers reading was 799.

Off course I didn't realize that they had charge me erroneously until I got back to the USA. Luckily I had saved both receipts, the one from Seville were it says I had 1500km included and the one from Malaga charging me the difference from 750km.

Who can I contact to get this corrected?

Thanks,
Nick
Old Apr 23, 2011, 3:24 pm

You beleive wrong. It was on the website till last month (March 2011!!!) Maybe it was introduced in 2009!

So it cannot be over since ages!
incorrect.
Airberlin promotion was sep2009-sep2010
LH was before that.
Old Apr 26, 2011, 1:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by eloraculo
Hi Sabine,
I reserved a Cabrio in Spain to go from Seville to Malaga that included 750kms. When I picked the car in Seville they offer me an upgrade to an Audi A3 cabrio and told me I now had 1500kms included. Still when I returned the car in Malaga they charged me for some extra kilometers. My total kilometers reading was 799.

Off course I didn't realize that they had charge me erroneously until I got back to the USA. Luckily I had saved both receipts, the one from Seville were it says I had 1500km included and the one from Malaga charging me the difference from 750km.

Who can I contact to get this corrected?

Thanks,
Nick
Sorry, for the mistake. I have corrected your invoice. Please allow 5-7 working days for the refund to show in your account.

I have also replied to your e-mail in more detail.
Old Apr 26, 2011, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by Gary Coughlan
Sorry, for the mistake. I have corrected your invoice. Please allow 5-7 working days for the refund to show in your account.

I have also replied to your e-mail in more detail.
Thanks Gary for your help. This was my first time renting from Sixt and I had actually came across this thread before making the reservation. At that time it gave me peace of mind to see how fast issues got resolved, now I can personally attest to that.
Old Apr 26, 2011, 11:32 am

Programs: FB Club 2000, M&M Hon
Originally Posted by MichaelFFM
Gary,
hope you had a good and relaxed time during your leave!

The current situation with the availability of LDAR, LWAR / XDAR does not seem to be very satisfying. As a result, one can actually get pseudo-upgrades which - in most of the cases - are pretty useless.

Whenever I book LDAR or LWAR, this is done with intesion. Why do the Agents try to 'sell' me LSMR as an upgrade ?? (e.g. BMW 320D Coupe manual).
Or, I booked a CWMR (Compact Station Wagon) - they hand out an Audi TT Roadster. Beautiful car, but absolutely uesless for a party of four arriving by plane...
A colleague (Platinum) counted 21 LDAR Rentals within the last months. He really received the booked car class in only seven of his rentals.

Is there any 'rule' what I'm supposed to swallow?
Agree, last weekend Sixt Frankfurt Airport gave me a LSMR (Mercedes E220 coupe) as an "upgrade" for my LDAR booking. Agent at the desk saw my LDAR booking and phoned a collegue what to do with jet another LDAR booking Agent: "mr. TGV2 we got a great Mercedes coupe for u". Useless with a lot of luggage and for me a really downgrade.

This is not the first time that Sixt at FRA gives me a "downgrade". Once they gave me a Audi A6 2.0i (PDAR) and still charged me the LDAR rate. The difference in price between PDAR and LDAR is not that much but be honest and don't charge customers for a car they didn't get.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.