FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   minimum connecting time at Changi Airport (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/597122-minimum-connecting-time-changi-airport.html)

irsel Sep 1, 2006 10:22 am

minimum connecting time at Changi Airport

Can anybody tell me the MCT for Changi Airport? (international flights on SQ, Raffles Class; FRA-SIN-PER)

Thank you!

Hideyuki Sep 1, 2006 10:33 am

Originally Posted by irsel
Can anybody tell me the MCT for Changi Airport? (international flights on SQ, Raffles Class; FRA-SIN-PER)

Thank you!

45 :D

irsel Sep 1, 2006 10:54 am

Thank you for the quick answer!

Quik! Sep 9, 2006 7:42 pm

The other day I argued with my uncle, who used to fly but not anymore, that the MCT was 45 mins! He said no such thing, if you get it then you are lucky, obviously not! :o

Jubilee777 Sep 10, 2006 4:44 am

Within SQ and MI flights, MCT is 45mins. Between 2 different airlines, MCT is 60mins.

Singapore_Air Sep 10, 2006 8:23 am

Theoretically it could be 30 minutes or less if pressed.

I got off my Swiss (delayed) flight at 2059 and arrived in a taxi cab at 2016.

Hoorah for Singapore efficiency. The Merlion roars for us all!

Coathanger Sep 11, 2006 1:29 am

That's good to hear. I have a 60 min connection in November, so I shall sprint over and shower at the SATS lounge before boarding my connecting flight.

global_b Sep 14, 2006 4:16 pm

Is the 45 minute MCT including a trip to the transit desk? I have a ticket to SIN already on SQ, but I want to purchase a separate ticket for a flight 60 minutes later (also on SQ). I presume I'll have to visit the transit desk for this. Any problems with this?

Thanks,
B

Kiwi Flyer Sep 14, 2006 4:28 pm

MCT refers to connections on a single ticket. Below the MCT and the airline may not ticket, or offer any protection in the event of misconnect (in practice airlines generally do help pax who misconnect, especially if fare is premium cabin or pax is elite).

With separate tickets, the MCT comes into play for checking bags through. With a connection under MCT there is a risk that airline will not check bags through. However the main consideration with separate tickets is getting checked in before the onward flight closes for check in (30 minutes for SQ at SIN).

A 60 minute connection SQ->SQ at SIN will in normal circumstances be enough to beat the check in deadline - I have done this before and so far made it each time. However, if your first flight is more than 20 minutes late then you may miss your connection (this assumes no checked bags or if you have any they are checked through to final destination). Up to you how comfortable you are with this risk - a status pax on a premium cabin ticket to a destination with lots of flights and I'd be relaxed, a non-status pax flying economy to a destination that only has a few flights a week and I'd be inclined to allow more time (on separate tickets).

Ex-SIN Sep 14, 2006 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer

However the main consideration with separate tickets is getting checked in before the onward flight closes for check in (30 minutes for SQ at SIN).

The minimum check-in time for SQ at SIN is 40 minutes.

http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U...rt_arrival.jsp

Kiwi Flyer Sep 14, 2006 7:14 pm

Sorry - I could have sworn it was 30 minutes.

global_b Sep 14, 2006 7:22 pm

Ah, so if I check-in online for my connecting flight, then I should be ok. If I have checked bags, do I still need to visit the transfer desk to make sure my bags are transferred correctly?

Thanks, I appreciate the help.

B

Kiwi Flyer Sep 14, 2006 7:30 pm

You will still need to get BPs issued before close off. In SIN you can also print your own boarding passes, but these need to be validated. I'm not sure what that entails for someone connecting.

jbfield Jan 27, 2007 7:28 pm

How did you fair? (or is it fare?)

I'd be keen to know...I'm thinking of leaving myself 1hr 45 mins for an
SQ Y -> SQ C connection on separate tickets:

( AKL to SIN ) SQ 282 Dep: 11:55PM Arr: 6:45 AM

( SIN to HKG ) SQ 860 Dep: 8:30 AM Arr: 12:15PM

I could catch a later flight but seeing as the SQ860 is suppose to be a 773 I'd quite like to try out the new cabin.

fumitani Jan 27, 2007 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by jbfield (Post 7105543)
How did you fair? (or is it fare?)

I'd be keen to know...I'm thinking of leaving myself 1hr 45 mins for an
SQ Y -> SQ C connection on separate tickets:

( AKL to SIN ) SQ 282 Dep: 11:55PM Arr: 6:45 AM

( SIN to HKG ) SQ 860 Dep: 8:30 AM Arr: 12:15PM

I could catch a later flight but seeing as the SQ860 is suppose to be a 773 I'd quite like to try out the new cabin.

SQ860 is the old cabin wait for 2.5 more hours and catch SQ862 that has the new cabin :D