Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

minimum connecting time at Changi Airport

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

minimum connecting time at Changi Airport

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2016, 4:23 pm

Programs: MH Enrich, VS FC, HH Gold, PC, SPG Gold, Marco Polo Gold, Accor Plat
Thanks guys. Worst case is I walk

If flight is on one I have 1 hour 10mins from arriving on sq 232 and departing on sq118 at T2. Is the SKL anygood at T2 ? I'm not sure if I even have time to explore the lounge ? I'm flying suites on sq232 and J on sq118. I can use F lounge right?
Old Oct 10, 2016, 9:46 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by k3nnis
Thanks guys. Worst case is I walk

If flight is on one I have 1 hour 10mins from arriving on sq 232 and departing on sq118 at T2. Is the SKL anygood at T2 ? I'm not sure if I even have time to explore the lounge ? I'm flying suites on sq232 and J on sq118. I can use F lounge right?
Note that gates close for SQ flights at Changi, strictly 10 mins before departure. The strictness works both ways though - they won't close the gate early and offload you if you turn up to the gate at least 15mins before departure (I've turned up as late as 11 mins out ). Especially for short KL flights, people will turn up quite late. Of course, turn up at a time that you are comfortable with, I know many are horrified at turning up at the gate anything later than 45 mins before departure.

Assuming you arrive in T3,
- If 118 is departing from F gate in T2, don't bother with the T2 lounge, go to T3 lounge (present your suites BP from SYD flight). Should take no more than 16 mins to get to your gate (4 min walk to skytrain, possible 4 min wait for skytrain, 3min journey, up to 5 min walk to gate).
- If 118 is departing from E gate, make your way to T2 and use lounge in T2. From there at most 5-10 mins from gate (depending on how fast you walk).

Of course if you arrive in T2, then just make your way to lounge in T2.

Yesterday would have worked well, SQ 232 arrived 20 mins early at A5, only 2 mins walk to the lounge, and 118 went from F59. Could have had almost an hour in the lounge in T3!
Old Oct 10, 2016, 11:05 pm

Thanks. Yeah I think SQ232 normally arrives at T3 because it's a A380?

How is the T2 lounge compared to T3? Is the F side much better? Or should I go J side?

Originally Posted by lokijuh
Note that gates close for SQ flights at Changi, strictly 10 mins before departure. The strictness works both ways though - they won't close the gate early and offload you if you turn up to the gate at least 15mins before departure (I've turned up as late as 11 mins out ). Especially for short KL flights, people will turn up quite late. Of course, turn up at a time that you are comfortable with, I know many are horrified at turning up at the gate anything later than 45 mins before departure.

Assuming you arrive in T3,
- If 118 is departing from F gate in T2, don't bother with the T2 lounge, go to T3 lounge (present your suites BP from SYD flight). Should take no more than 16 mins to get to your gate (4 min walk to skytrain, possible 4 min wait for skytrain, 3min journey, up to 5 min walk to gate).
- If 118 is departing from E gate, make your way to T2 and use lounge in T2. From there at most 5-10 mins from gate (depending on how fast you walk).

Of course if you arrive in T2, then just make your way to lounge in T2.

Yesterday would have worked well, SQ 232 arrived 20 mins early at A5, only 2 mins walk to the lounge, and 118 went from F59. Could have had almost an hour in the lounge in T3!
Old Oct 10, 2016, 11:16 pm

Originally Posted by k3nnis
How is the T2 lounge compared to T3? Is the F side much better? Or should I go J side?
T3>T2 lounge (generally). In T2 F side is better, they have ice cream Plus lighter with better views (i.e. it has windows, the J side doesn't), bar service in the evenings, and generally quieter.

And yes, since India flights were moved from T2 to T3 a few months ago, there are no more SQ A380 flights leaving from T2, so most of the time I would expect to arrive in T3 on an A380.
Old Oct 10, 2016, 11:27 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS, QR Gold
If OP is arriving in Suites, he should get access to TPR, despite departing in J, right?
Old Oct 11, 2016, 12:39 am

Yep would be interesting if I can access TPR. But I wouldn't have much time. Although I will have access to the TPR on my return trip to SYD which I have plenty of time
Old Dec 30, 2016, 6:09 am

Anyone with expert flyer care to chime in on MCT arriving NH departing SQ.

00:40 arrival
01:50 departure.
Old Dec 30, 2016, 7:43 pm

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Originally Posted by michaelpowell44
Anyone with expert flyer care to chime in on MCT arriving NH departing SQ.

00:40 arrival
01:50 departure.
[KVS Tool 8.3.6 - Reference: Minimum Connection Time [MCT]: SIN/NH-SQ]
Code:
                                               DD  DI  ID  II   
STANDARD:         SIN                          020 060 060 060  

TERMINAL:         SIN  1  TO  1                --- --- --- 060  
                       1  TO  2                --- --- --- 060  
                       1  TO  3                --- --- --- 060  
                       2  TO  1                --- --- --- 060  
                       2  TO  2                --- --- --- 060  
                       2  TO  3                --- --- --- 060  
                       3  TO  1                --- --- --- 060  
                       3  TO  2                --- --- --- 060  
                       3  TO  3                --- --- --- 060  

EXCEPTIONS:                                                     
A/L FLT-NBR      TR                                             

-ALL-            1                             --- --- --- 090  
SQ 5550-5569     3                                              

NH 6250-6299                                   --- --- --- 050  
SQ 0001-0999                                                    

NH 6250-6299                                   --- --- --- 050  
SQ 5002-5399                                                    

-ALL-            1                             --- --- --- 060  
SQ               2                                              

-ALL-            1                             --- --- --- 060  
SQ               3                                              

NH 6250-6299                                   --- --- --- 060  
SQ 

---------------------------------------------------------------

[DD]    Domestic To Domestic      [DEP]   Departure Airport    
[DI]    Domestic To Intl          [ARR]   Arrival Airport      
[ID]    Intl To Domestic          [A/L]   Airline              
[II]    Intl To Intl              [TR]    Terminal             
[EQP W] Wide-Body Aircraft        [EFF]   Effective Date       
[EQP N] Narrow-Body Aircraft      [SUP]   Suppressed/Prohibited
Old Jan 4, 2017, 1:36 am

Appreciate it
Old Jan 10, 2017, 10:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
I have an AKL-SIN arriving at 7pm. SIN-HKG departs at 7:55pm. Doable?
Old Jan 11, 2017, 2:19 am

Originally Posted by zrs70
SQ-SQ same ticket no problem.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 12:46 pm

I am planing to arrive SIN by 9W at 9:40 am and depart SIN on GA at 11:50am on separate tickets. I am quite sure 9W will not through check my bags. Is this sufficient connection time?

Arriving J, departing Y.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 6:46 pm

Programs: CX,SQ,PR,QR
Originally Posted by zrs70
I've done 15-20 minutes connections (because of delayed flights) in Changi, and SQ made it work! My bags even made it!
Old Oct 24, 2017, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by vikasr
I am planing to arrive SIN by 9W at 9:40 am and depart SIN on GA at 11:50am on separate tickets. I am quite sure 9W will not through check my bags. Is this sufficient connection time?

Arriving J, departing Y.
If it goes to plan it should be OK. Both in T3, so easy connection.

However a delay could send your plans awry - the 9W flight at the moment has 79% on time arrivals (ie. within 15 mins of schedule) and the other 21% of flights are delayed an average of 30 mins. With GA cutoff is 45 mins, 30 mins late gives you a 45 min window to recheck your bags, which is probably OK.

Any longer delay it starts getting tight though, and if your GA fare is restricted ("use it or lose it") you might have to purchase a new ticket (possibly on another carrier). Chances of this seem to be about 9% of having an excessively late arrival (>45 mins late).
Old Oct 25, 2017, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by lokijuh
If it goes to plan it should be OK. Both in T3, so easy connection.

However a delay could send your plans awry - the 9W flight at the moment has 79% on time arrivals (ie. within 15 mins of schedule) and the other 21% of flights are delayed an average of 30 mins. With GA cutoff is 45 mins, 30 mins late gives you a 45 min window to recheck your bags, which is probably OK.

Any longer delay it starts getting tight though, and if your GA fare is restricted ("use it or lose it") you might have to purchase a new ticket (possibly on another carrier). Chances of this seem to be about 9% of having an excessively late arrival (>45 mins late).
Thanks. Seems it should be workable. I can also depart SIN on Air Asia flight departing at 12:15pm from T1. Woyld that be a safer option as compared to GA?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.