Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

minimum connecting time at Changi Airport

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

minimum connecting time at Changi Airport

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2014, 5:08 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by vbroucek
Sorry, I missed that exception

Still, I personally, would not be happy with that connection, considering that next SQ flight to FRA is leaving at 23:55... Particularly after my last trip with SQ where I missed much longer connection times and arrived to final destination 13 hours late...
No problem at all, I appreciate your help

And thanks for the insight...seems like we may be best off keeping our overnight in Singapore.
Old May 5, 2015, 8:14 am

Hello.

I currently have an award booking on CX arriving in SIN at 7:10PM and a paid ticket on SQ leaving for Male at 8:45PM. There will probably be a checked bag. Is this enough time to transit?
Old May 5, 2015, 9:40 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by illico
Hello.

I currently have an award booking on CX arriving in SIN at 7:10PM and a paid ticket on SQ leaving for Male at 8:45PM. There will probably be a checked bag. Is this enough time to transit?
If I'm not mistaken (other guru's here can correct me), CX does interline with SQ, so you should be able to check in all the way to Maldives in HKG. If so, then 1hr35min is plenty of time to transit since you won't need to clear immigration, etc.
Old May 6, 2015, 4:56 am

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Originally Posted by shuigao
If I'm not mistaken (other guru's here can correct me), CX does interline with SQ, so you should be able to check in all the way to Maldives in HKG. If so, then 1hr35min is plenty of time to transit since you won't need to clear immigration, etc.
Note that OW airlines are increasingly refusing interline on different tickets and in particular between different alliances. I am not at all knowledgeable about CX, but if I was arriving to SIN on QF on different ticket, QF would not interline.
Old May 7, 2015, 8:04 am

Thanks gentlemen!
Old Jun 28, 2016, 7:48 pm

Programs: MH Enrich, VS FC, HH Gold, PC, SPG Gold, Marco Polo Gold, Accor Plat
Hi All,

I plan to take SQ 232 from SYD-SIN in F on A380 and arriving at 17:35 at SIN. I want to take the flight from SIN-KUL SQ 118 AT 18:40, will I be allowed and make it easily?

Will my checked bags be checked all the way through to KUL?

Thanks,
K.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 9:33 pm

Programs: Krisflyer Gold, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold
You would have to transfer from T3 to T2, which can be done quite quickly airside on the skytrain, but I think its doable. SQ should check bags through.

Edit: Skytrain may not be available due to construction but still time with shuttle bus.
http://www.changiairport.com/en/pass...e/transit.html
Old Jun 28, 2016, 10:32 pm

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
Originally Posted by w4rd
You would have to transfer from T3 to T2, which can be done quite quickly airside on the skytrain, but I think its doable. SQ should check bags through.

Edit: Skytrain may not be available due to construction but still time with shuttle bus.
http://www.changiairport.com/en/pass...e/transit.html
There are two skytrain linkages between T3 & T2.
Only the northern one is closed - the southern one is still running every 4-5 minutes.
The southern one is adjacent to the shuttle to/from the T3 A gates.
The northern one is adjacent to the shuttle to/from T3-T1.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 7:01 am

Thanks. If I had to use the bus how often does it come and how long does it take to bus it to the terminal?
Old Jun 29, 2016, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by k3nnis
Thanks. If I had to use the bus how often does it come and how long does it take to bus it to the terminal?
It's in the posted link.

A free shuttle bus service connecting Terminal 2 (E Gates) and Terminal 3 (B Gates) runs from 5.00am to 2.30am, with an average waiting time of between four to seven minutes. The journey takes about six to eight minutes.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 10:33 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by jbfield
There are two skytrain linkages between T3 & T2.
Only the northern one is closed - the southern one is still running every 4-5 minutes.
Is the northern one still closed? I noticed the tracks been covered in to separate it from the construction and I could have sworn I saw a train running on it a couple of weeks ago.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 10:20 pm

Programs: Singapore Airlines Solitaire PPS Club, HHonors Diamond
Should not be a problem at all!
Old Jun 30, 2016, 5:13 pm

Programs: Anything that still flies F
Scheduled a 50 minute transfer time in Late Nov, with the connection being the last flight out for the night. Assuming I am flying on a J award, will Singapore pay for a hotel should we miss our connection?

Last edited by WestCoastFlyer88; Jun 30, 2016 at 5:23 pm
Old Jun 30, 2016, 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by WestCoastFlyer88
Scheduled a 50 minute transfer time in Late Nov, with the connection being the last flight out for the night. Assuming I am flying on a J award, will Singapore pay for a hotel should we miss our connection?
If it's booked as one ticket definitely yes. Otherwise, I'm not so sure.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 12:26 am

ok, I think I will book SQ 232 SYD-SIN then SQ 118 SIN-KUL. I have 1 hour 5 mins to connect successfully. Well in reality lesser. Would you guys take the chance if you were me?

Hope my luggage gets onto SQ118 quickly

I need to go from T3 to T2 via bus.

Thanks,
K.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.