Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

minimum connecting time at Changi Airport

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

minimum connecting time at Changi Airport

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2019, 7:08 am

Originally Posted by lokijuh
Both arrival and departure seem to be at A gates, so that's a positive. But OP'a inbound as ETA of 38 mins late right now, leaving 17 min connection. But SQ 37 from LAX also running similarly late, I wouldn't be surprised if they hold the BLR flight. Would expect both flights to have significant connecting traffic to India, IIRC they even have Indian option as standard option on the in flight menu.
think SQ502 was held back. As of 9pm, the status is gate closed. The plane for SQ502 also arrive late.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 12:48 am

Update: yes, I did make my connection. They held the second flight because there were 20 people connecting to the blr flight
They seem to also have changed the blr flight from gate A20 to A2 and our fight landed in A1. So a short walk (well, a short run!)
the change in flight time is due to the change in wind. That's understandabke. What confused me is that they make a single, drastic change one time rather than a gradual change
Thanks everyone for your advice!!
Old Apr 6, 2019, 10:41 pm

Programs: 1K MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, AA Exec. Plat
I am arriving on a United flight this September from SFO to SIN at 6:10am. Is it possible to get through customs and check back in for a 7:55am flight to HKT on Jetstar Asia? I will be on vacation so if I miss the flight it wouldn't be horrible..
Old Apr 7, 2019, 12:04 am

Originally Posted by donjo
I am arriving on a United flight this September from SFO to SIN at 6:10am. Is it possible to get through customs and check back in for a 7:55am flight to HKT on Jetstar Asia? I will be on vacation so if I miss the flight it wouldn't be horrible..
Possible but risky you'll miss your Jetstar flight. Jetstar departs Terminal 1. United will arrive Terminal 2, and getting through immigration and customs may take some time. Not to mention Jetstar check-in. I do not recommend this.

Alternatives: Changi is one of those international airports that has "Transit" desks airside where you can check in for connecting flights, without having to clear immigration/customs. So best if if you take only carry-on luggage, land and go from T2 to T1 using the airside skytrain. Then go to the transit check-in area in T1 and look for Jetstar counter. The other alternative is get on a later flight to HKT. I make the trip often, United from SFO to SIN and then usually on SilkAir from SIN to HKT. SilkAir has several flights a day and you can pick one that will give you more transit buffer time. I don't think there are many Jetstar flights SIN-HKT per day but you can check. Good luck!
donjo likes this.

Last edited by rambutan; Apr 7, 2019 at 12:07 am Reason: edited post
Old Apr 7, 2019, 12:31 am

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
If you have to go landside for your luggage, be aware Singapore now has what I found the first time I used it to be a very lengthy biometric data collection process - mostly because of the people ahead of me in the queue
donjo likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 6:06 am

I am planning some redemption SQ fights in business class using my VS FC miles to go from BKK to SIN, then connecting late that night to the SQ flight to CPT (which leaves at 0125) next March 2020

May I ask if SQ arrivals at SIN coming from BKK at 0005 or 0040 will be OK for the 0125 CPT connection please?

Or, I could leave BKK at lunch time and perhaps take a quick look at the City, a sling at Raffles?? (never been there)

Cheers
edit just seen there is a free SIA Heritage city tour for SQ pax

Last edited by rog747; Apr 10, 2019 at 6:13 am
Old Apr 10, 2019, 4:22 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Self-connecting (can't find it in other sections so I post in SQ forum)

TK54 in J arriving 5:30pm at T1

trying to get on

TR430 in Y leaving for KCH at 7:40pm from T2

What's my odds of making this connection if

1. I don't check bag
2. TK54 isn't delayed.

I'll be one of the first to get out and ideally if I don't have to stay first night in Singapore outbound so I have 1 extra full day in Kuching. Just to confirm, it's also possible to go from T1 to T2 airside without going through immigration.

If I miss this flight I can also book AirAsia later at 8:15pm or simply stay in Singapore first night and throw away the one way ticket (small loss). OTOH, there's no way I'd attempt this in reverse direction, I'll stay in Singapore at least the night before.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by rog747
I am planning some redemption SQ fights in business class using my VS FC miles to go from BKK to SIN, then connecting late that night to the SQ flight to CPT (which leaves at 0125) next March 2020

May I ask if SQ arrivals at SIN coming from BKK at 0005 or 0040 will be OK for the 0125 CPT connection please?

Or, I could leave BKK at lunch time and perhaps take a quick look at the City, a sling at Raffles?? (never been there)

Cheers
edit just seen there is a free SIA Heritage city tour for SQ pax
dun think you are able to book the 0040 arrival with the CPT flight.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by vincewy
Self-connecting (can't find it in other sections so I post in SQ forum)

TK54 in J arriving 5:30pm at T1

trying to get on

TR430 in Y leaving for KCH at 7:40pm from T2

What's my odds of making this connection if

1. I don't check bag
2. TK54 isn't delayed.

I'll be one of the first to get out and ideally if I don't have to stay first night in Singapore outbound so I have 1 extra full day in Kuching. Just to confirm, it's also possible to go from T1 to T2 airside without going through immigration.

If I miss this flight I can also book AirAsia later at 8:15pm or simply stay in Singapore first night and throw away the one way ticket (small loss). OTOH, there's no way I'd attempt this in reverse direction, I'll stay in Singapore at least the night before.
if no checked bags should be no issue. You can do online check in for TR flight n print the boarding pass in advance. Scoot have straight to gate for those who check in online n no checked bag.

T1/T2/T3 are connected airside. No need to clear immigration. Just look for the sign. But then some of the gates for T1 are at the other end (near to T3) so might have to walk a bit.
vincewy likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by sbs2716g

if no checked bags should be no issue. You can do online check in for TR flight n print the boarding pass in advance. Scoot have straight to gate for those who check in online n no checked bag.

T1/T2/T3 are connected airside. No need to clear immigration. Just look for the sign. But then some of the gates for T1 are at the other end (near to T3) so might have to walk a bit.

Sounds good, I heard many of those Scoot, Air Asia, and Jetstar flights routinely are delayed at the end of the day due to their tight schedule so hopefully it works out. I'll start plan B as soon as I see any sign of delay at IST.

Also is there any way to check-in the bags airside? TK is more lenient regarding carry-on but it might not go through with TR, I don't mind paying for the bag, as long as I can make it to the flight.

Last edited by vincewy; Apr 10, 2019 at 10:01 pm
Old Apr 10, 2019, 11:21 pm

Sounds good, I heard many of those Scoot, Air Asia, and Jetstar flights routinely are delayed at the end of the day due to their tight schedule so hopefully it works out. I'll start plan B as soon as I see any sign of delay at IST.

Also is there any way to check-in the bags airside? TK is more lenient regarding carry-on but it might not go through with TR, I don't mind paying for the bag, as long as I can make it to the flight.
although they might delay, check in for luggage still close at normal time unless the delay have been announced much earlier.

Not possible to check in airside for scoot. You will need to clear immigration. Collect luggage. Take sky train to T2 check in counter. The bag drop counter close 60 mins before departure.so hopefully you do not need visa for Singapore.

AIr Asia depart from T4 which is not linked. So more trouble some.
vincewy likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 11:44 pm

although they might delay, check in for luggage still close at normal time unless the delay have been announced much earlier.

Not possible to check in airside for scoot. You will need to clear immigration. Collect luggage. Take sky train to T2 check in counter. The bag drop counter close 60 mins before departure.so hopefully you do not need visa for Singapore.

AIr Asia depart from T4 which is not linked. So more trouble some.
Thanks for the detailed answers so far. I wish Silkair still operates this route. The carryon is so restrictive that I can't just get them onbard without thinking about weight and dimension.

Do you know if Scoot enforces carry-on dimension of 54X38X23? Mine is within without the wheels.

I won't have visa issue at SIN.

p.s. I'm going to ask other questions at Singapore forum as I found similar topic.

Last edited by vincewy; Apr 11, 2019 at 8:02 am
Old Apr 11, 2019, 1:50 am

Thanks for the detailed answers so far. I wish Silkair still operates this route. The carryon is so restrictive that I can't just get them onbard without thinking about weight and dimension.

Do you know if Scoot enforces carry-on dimension of 54X38X23? Mine is within without the wheels.

I won't have visa issue at SIN.
this size is allowed by scoot.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 8:34 pm

this size is allowed by scoot.
In the end I've decided to chill out in Singapore for the night before moving on given the uncertainty over hand luggage allowance, let alone flight delays. In addition, Singapore has many hotel options where I can use my points/free nights, along with ease of dining and shopping, why not spend a night here, relax, and enjoy.
w4rd likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 12:36 am

Thanks very much.

I think I will take the morning SQ 0945 BKK-SIN flight and take the free SQ City Heritage tour in the late afternoon then relax in the Kris lounge and eat before the SQ 0130 JNB/CPT flight

I have never been to the Far East - incredible after working for the airlines from 1972 lol - am retired now

I am doing a 12 day WW2 tour of Burma and Mandalay first,
I am flying LHR to HKG with VS in J using my FC miles - stay one night and a day in Hong Kong to tick the box then fly HKG-Rangoon with CX in J with Avios to join the tour group.
I then finish with 3 nights in BKK to do the Siam WW2 campaign (Kwai Bridge end of Burma railway) before going to Cape Town for a week with friends -
I sail back from CPT on the liner Queen Mary 2 to UK...

any suggestions please for a nice hotel in Hong Kong - I did fancy a treat at the Peninsular but it is really stupid money for one night.. £550 ouch
I can get the Harbour Grand Kowloon or Harbour Grand near NP ferry using VS FC miles 30000 or pay under £160

I would love to have seen some of old colonial KUL as well but I think maybe I am doing enough lol

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.