Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sixt - Any Questions?

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2011, 7:20 pm

Thanks for the response. I think I found the problem - it says no cars available if primary residence is USA, but changing it to other locations makes it work normally. Maybe a technical problem?

Not a concern, it appears as of now Sixt ATL offers no specialty vehicles unlike its large Euro-style lineup in MIA. Maybe in the future.

Originally Posted by Marie White
Hi ww88ww,
We do have a location at Atlanta Airport which is bookable on-line through the Sixt website. At certain times of the year there maybe dates that are no longer available due to the high demand of rental vehicles such as the summer holiday period.
In the US we provide a range of vehicle groups which have a variety of makes and models. Unfortunately we are unable to confirm the make and model however it is possible to make a request at time of booking.
Kind Regards,
Marie
Old May 31, 2011, 9:06 pm

Programs: QF,US,ANA
Originally Posted by Marie White
Hi ianp,
At Miami Airport the Ford Mustang is also in the category of a Chrysler Sebring, Chevrolet Camaro or similar. We are unable to confirm the make and model which would be available on the day however if you would like to e-mail me your reservation number to [email protected] I would be happy to request the Ford Mustang for you.
Kind Regards,
Marie
Hi Marie ,

Thank you very much.
Old Jun 3, 2011, 12:03 pm

BIO 29 Jun - 13 Jul

I have an upcoming reservation with Sixt in Bilbao on June 29.

My question is regarding the insurance. I see that 3rd party (liability) insurance is included. Is that the only insurance which is required in Spain?

On the additional coverages, does the word "Excess" mean "deductible" (the amount for which I would be responsible)?

I appreciate your presence here at Flyer Talk, and this informative thread definitely sold me on Sixt!

Best regards,
Maria
Old Jun 7, 2011, 10:49 am

BIO 28 Jun - 27 Jul

I have an additional question.

My cousin will also be renting a car at Bilbao airport (the day before I arrive). Her trip is 29 days in length. I noticed that the quote for her did not include unlimited kilometers as mine did.

Is unlimited kilometers only for available for rentals of 27 days or less?

Are there any additional discounts or benefits for a month long rental?

Best regards,
Maria
Old Jun 8, 2011, 4:00 am
Company Representative

Originally Posted by javanite
I have an upcoming reservation with Sixt in Bilbao on June 29.

My question is regarding the insurance. I see that 3rd party (liability) insurance is included. Is that the only insurance which is required in Spain?

On the additional coverages, does the word "Excess" mean "deductible" (the amount for which I would be responsible)?

I appreciate your presence here at Flyer Talk, and this informative thread definitely sold me on Sixt!

Best regards,
Maria

Hi Maria,

As you have mentioned that your reservation includes Third Party Insurance you are able to take further insurance to cover you during your rental. In Spain we offer different levels of loss damage waiver insurance.

The word excess means the amount you are responsible for during your rental. E.g. If you reserve a ECMR which is an economy size vehicle and take loss damage waiver you would be responsible for 350 Euros in case of damage or theft.

As well as Loss Damage Waiver we also offer Theft Protection, Tire and Glass Coverage and Personal Accident Insurance. These can be purchased on collection of the vehicle.

The full lists of insurance covers available in Spain are viewable on the Sixt website.

If you would like to e-mail me your reservation number I will be more than happy to have a look into your rental for you. My e-mail address is [email protected]

Kind Regards,
Marie
Old Jun 8, 2011, 4:09 am
Company Representative

Originally Posted by javanite
I have an additional question.

My cousin will also be renting a car at Bilbao airport (the day before I arrive). Her trip is 29 days in length. I noticed that the quote for her did not include unlimited kilometers as mine did.

Is unlimited kilometers only for available for rentals of 27 days or less?

Are there any additional discounts or benefits for a month long rental?

Best regards,
Maria
Hi Maria,

On long term reservations which are classed as rentals which are 28 days plus in Spain the mileage is not unlimited. A reservation will be provided with a set amount of kilometres and if this is exceeded during your rental then there is a set fee for each kilometre over the set amount.

Please be aware that the mileage allowance can be different from branch to branch depending on deals which are available at time of booking so it is always best to check when reserving the vehicle on-line what mileage is included.

Kind Regards,
Marie
Old Jun 9, 2011, 6:26 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH FTL, KL Plat (comped), BD
Platinum status expiry

I got matched to Platinum based on my Senator some time in 2006 and by then received a card that was valid until 06/13.

Throughout the years I was very happy with the service and upgrades I received. Last weekend, though, I was told at HAM airport that my Platinum status had expired based on the fact that I did not have 20 rentals in the previous year. This was later confirmed by a hotline agent.

However, when booking online it still shows "Platinum" in my profile (the alleged reason being that this is based on another software/database) and also my card suggests I would keep Platinum until 06/13. I never had status in a program which was attempted to be taken away previous to its official expiration date.

Could you kindly clarify this policy?

Many thanks,

felix
Old Jun 9, 2011, 7:01 am
Company Representative - Sixt
Original Poster

Programs: www.sixtblog.co.uk; http://www.facebook.com/sixtrentacaruk
Originally Posted by Felixberlin
I got matched to Platinum based on my Senator some time in 2006 and by then received a card that was valid until 06/13.

Throughout the years I was very happy with the service and upgrades I received. Last weekend, though, I was told at HAM airport that my Platinum status had expired based on the fact that I did not have 20 rentals in the previous year. This was later confirmed by a hotline agent.

However, when booking online it still shows "Platinum" in my profile (the alleged reason being that this is based on another software/database) and also my card suggests I would keep Platinum until 06/13. I never had status in a program which was attempted to be taken away previous to its official expiration date.

Could you kindly clarify this policy?

Many thanks,

felix
Hi Felix,

Can you send your Express card details to [email protected] and Marie will look into this for you.

Best regards
Gary
Old Jun 10, 2011, 1:29 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
I am unhappy with Sixt as well - whenever I book (and rent/pay) cars in SIN and India, then credit them to my United account, the miles never show up!

Further, they never even show up in my Sixt (Plat) account online - so then how would Sixt HAM be able to tell how many rentals I have paid for in the past years, etc?

I rent from HAM as well, so status *is* important - *especially* at HAM, where they usually honor the status!:

Originally Posted by Felixberlin

Old Jun 10, 2011, 2:50 pm

I no longer appear to have any benefits either - the sixt Ladies Club (yes, they have one of those) no longer gives me any rate discount and sometimes nets a higher rate. I don't rent at HAM but do at DUS and FRA.
Old Jun 13, 2011, 9:15 am

I am completely new to renting cars...I am planning to rent a car at Sixt in Germany. If I prepay the whole amount while booking a car online, do you still need my credit card when I come pick up the car? And if you do, what amount do you preauthorize/hold from the card?

Thanks!
Old Jun 14, 2011, 2:30 am
Company Representative

Originally Posted by exbayern
I no longer appear to have any benefits either - the sixt Ladies Club (yes, they have one of those) no longer gives me any rate discount and sometimes nets a higher rate. I don't rent at HAM but do at DUS and FRA.
Hi exbayern,
If you would like to send me your Sixt membership number and your details I will be happy to look into this for you. My e-mail address is [email protected]
Kind Regards,
Marie
Old Jun 14, 2011, 2:37 am
Company Representative

Originally Posted by Wild Wanderer
I am completely new to renting cars...I am planning to rent a car at Sixt in Germany. If I prepay the whole amount while booking a car online, do you still need my credit card when I come pick up the car? And if you do, what amount do you preauthorize/hold from the card?

Thanks!
Hi Wild Wanderer,
When making a pre-paid reservation the credit card provided at time of reserving your request will be charged for the rental and this credit card must be in the drivers name and presented on collection of the vehicle.

On the Sixt website it states the following in the Rental Information:
A deposit of up to three times the hire price is charged to the chosen means of payment as a security. The deposit for high-value vehicles may differ. The exact deposit is determined on collection since the amount is dependent on the vehicle.

I hope this information helps.

Kind Regards,
Marie
Old Jun 14, 2011, 7:54 am

Programs: AC*SE; HH*Silver; SPG Gold
Rental Through MBNA

Hi there,

I made a reservation for a car from Sixt in Spain through MBNA Travel Rewards (in Canada) and am not feeling confident that it was made properly. They had to make it through the Sixt website, and I have not received a confirmation from Sixt with any details about the reservation, although I do have a confirmation number. I can't find anywhere on the Sixt site to look at my reservation. Help! I can't bear the thought of arriving in Madrid and not having my convertible waiting!

-jefe
Old Jun 14, 2011, 7:59 am
Company Representative

Originally Posted by senor_jefe
Hi there,

I made a reservation for a car from Sixt in Spain through MBNA Travel Rewards (in Canada) and am not feeling confident that it was made properly. They had to make it through the Sixt website, and I have not received a confirmation from Sixt with any details about the reservation, although I do have a confirmation number. I can't find anywhere on the Sixt site to look at my reservation. Help! I can't bear the thought of arriving in Madrid and not having my convertible waiting!

-jefe
Hi Jefe,

If you would like to send me the confirmation number you have been provided and I will be able to advise if this is a Sixt reference number. Also if you can provide the dates of your rental in Madrid and the drivers full name to my e-mail address and I will be able to locate your rental and send you your confirmation through.
My e-mail address is [email protected]

Kind Regards,
Marie

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.