FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sixt - Any Questions?
View Single Post
Old May 31, 2011, 6:43 am
Marie White
Company Representative

Originally Posted by Marie White
Hi ElRegaily,

There is no cross border fee to travel in Austria when hiring in Germany as long as the vehicle was returned back to the Germany. The terms and conditions state:
Cross Border Rentals are allowed to the following countries:
Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Great Britain, Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, San Marino, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Vatikan City.
Cross Border Rentals are allowed to the following countries but not with Audi, BMW, Mercedes-Benz, VW, Porsche, Jaguar and all Jeeps/Offroader:
Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Slovakia, Slovenia.
It is allowed to enter the last-mentioned countries with all vehicles of car groups IVMR, SVMR and FVMR (including Mercedes-Benz B class, Mercedes-Benz Vito, Mercedes-Benz Viano) and vans. In case of offence against Cross Border & Territorial Restrictions all insurances lose their validity.

When reserving the rental vehicle on-line we advise of the number of seats in the vehicle and in the vehicle group including the VW Touran, Mercedes-Benz B-Klasse, Peugeot 5008 or similar we confirm the vehicle would have 5 seats. Certain vehicles in this category are fitted with 2 child seats in the boot space however in this vehicle group we do not confirm a 7 seater. It can be requested on your rental for a specific make and model but unfortunately we would be unable to to confirm this until collection.
If you would like to e-mail me your reservation number and I would be more than happy to look into this for you. My e-mail address is [email protected]

Kind Regards,
Marie
Hi ElRegaily,
I have since posting the above been provided your reservation from Gary at Sixt.
Your reservation has been booked as a 5 seater peoplecarrier and your request was noted on the rental for it to be the model with the additional 2 seats in the boot space.
The branch will do their best to accomodate your request however as we are unable to confirm the make and model I would suggest for you to amend your rental to a 7 seater which is next vehicle group up, SVMR to ensure there is enough room for all your family.
If you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me direct.

Kind Regards,
Marie