Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums >
Reload this Page >

Miles&Points

Airlines and Mileage Programs

Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer

The infamous JFK-FRA SQ25 Route

The infamous JFK-FRA SQ25 Route

Old Nov 23, 22, 3:56 am
  #976  
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 516
SQ25 Suites equipment swap Datapoint.

Booked FRA-SIN-(stopover)CGK 125k miles.
Successfully reroute ex-JFK-FRA-SIN at New Saver rates 148.5K miles.

Loss of CGK/BKK flight as layover. Weirdly all rebooking inventory is blocked for some reason.

*SQ honor Saver O and made O available without WL. Cant get preferred date. They only approved -2 days from preferred date.

FFP status KFEG (not PPS).

Last edited by terbangalways; Nov 23, 22 at 4:05 am
terbangalways is offline  
Old Nov 23, 22, 4:01 am
  #977  
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Tokyo
Posts: 604
Originally Posted by terbangalways View Post
Booked FRA-SIN-(stopover)CGK 125k miles.
Successfully reroute ex-JFK-FRA-SIN at New Saver rates 148.5K miles.

Loss of CGK/BKK flight as layover. Weirdly all rebooking inventory is blocked for some reason.

*SQ honor Saver O and made O available without WL. Cant get preferred date. They only approved -2 days from preferred date.

FFP status KFEG (not PPS).
Having some status seems to have helped! There were definitely some weird things happening in the system today. I found an open suite to LHR, cancelled my original flight, then when I searched the same day again only the a380 flight had disappeared (across multiple days) - the other two remained. Luckily backing out and going back in got the a380 flights to reappear (whew) and I was able to snag it.
pesos is offline  
Old Nov 23, 22, 7:11 am
  #978  
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 864
Originally Posted by Singapore_Air View Post
From 15th May 2023, the B77W will replace the A380 on SQ26 / SQ25
SQ may need A388 for other routes.
SQ25/26 need to occupy 3 aircrafts which is a lot.
Hope SQ345/346 will get A388.
jjjohn is offline  
Old Nov 23, 22, 3:39 pm
  #979  
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold
Posts: 823
Im one of the unlucky folks who had been booked on new A380 Suites FRA-JFK next summer, now on the 77W. Its of course disappointing because I would have loved to try new Suites, but even SQ F on the 77W is a pretty great way to travel across the Atlantic and offers some nice variety from LH F which Ive done a half dozen times.
CappuccinoAddict is offline  
Old Nov 23, 22, 7:45 pm
  #980  
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 1,881
Originally Posted by jjjohn View Post
SQ may need A388 for other routes.
SQ25/26 need to occupy 3 aircrafts which is a lot.
Hope SQ345/346 will get A388.
the A380 went to MEL/SYD which is a better return for SQ. For a return trip on SQ26/25, these A380 can perform 2x return trips on SYD and MEL each with one more spare.
sbs2716g is offline  
Old Nov 23, 22, 8:28 pm
  #981  
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Singapore
Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Posts: 4,650
Originally Posted by sbs2716g View Post
the A380 went to MEL/SYD which is a better return for SQ. For a return trip on SQ26/25, these A380 can perform 2x return trips on SYD and MEL each with one more spare.
My experience in October was that SQ were filling SQ25/6 between SIN and FRA, with few seats for sale, but wide open between FRA and JFK, in nearly all fare classes in business, PE, and economy (F was full-ish). In fact I saved the company $2.5K by taking SQ326 from SIN to FRA, overnighting and then taking SQ26 to JFK (all business class) , instead of leaving 12 hrs later and traveling all the way through on SQ 26 (which I wouldn't have done anyway , as if spending the extra $2.5K I would have taken 22 or 24 instead, therein lies one of the other reasons for downgauging 25/26).
lokijuh is offline  
Old Nov 24, 22, 9:21 am
  #982  
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: SFO
Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, AS MVPG
Posts: 284
Sigh. I had a September 2023 booking in Suites JFK-FRA-SIN. Anyone know if SQ will refund the miles without charge given the equipment swap?
BookerNYC is offline  
Old Nov 24, 22, 1:29 pm
  #983  
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 103
Originally Posted by BookerNYC View Post
Sigh. I had a September 2023 booking in Suites JFK-FRA-SIN. Anyone know if SQ will refund the miles without charge given the equipment swap?
You should be able to get all your miles back. The money part is I'm not sure about. Technically it's not your fault but you would not know until you ask.
Stingyguy is offline  
Old Nov 24, 22, 1:31 pm
  #984  
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 103
Would be interesting to know how many would cancel their flights both paid and miles now that Suites is no longer available.
Stingyguy is offline  
Old Nov 24, 22, 4:15 pm
  #985  
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Tokyo
Posts: 604
Originally Posted by Stingyguy View Post
Would be interesting to know how many would cancel their flights both paid and miles now that Suites is no longer available.
I did. Have little interest in the 77w product.
Stingyguy likes this.
pesos is offline  
Old Nov 25, 22, 12:36 pm
  #986  
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 103
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
I did. Have little interest in the 77w product.
Same here. I've been saving all my miles for the chance to experience the Suites. So right now, the only viable option for me is LHR-SIN or SIN-LHR. I'm seeing some availability for November 2023 travel as of now. Waiting for the November 20ish to open up and hopefully my Chase miles will be enough to close the gap, then it one bucket off my list.
Stingyguy is offline  
Old Nov 25, 22, 1:36 pm
  #987  
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: YVR, KUL
Programs: MH, AC
Posts: 2,033
Originally Posted by BookerNYC View Post
Sigh. I had a September 2023 booking in Suites JFK-FRA-SIN. Anyone know if SQ will refund the miles without charge given the equipment swap?
I managed to cancel for free when such a swap happened pre-Covid. Going by the current state of the call centre, however, you might have to put up a fight.
SilverChris is offline  
Old Nov 25, 22, 9:45 pm
  #988  
ZR2
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: SEA
Programs: Bonvoyed
Posts: 7
My flight is booked for the 16th, day after the change. Bummed is an understatement for me!
ZR2 is offline  
Old Nov 25, 22, 9:48 pm
  #989  
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Tokyo
Posts: 604
Originally Posted by Stingyguy View Post
Same here. I've been saving all my miles for the chance to experience the Suites. So right now, the only viable option for me is LHR-SIN or SIN-LHR. I'm seeing some availability for November 2023 travel as of now. Waiting for the November 20ish to open up and hopefully my Chase miles will be enough to close the gap, then it one bucket off my list.
I enjoyed it jfk-fra but got a double suite to myself. Little chance of that happening to lhr it looks like.
pesos is offline  
Old Nov 25, 22, 9:48 pm
  #990  
ZR2
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: SEA
Programs: Bonvoyed
Posts: 7
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
Well that really really sucks.

Is LHR changing to the a380 at some point, stingyguy? Showing 777 there as well when I search.

EDIT: nevermind I see they have both available at LHR
What dates are you seeing the A380? Looking at mid-May and seeing both flights as the 77W.
ZR2 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread