Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sixt - Any Questions?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2011, 2:21 pm

Vehicle type and drive abroad restrictions

Hello,

I have an upcomming rental for July at Barcelona Airport.

Could you tell me what type of vehicle I can expect to get at this location for the XFAR category? I have heard that you have Range Rovers, is that true?

Also, I intend to take the vehicle into France. Is that OK?

Thanks a lot for your help,

SB
Old Jun 15, 2011, 1:26 am
Company Representative

Originally Posted by sumerceboyaca
Hello,

I have an upcomming rental for July at Barcelona Airport.

Could you tell me what type of vehicle I can expect to get at this location for the XFAR category? I have heard that you have Range Rovers, is that true?

Also, I intend to take the vehicle into France. Is that OK?

Thanks a lot for your help,

SB
Hi summerceboyaca,

The vehicle category of XFAR in Spain has the following sample vehicle in : Mercedes-Benz GL, Range Rover, BMW X5 or similar.

If you wish to request a particular vehicle please e-mail me your reservation number and I will be happy to make a request for you. My e-mail address is [email protected]

It is ok to travel to France when renting from Spain and there is no additional charge as long as the vehicle is returned to Spain.

Kind Regards,
Marie
Old Jun 15, 2011, 7:57 am

Hello Marie,

We're going to Munich from Italy this Friday. We'll be taking the train and get off at Munich HBF station. I was thinking about reserve from the uk website because there's unlimited mileage (we're going to go to Paris, Swiss, possibly Spain and Belgium and Holland and etc etc ;p), so I guess unlimited mileage would be a peace of mind.

Now, we have 2 large cases, 1 medium, and 1 small cases, all together with two persons. I was considering a mid-size like X1 or a 3-series? Do you think they'll fit if we fold down the back seats? Also, I wonder what models of cars do the branches around HBF station and possibly city center of Munich may have as mid-size or full-size/standard class?

Many thanks!
Old Jun 15, 2011, 8:23 am
Company Representative

Originally Posted by csflyer
Hello Marie,

We're going to Munich from Italy this Friday. We'll be taking the train and get off at Munich HBF station. I was thinking about reserve from the uk website because there's unlimited mileage (we're going to go to Paris, Swiss, possibly Spain and Belgium and Holland and etc etc ;p), so I guess unlimited mileage would be a peace of mind.

Now, we have 2 large cases, 1 medium, and 1 small cases, all together with two persons. I was considering a mid-size like X1 or a 3-series? Do you think they'll fit if we fold down the back seats? Also, I wonder what models of cars do the branches around HBF station and possibly city center of Munich may have as mid-size or full-size/standard class?

Many thanks!
Hi csflyer,
We are currently offering unlimited mileage for short time hire in Germany however if your rental is 28 days plus there is limited mileage options. If you are travelling to the countries you have mentioned unlimited mileage would be ideal for you!

The countries you have mentioned are fine to travel in but please be aware of the following in our terms and conditions:
Cross Border Rentals are allowed to the following countries but not with Audi, BMW, Mercedes-Benz, VW, Porsche, Jaguar and all Jeeps/Offroader:
Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Slovakia, Slovenia.

In certain makes of cars the back seats do not fold down but I don't believe you should have a problem in the larger vehicle groups however if this is the case I am sure you would be able to put the cases on the back seat. If you need a little extra room we do offer estate cars which will fit your luggage in a little easier.

In the SDMR range there is a BMW X1, VW Passat or similar and the FDMR range is a BMW 3 series, Mercedes C Class or similar. Both vehicle groups are large cars and it is possible to request a particular make and model if you wish to at time of making the reservation.

I hope this information helps.

Kind Regards,
Marie
Old Jun 15, 2011, 9:05 am

Thanks for your reply Marie.

Are there engine variations among X1?
Old Jun 15, 2011, 9:15 am
Company Representative

Thanks for your reply Marie.

Are there engine variations among X1?
Hi csflyer,

I have just spoken to Munich and I have been advised in general they are 2 litre engines in the BMW X1.

Kind Regards,
Marie
Old Jun 15, 2011, 9:22 am

Great, thanks a lot Marie!

My last question is, is there a underage penalty for person under 25? We've got an individual who's 24 ;(
Old Jun 15, 2011, 9:28 am
Company Representative

Great, thanks a lot Marie!

My last question is, is there a underage penalty for person under 25? We've got an individual who's 24 ;(

Hi csflyer,

In Germany a young drivers surcharge only applies to drivers under 23 years old.
Please keep in mind when you reserve the vehicle that certain vehicle groups are only able to be hired out to drivers 25 years plus. These vehicle groups are XDAR, STMR, FTMR, PTMR, LTMR, XTMR, XTAR, XSMR, XSAR, PFMR, LFMR, XFAR. LSAN, LTAN, XXAX, XTAX, LTAX.

Don't worry about asking too many questions, it is what we like to keep a look out on these sites for!

Kind Regards,
Marie
Old Jun 15, 2011, 9:40 am

Thanks!

Guess I shouldn't have said "last question", then :P

May I also know what are engine variations for 3-series in Munich?

Thanks!
Old Jun 15, 2011, 10:21 am
Company Representative

Thanks!

Guess I shouldn't have said "last question", then :P

May I also know what are engine variations for 3-series in Munich?

Thanks!
Hi csflyer,

The BMW 3 Series do tend to be 2 litres however they can range up to a 3 litre engine depending on the model.

Kind Regards,
Marie
Old Jun 15, 2011, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by Marie White
Hi csflyer,

The BMW 3 Series do tend to be 2 litres however they can range up to a 3 litre engine depending on the model.

Kind Regards,
Marie
Thanks again Marie.

Just reserved a X1 from Munich city center branch. Hopefully i'll be getting a loaded one ;p Well, at least there should be cruise control, right? Last time i rent a car from national in Italy, they gave me a Alfa w/o CC and my heel literally swelled lol. Us spoiled Americans...
Old Jun 15, 2011, 2:23 pm

I've been waiting for my Sixt card to arrive, confirmation email said " Issuance will be effected immediately. Within the next 14 days you will get your personal Sixt Card and an overview of all its advantages by mail."

That was almost a month ago, I've emailed asking if it's been sent but I've had no response.

Does anyone know how long it takes to get these cards usually?

I was hoping to use it next month, the way it's going I'll be back home before it arrives.
Old Jun 15, 2011, 2:50 pm

Programs: Airlines: DL-Silver, UA-Silver Hotels: MR-LT PP
Question Car type info

I have a reservation at the Frankfurt Hbf location in late July. Car type I reserved is listed as:

BMW 1er Cabrio, VW Eos, VW Beetle Cabrio

Are all models of this type convertibles? If not, is it possible to specify that I receive a convertible?

Regards;

Jim S
Old Jun 16, 2011, 1:07 am
Company Representative

Originally Posted by petewibb
I've been waiting for my Sixt card to arrive, confirmation email said " Issuance will be effected immediately. Within the next 14 days you will get your personal Sixt Card and an overview of all its advantages by mail."

That was almost a month ago, I've emailed asking if it's been sent but I've had no response.

Does anyone know how long it takes to get these cards usually?

I was hoping to use it next month, the way it's going I'll be back home before it arrives.
Hi petewibb,

Please can you send me your details such as full name and postcode through via e-mail to [email protected] and I will locate your Sixt account and look into this for you.

Thank you.

Kind Regards,
Marie
Old Jun 16, 2011, 1:13 am
Company Representative

Originally Posted by jrsinpdx
I have a reservation at the Frankfurt Hbf location in late July. Car type I reserved is listed as:

BMW 1er Cabrio, VW Eos, VW Beetle Cabrio

Are all models of this type convertibles? If not, is it possible to specify that I receive a convertible?

Regards;

Jim S
Hi Jim,

All 3 of the vehicles you have mentioned are convertibles. I believe you have reserved an ITMR group which is a convertible group.

If you wish to request a particular make please send me your reservation number to [email protected] and I can make the request for you.

Kind Regards,
Marie

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.