Wiki Posts
Search

Sixt - Any Questions?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2011, 8:47 am
Company Representative

Originally Posted by thesimflyer
Hello

I would like to know if I have to pay a deposit even though I have full insurance?

Kind regards,
Richard.
Hi Richard,

Before a vehicle is hired Sixt will always obtain an approval to cover for the rental. This is to ensure you have sufficent funds to cover for any additional days or fuel charges encase you are unable to return the vehicle with a full tank.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any other questions.

Kind Regards,
Marie
Old Aug 2, 2011, 1:42 am

Programs: SAS
I´d have a question about the Sixt on-line checkin . What advantages are there ? And do you get the opportunity to select a particular model ,between whats availiable on that particular day?
In case it matters, this is a prepaid rental and I have a Platin card.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 7:30 am
Company Representative

Originally Posted by cph_flyer
I´d have a question about the Sixt on-line checkin . What advantages are there ? And do you get the opportunity to select a particular model ,between whats availiable on that particular day?
Hi cph_flyer,

Just looking into this for you and will come back to you with some information asap.

Kind Regards,
Marie
Old Aug 3, 2011, 8:23 am

I have a question about XDAR class renting.
So I rented XDAR-series car from Frankfurt airport for three days and pre-paid it with full insurance (25,79€ / day). So now im afraid, is there going be anymore costs and how about the deposit from the credit card and how much it will be?
And do I need two credit cards, cause I that case, it would be a problem.

Thanks in advance!
Old Aug 3, 2011, 8:31 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
There will be a deposit blocked on your credit card.

It is either Euro2600 or Euro4000 (depending on the car).

You will only need one credit card.

(all above my knowledge as customer)
Old Aug 4, 2011, 3:24 am
Company Representative

Originally Posted by cph_flyer

Hi cph_flyer,

Sorry for the delay in coming back to you.

The locations where we offer on-line checkin are: Berlin Tegel, Dusseldorf, Frankfurt, Hamburg, Cologne/Bonn, Manchester, Munich, Nice, Palma, Stuttgart, Sylt, Toulouse and Hamburg Central Train Station.

At these locations it is possible to select a particular model for your rental. At other locations the choice of vehicles may be possible on the date of collection.

On-line check in helps to speed up the check in process and make the collection a faster process.

Kind Regards,
Marie
Old Aug 4, 2011, 3:29 am

Programs: SAS
Originally Posted by Marie White
Hi cph_flyer,

Sorry for the delay in coming back to you.
The locations where we offer on-line checkin are: Berlin Tegel, Dusseldorf, Frankfurt, Hamburg, Cologne/Bonn, Manchester, Munich, Nice, Palma, Stuttgart, Sylt, Toulouse and Hamburg Central Train Station.
At these locations it is possible to select a particular model for your rental. At other locations the choice of vehicles may be possible on the date of collection.
On-line check in helps to speed up the check in process and make the collection a faster process.
Kind Regards,
Marie
Thank you very much Marie, for the helpfull reply.
Old Aug 5, 2011, 1:19 am

Hello Gary,
I have a booking from Sixt (Vienna Airport) for a Economy car(A/c)) which says Citreon C3, Ford Fiesta etc.,
I am not sure what kind of Loss Damage Waiver is included, but I figure that since I did not book LDW, there is none included.
I was wondering what kind of LDW is offered.
I would definitely love to have your Tire and windshield insurance + Some LDW which has an excess of max 300 EU.
I was unable to determine whether its possible to buy it at the counter, and what are the rates at the counter for an economy car.
If I get a free upgrade, does it mean the LDW will also go up?

Last but not the least, it would be great if you let me know if there is a wide variety of diesels in the economy/compact segment at vienna. Since we are driving switzerland/germany/italy/france, a diesel will help our fuel bills quite a bit
Old Aug 5, 2011, 3:08 am
Company Representative - Sixt
Original Poster

Programs: www.sixtblog.co.uk; http://www.facebook.com/sixtrentacaruk
Originally Posted by tsk1979
Hello Gary,
I have a booking from Sixt (Vienna Airport) for a Economy car(A/c)) which says Citreon C3, Ford Fiesta etc.,
I am not sure what kind of Loss Damage Waiver is included, but I figure that since I did not book LDW, there is none included.
I would definitely love to have your Tire and windshield insurance + Some LDW which has an excess of max 300 EU.
I was unable to determine whether its possible to buy it at the counter, and what are the rates at the counter for an economy car.

Last but not the least, it would be great if you let me know if there is a wide variety of diesels in the economy/compact segment at vienna. Since we are driving switzerland/germany/italy/france, a diesel will help our fuel bills quite a bit
Hi tsk1979

Can you e-mail the reservation confirmation to me: [email protected]

Thanks
Old Aug 5, 2011, 6:26 am
Company Representative

Originally Posted by tsk1979
Hello Gary,

Hi tsk1979,

I have responded to your thread under the subject "Vienna - Sixt - through economy car rentals".

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any further queries via e-mail on [email protected]

Kind Regards,
Marie
Old Aug 7, 2011, 2:44 pm

Programs: *G | OW Sapphire
Hi Gary,

I have booked a car in VIE, for delivery in Vienna City, through a websearch engine.

Now - since the rate is lower than the published rate through the sixt.com / sixt-partner with Lufthansa webpages, am I still able to claim miles in this reservation?

Also, is it possible to pre-reserve a specific car (don't think so), or at least a fuel-type car?

Best regards,
Old Aug 7, 2011, 5:21 pm

What's Sixt done with Australia???

Australia has disappeared from the dropdown list of countries on the booking engine and I can't book for Sydney. How could you lose an entire continent?
Old Aug 8, 2011, 1:42 am
Company Representative

Originally Posted by pjso
Hi Gary,

I have booked a car in VIE, for delivery in Vienna City, through a websearch engine.

Now - since the rate is lower than the published rate through the sixt.com / sixt-partner with Lufthansa webpages, am I still able to claim miles in this reservation?

Also, is it possible to pre-reserve a specific car (don't think so), or at least a fuel-type car?

Best regards,
Hi pjso,

Please can you e-mail me your reservation number and I will be happy to look into this for you. My e-mail address is [email protected]

We are unable to guarantee make and model or fuel type however we can make a request with the branch for you.

Kind Regards,
Marie
Old Aug 8, 2011, 1:48 am
Company Representative

Originally Posted by 3544quebec
Australia has disappeared from the dropdown list of countries on the booking engine and I can't book for Sydney. How could you lose an entire continent?
Hi 3544quebec,

I will have to look into this for you and come back to you as soon as possible.

Kind Regards,
Marie
Old Aug 8, 2011, 3:26 am

Programs: *G | OW Sapphire
Originally Posted by Marie White
Hi pjso,

Please can you e-mail me your reservation number and I will be happy to look into this for you. My e-mail address is [email protected]

We are unable to guarantee make and model or fuel type however we can make a request with the branch for you.

Kind Regards,
Marie
Hello Marie, thanks for assisting me.
I have sent you an email.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.