FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sixt - Any Questions?
View Single Post
Old Apr 26, 2011, 11:32 am
tgv2

Programs: FB Club 2000, M&M Hon
Originally Posted by MichaelFFM
Gary,
hope you had a good and relaxed time during your leave!

The current situation with the availability of LDAR, LWAR / XDAR does not seem to be very satisfying. As a result, one can actually get pseudo-upgrades which - in most of the cases - are pretty useless.

Whenever I book LDAR or LWAR, this is done with intesion. Why do the Agents try to 'sell' me LSMR as an upgrade ?? (e.g. BMW 320D Coupe manual).
Or, I booked a CWMR (Compact Station Wagon) - they hand out an Audi TT Roadster. Beautiful car, but absolutely uesless for a party of four arriving by plane...
A colleague (Platinum) counted 21 LDAR Rentals within the last months. He really received the booked car class in only seven of his rentals.

Is there any 'rule' what I'm supposed to swallow?
Agree, last weekend Sixt Frankfurt Airport gave me a LSMR (Mercedes E220 coupe) as an "upgrade" for my LDAR booking. Agent at the desk saw my LDAR booking and phoned a collegue what to do with jet another LDAR booking Agent: "mr. TGV2 we got a great Mercedes coupe for u". Useless with a lot of luggage and for me a really downgrade.

This is not the first time that Sixt at FRA gives me a "downgrade". Once they gave me a Audi A6 2.0i (PDAR) and still charged me the LDAR rate. The difference in price between PDAR and LDAR is not that much but be honest and don't charge customers for a car they didn't get.